Television Doctor Who

Crustanoid

Going back to watch both last weeks and this weeks episodes on iplayer - this is warming up nicely and it's only the second episode!

Silva

I just can't wait until it all comes together

The little girl timelord
Amy's pregnancy/not so pregnancy
River Song's identity, she's brilliant, I love it how her and the doctor flirt at incredibly inappropriate times
The Silence, I don't think we've seen the last of them! Don't forget, we still don't know how the took over the Tardis, and that would be in their future, right?
And, of course, the doctors death!

I get the feeling that they'll all be connected by the end of Matt's reign as Doctor. Maybe Amy is a timelord whose lost her fog watch and River is her child (And, the child in this episode)? And in order to stop the silence, River must kill the Doctor!

I know, I know, it's stupid.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
This show doesn't have the ingenuity to be as far up it's own arse as it is

phelans shorts

My thoughts.

That Amy was a future Amy after having the child (River) which was taken by the silence, making her forget about it, for some reason that child (River) was a time lord (space head reason or whatever it was)

probably all wrong mind.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
River being Amy's daughter has been mentioned quite a bit but the girl seems to be a time-lord & I don't think River is a timelord & didn't she die in the library episode, which means the girl can't be her? :confused:

On an unrelated note (possible related, don't know yet) doesn't the doctor already have a daughter?

Can't wait for this to come together.
The Silence, I don't think we've seen the last of them! Don't forget, we still don't know how the took over the Tardis, and that would be in their future, right?
When did that happen? Sorry, I have a terrible memory.

kietotheworld

River being Amy's daughter has been mentioned quite a bit but the girl seems to be a time-lord & I don't think River is a timelord & didn't she die in the library episode, which means the girl can't be her? :confused:
River said in in the Library that the Doctor wouldn't stand a chance of surviving what he was about to put himself through. I really don't like the idea of River being her daughter though, much less a Time Lord born of a mix between human and TARDIS. Really hope they're not going to go with that.

When did that happen? Sorry, I have a terrible memory.
End of the 2010 series.

Minkaro

Out of sheer laziness, I'll paste my Twitter thoughts (and possibly expand upon them, although that is doubtful).

1. Moffat is doing a brilliant job of keeping a couple of questions unanswered at all times. Silence excellent monsters
2. "Who is the little girl?" "Who kills The Doctor?" and "Who was Eyepatch Woman" all need answering. Exciting stuff.
3. Whilst I remember: how good was the performance of Kerry Shale as the "bloke in the orphanage?"

Just to clarify, I know the character's name was Dr. Renfrew, but I thought "bloke in the orphanage" would be a bit easier for people to remember.

I also loved the music that accompanied President Nixon everywhere he went. They could actually have used it a couple more times without it getting old.

Not really a fan of The Doctor pretty much encouraging genocide, or cheering on River's shooting antics, but I suppose he did mention that The Silents weren't going to surrender, therefore leaving him little choice.

All in all, a great episode.

Silva

Out of sheer laziness, I'll paste my Twitter thoughts (and possibly expand upon them, although that is doubtful).

1. Moffat is doing a brilliant job of keeping a couple of questions unanswered at all times. Silence excellent monsters
2. "Who is the little girl?" "Who kills The Doctor?" and "Who was Eyepatch Woman" all need answering. Exciting stuff.
3. Whilst I remember: how good was the performance of Kerry Shale as the "bloke in the orphanage?"

Just to clarify, I know the character's name was Dr. Renfrew, but I thought "bloke in the orphanage" would be a bit easier for people to remember.

I also loved the music that accompanied President Nixon everywhere he went. They could actually have used it a couple more times without it getting old.

Not really a fan of The Doctor pretty much encouraging genocide, or cheering on River's shooting antics, but I suppose he did mention that The Silents weren't going to surrender, therefore leaving him little choice.

All in all, a great episode.
eyepatch woman? Huh?

Minkaro

The one who looks through the door in the orphanage and says something like "she must be dreaming."

Silva

oh right, her, yeah that was a bit weird. I would have completely forgotten about it if it wasn't for you. Didn't even realise she had an eyepatch :/

She'll turn up in the season finalé I reckon

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Return of the eye patch woman. Now someone tell me, did I miss a bit or did one of the pirates just vanish from the story?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
You did not miss a bit. Was a tad clumsy in general, that episode.

phelans shorts

they took over the siren/nurses ship and flew off into space.

Eyepatch woman is going the way of bad wolf and the cracks, definitely building to something big, probably the return of the silence.

Silva

Yeah one of them disappeared in the pirate shit and returned in the end, I'm guessing they cut out his disappearance scene because of time constraints. That episode was more predictable than usual doctor who.

Can't wait to find out who the eye patch woman is.

Also, next weeks trailer looked good.

ha_rooney

Will be interesting to see who pirate woman is, she'll probably have something to do with the Silence & maybe River.
Wonder who the time-lord is next week (the little girl?) And the Ood coming back as well! Just hope this doesn't get too confusing.
The Freud line was quite funny. I'm starting to enjoy Matt Smith as the Doctor.

Minkaro

Bit of a filler episode really. Pretty much the show catching its breath after the two mad episodes.

pauldyson1uk

Bit of a filler episode really. Pretty much the show catching its breath after the two mad episodes.
yeah I would agree but still very good , I like Matt Smith has the Doctor , he is getting into the David Tennant class.
Who the hell is the pirate women and next week look good

I wonder if the Ood will know if he is the Doctor

Gambit

Looking foward to Gaimans episode next week. Saw a bit of a teaser on the confidential. Gaiman is finally doing something I've been waiting to see for ages. They're going to do an exploration of the Tardis with a following walkthrough shot.

