Do you think Ole has or does not have the ability to take us back to the top? And why?

Gasolin

We really should use the search function. There are a hundred threads on this topic already and no amount of discussion will convince anyone to change their opinions.
I agree, this is getting circular. We all know what we think, we all disagree, and we can only wait to see the next data point.
Probably until May but I guess Jan will give us a good data point.

GiddyUp

I would go along with that. Clearly I don't know about every coach out there.
But I was pretty impressed with what he achieved at Tottenham.
I do feel that intellectually, he is brighter than Ole and has a broader skill set. Could he transform Manchester United?.
My gut feeling is that he has a better chance than Ole.
I ridiculed him a bit (unfairly) a few seasons ago when as manager of Spurs he said he was only interested in winning the league or champions league. I feel he is ready to step up for one of the giant clubs.

OleBoiii

1) Why penalise a coach for developing a home grown player? Rodgers gave TAA his debut but that was 5 years ago. Would be like opposition fans in a few years saying Ole should not any credit for Greenwood's development, it's unfair.
2) Klopp signed Salah
3) This one is correct - Maguire then surpassed VVD.
4) Why penalise a coach for developing a player? LVG wanted Mane as well, his raw potential was obvious. If anything he should get extra credit for developing players like Mane, Wijnaldum, TAA, Robertson etc. Because that really is the hallmark of a good coach, not having to rely on massive, expensive signings in every position.

1. The point is that Klopp was lucky to get TAA. He didn't spot him from a mile away. The talent was obvious. He was always going to be very good. Maybe Klopp have squeezed the most out of him, but that is irrelevant.

2. Someone posted an article here the other day about how it was the Liverpool scouts who insisted on Salah, while Klopp was skeptical.

3. Maguire is also much worse than VVD. And Liverpool had seemingly no competition for the signing. The point is still that it hardly takes a genius to break the transfer record for the best CB and GK on the market.

4. Mane is the only signing that could be thought of as a genius signing, seeing as he got twice as good in a matter of months. But only if he was the first choice.

The bottom line here is that while Klopp undoubtedly is the best manager in the game, we can't pretend that he's some sort of transfer wizard. When you look at his 5 standout players then the facts are: 1 is homegrown(i.e. not a transfer), 1 is not Klopp's, 2 are no-brainers that broke transfer records, and 1 was possibly not the first choice.

tomaldinho1

1. The point is that Klopp was lucky to get TAA. He didn't spot him from a mile away. The talent was obvious. He was always going to be very good. Maybe Klopp have squeezed the most out of him, but that is irrelevant.

2. Someone posted an article here the other day about how it was the Liverpool scouts who insisted on Salah, while Klopp was skeptical.

3. Maguire is also much worse than VVD. And Liverpool had seemingly no competition for the signing. The point is still that it hardly takes a genius to break the transfer record for the best CB and GK on the market.

4. Mane is the only signing that could be thought of as a genius signing, seeing as he got twice as good in a matter of months. But only if he was the first choice.

The bottom line here is that while Klopp undoubtedly is the best manager in the game, we can't pretend that he's some sort of transfer wizard. When you look at his 5 standout players then the facts are: 1 is homegrown(i.e. not a transfer), 1 is not Klopp's, 2 are no-brainers that broke transfer records, and 1 was possibly not the first choice.
Ok, so essentially you are saying DO NOT give Klopp credit for developing HG players (because if they turn into great players they were always going to turn into great players?) or any player that wasn't regarded as being world class (because this is down to luck not coaching?) & then basing your Salah opinion on a single article?

Even if I were to ignore all of that, I massively disagree with 1 and 2 and need evidence for 3, name a PL manager with a better transfer record in the last 5 years?

Ok, so essentially you are saying DO NOT give Klopp credit for developing HG players (because if they turn into great players they were always going to turn into great players?) or any player that wasn't regarded as being world class (because this is down to luck not coaching?) & then basing your Salah opinion on a single article?
Sure, and Yorke would’ve been as good under any manager, the Class of 92 would have been amazing and won leagues even if Big Ron was there.
Strange that plenty of Klopp players have turned to utter shit when he’s no longer their coach hey?

Ole won’t do it because Liverpool and Manchester United are two perfect examples of the difference a top coach makes.
Almost 3 decades went by for both clubs before landing on a top manager, a manager who looked very special before he took the job, took them back to the top.

For a manager with Ole’s CV and his time so far, it’s one ridiculous leap of faith to think he has a cat in hell’s chance. Roy Evans, Ron Atkinson, Houllier, Benitez, Souness, Tommy Doc.... nothing about Ole tells us he’ll be anything more than the above, at very best.

Foxbatt

Ole won’t do it because Liverpool and Manchester United are two perfect examples of the difference a top coach makes.
Almost 3 decades went by for both clubs before landing on a top manager, a manager who looked very special before he took the job, took them back to the top.

For a manager with Ole’s CV and his time so far, it’s one ridiculous leap of faith to think he has a cat in hell’s chance. Roy Evans, Ron Atkinson, Houllier, Benitez, Souness, Tommy Doc.... nothing about Ole tells us he’ll be anything more than the above, at very best.
It is pointless to argue logic with them. How can you reason out with people who make as if the season starts well, in the middle of the season. I have no problems if they compare Ole with Lampard, Arteta and any other younger managers. But Klopp and SAF? It is absolutely crazy. Even Benitez won the CL. Ron would have won the Cup Winners Cup if we didn't have so many injuries against Juventus who had the majority of the Italian WC wining side and Platini to boot as well.