Television Doctor Who

pauldyson1uk

From the trailers and preview clips it seems the show is shaping up to be rather good. From all reports, the new series is much more cinematic and grander than ever before. The stories are a lot darker too. The only problem is Karen Gillan is such a plain actress, unlike the other three main actors on the show she doesn't really do dramatic, no matter what she does it just all looks the same. I just hope she took some acting lessons while Doctor Who was taking a break.

I think she is excellent plays a very good part , plays it a different way to how Rose and Donna was played and it works well

Crustanoid

There's more to Amy Pond than we yet know. There might be a reason for her apparent coldness

Silva

I just find it annoying that her face never changes! You can see a difference between all the other characters from story to story, but its still the same old Amelia Pond.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
If someone posted it for download I'd be horrible distraught and filled with rage.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
The redhead really does it for me, wouldn't watch it otherwise.

Scrumpet

There are no words
I never know what's going on in this show. I don't even try to keep up with the plot anymore but it is still oddly entertaining.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good episode & next week's looks interesting as well. I hope the story makes sense in the end with River Song & the multiple doctors.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It's the same doctor. Only from the future.
I know it's the same doctor but why would he invite them all to see him die only to give them a clue to potentially save his life, especially since changing the future will cause a time paradox.

I have no problem with a future doctor if the story is explained properly. For example, the ending to the last season where he was stuck in the box thing but a future version of him came back & helped rescue the present doctor, how exactly did the future doctor manage to get out of the box?

Silva

I know it's the same doctor but why would he invite them all to see him die only to give them a clue to potentially save his life, especially since changing the future will cause a time paradox.

I have no problem with a future doctor if the story is explained properly. For example, the ending to the last season where he was stuck in the box thing but a future version of him came back & helped rescue the present doctor, how exactly did the future doctor manage to get out of the box?
Last year existence had collapsed in on itself, hence the universe didn't skull feck him when a paradox was created.

This season on the other hand.

The doctor knew he was going to die, hence he invited everyone there to his funeral and to help him defeat the silence (well, I assume he's stopping the silence) Also, it's not all explained because the story isn't finished. It'd be a bit crap if there was no mystery.

Crustanoid

Last year existence had collapsed in on itself, hence the universe didn't skull feck him when a paradox was created.

This season on the other hand.

The doctor knew he was going to die, hence he invited everyone there to his funeral and to help him defeat the silence (well, I assume he's stopping the silence) Also, it's not all explained because the story isn't finished. It'd be a bit crap if there was no mystery.
There are rumours of a clone Doctor in this series - my bet is this one is not going to get resolved until at least the end of this season

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Is he actually going to die??!? I feel they've written themselves into a corner here.

Silva

Is he actually going to die??!? I feel they've written themselves into a corner here.
In Dr Who confidential Steven Moffat said that it's definitely the doctor and that he's definitely dead, however, this being Doctor who, there's no chance of him being definitely dead. At most, they'll keep his resurrection/whatever it is they'll do for the season finale.

Crustanoid

In Dr Who confidential Steven Moffat said that it's definitely the doctor and that he's definitely dead, however, this being Doctor who, there's no chance of him being definitely dead. At most, they'll keep his resurrection/whatever it is they'll do for the season finale.
What if he really is dead? And we get a clone replacement, or a parallel universe Doctor from another dimension takes over?

Twisted_Woody

Scout
What if he really is dead? And we get a clone replacement, or a parallel universe Doctor from another dimension takes over?
Bring David Tennant back!

Isn't that a single heart version of him with Rose in some parallel dimension?

Silva

Well, that would be ONE HELL of a twist in the show. SM did say "definitely the doctor, definitely dead" so it would make sense I guess but it wouldn't really be in the spirit of the show. I mean lets face it Doctor is basically
1- The Doctor goes somewhere
2- Shit goes down
3- The Doctor wins
So I doubt that he really is dead, it just can't happen. Surely.
I mean, would the beeb allow it? Does Steven Moffat have the balls to change the show that much?

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Even if it really is the 1100-something year old doctor, and even if he really is dead, there is still enough scope for another 200 or so seasons.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Modern medicine has come a long way, but we can't preserve Matt Smith for that long :(
That's the thing, it was the Matt Smith doctor that died, so either they have something up their sleeve or regeneration is out from now to season 200....

Silva

That's the thing, it was the Matt Smith doctor that died, so either they have something up their sleeve or regeneration is out from now to season 200....
To be fair, in its first season the doctor was only 400 years old, so it's not impossible that this season could span 200 years

Personally, I think they'll find a way to bring the Doctor back.

Perhaps Matt Smiths doctor really is dead, maybe part of his story arc is that he dies there and then? Maybe they save this until he retires then solves it as the doctor coming back with a different body, I mean, he did have 200 years to plan his death.