Crustanoid

Looking foward to Gaimans episode next week. Saw a bit of a teaser on the confidential. Gaiman is finally doing something I've been waiting to see for ages. They're going to do an exploration of the Tardis with a following walkthrough shot.
Brilliant. Next weeks going to be a good one

ha_rooney

Poor episode, expected much better.

The banter between TARDIS woman & the Doctor was decent, the actress who played her was quite good.

The message she told Rory 'the only water in the forest is the river' surely must be a reference to River Song. I'm probably wrong but it could also be a reference to the 'forest of the dead' which might suggest Amy Pond is a simulation and that River is the only real 'water' in the forest.

Pirate lady is back next week, 3 episodes left until the mid-season break. Moffat said there will be a huge cliffhanger, it better be good.

Silva

Poor episode, expected much better.

The banter between TARDIS woman & the Doctor was decent, the actress who played her was quite good.

The message she told Rory 'the only water in the forest is the river' surely must be a reference to River Song. I'm probably wrong but it could also be a reference to the 'forest of the dead' which might suggest Amy Pond is a simulation and that River is the only real 'water' in the forest.

Pirate lady is back next week, 3 episodes left until the mid-season break. Moffat said there will be a huge cliffhanger, it better be good.
I thought it was a very good episode.
The only thing I didn't like was the abrupt ending. I felt there was more to come in that episode. Also, it felt wrong because they had to cut quite a few things from that episode (apparently there was a scene in TARDIS's swimming pool that had to be cut). So the feeling that the episode went unfulfilled isn't good, they really should make it a 60 minute now.

I thought that the TARDIS's 'soul' was brilliant, the banter was awesome, that goodbye scene was done very well too.

I'm liking the River/Pond water theory! I doubt the Ponds will be a simulation but they could turn out to be Clones? Rory could end up having been a clone of a clone!

I think the Pirate lady will be big. Can't wait to see what she actually does. The cliffhanger will probably be a typical Moffat cliffhanger and see the doctor walking into a trap.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Good beginning and middle, lame ending.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
"I've killed hundreds of timelords"
"I've killed them all!"

:clap:

Gambit

I thought the dialogue was superb, the plot though never really had the chance to fulfill it's potential in such a short space of time. Very disappointed that all we saw of the tardis was some corridors and tennants console room. The host playing with rory and pond was well done but unfortuanetly again didn't have time to play itself out fully. Still it is a kids show. I can't decide if it was brilliant or rubbish.

Silva

"I've killed hundreds of timelords"
"I've killed them all!"

:clap:
There were loads of good lines

"Biting is like kissing, only there's a winner"

"THIEF! Where's my thief!"

"Are all humans bigger on the inside"

"You call me sexy"
"Only when no one's around"

"She's the TARDIS and she's a woman"
"did you wish really hard"

Pretty sure I'm missing more than a few. Might have to watch this episode again just for the dialogue.

Gambit

"She's the TARDIS and she's a woman"
"did you wish really hard"

Pretty sure I'm missing more than a few. Might have to watch this episode again just for the dialogue.
Yeah I loved that one to, I also liked the opening.

Idris: It's starting. What will happen?
Auntie: Oh! Um, Nephew will drain your mind and your soul from your body and leave your body empty.
Idris: I'm scared!
Aunt: Oh, I expect so, dear.

Silva

Secret messages on the Dr who website (a word in italic in every paragraph of 'fourth dimention' no the episodes section.) found it on another website

So far this is what they've got

"All the secrets you seek can be found on the webb."

"We found your message. You're alive, but what secrets do you mean, my friend?"

"I mean I glimpsed him! And may the gods help him or perhaps you can."

"To see what I saw click on the spot beyond the Doctor's home planet." (this is the video in question here: BBC - Doctor Who - Analysis Lessons )

Presumably, is a dialogue between 2(?) people

Sam

They really need to make the episodes and hour long.

The first two were fantastic, the third was quite shit, and yesterday's was good, but could have been better. Really starting to like Matt Smith as the Doctor too.

phelans shorts

Secret messages on the Dr who website (a word in italic in every paragraph of 'fourth dimention' no the episodes section.) found it on another website

So far this is what they've got

"All the secrets you seek can be found on the webb."

"We found your message. You're alive, but what secrets do you mean, my friend?"

"I mean I glimpsed him! And may the gods help him or perhaps you can."

"To see what I saw click on the spot beyond the Doctor's home planet." (this is the video in question here: BBC - Doctor Who - Analysis Lessons )

Presumably, is a dialogue between 2(?) people

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
"I've heard there are a million clones in India"

:lol::lol::lol:

For someone working with many Indian IT contractors at a bank this cracked me up no end.

phelans shorts

I'm really starting to come round to Smith's doctor, it's a better character than the previous incarnations IMO.

So it's the start of the mid-series finale next week, with lots of the old enemies turning up, question his which one (or is it another?) that has kidnapped Amy and the kid?

It seems we also find out who River is, which implies that she is the kid. That said it would be too obvious so probably a red herring.

ha_rooney

When was Amy kidnapped and when did the doctor realise she was one of those flesh things? It will be interesting who pirate woman is and ofcourse River's identity. If she is Amy's child, is she the time-lord girl we saw in episode 2? Also, I wonder if the doctor clone survived and he turns out to be one who is killed (in episode 1)
So many questions to be answered....