Does football entertain you anymore?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Fair enough. My interest and passion comes from United. Right now, it's at an all time. One can only hope it gets better.
If you don’t enjoy something then just stop doing it. Stop watching us and start watching again when we are doing better. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Shows that our fans lowered expectations so much that TOP 6 finish would be seen as a good season. Of course same fans dare to call us "the biggest club in the world". Laughable to be honest.
Yep. The only reason we should support United is when they’re winning titles. Otherwise it’s not entertaining anymore and anyone who says it is has lowered their expectations too much.

dove

Yep. The only reason we should support United is when they’re winning titles. Otherwise it’s not entertaining anymore and anyone who says it is has lowered their expectations too much.
Never said that but whatever.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I love watching the World Cup. Everything else, not so much. This is probably the most disinterested in football I've ever been.

I miss our battles with Arsenal. Two real clubs, with world class managers and players going head to head every season. I hated them so much back then, but it was a fecking great rivalry. None of this artificial City shit.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When your team plays dull as feck football, it sucks the life out of the sport. Do yeah it feels a bit dead for me.

If we played like Liverpool or City, I'd be really entertained.

Castia

Yes

It’s actually more tactical and attacking then ever, it’s just a shame we’re about 10 years behind other clubs.

SirAnderson

I honestly need to find myself not invest so much joy in our team, it will only hurt more. Right now I just need to appreciate the beautiful game, even if its our rivals that are playing it, stings but there's nothing to do. Still waiting for my trial request to be approved by Manchester United.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
If you don’t enjoy something then just stop doing it. Stop watching us and start watching again when we are doing better. There’s nothing wrong with that.
I don't think I could ever stop watching. I don't think majority of people could just drop a long term hobby just like that.

Amarsdd

I think I need to leave the caf to enjoy football again which I've been seriously considering. I used to absolutely love watching United however we were doing before caf. Even when I found caf, it used to be fun going through the caf on a daily basis, but nowadays its just too negative (at everrrry thing). For me nowadays, football has become not just the game but the stupid opinions surrounding it and the caf plays a huge part in that. And I think I also hate these "fanatics" who are completely clueless and just want to shout their mouth at everything. It has even made me think maybe if we languish in the mediocrity for a decade or so, United would be cleansed of these sort of fans. But, yeah I think I'll start enjoying football again when I remove these stupid shouting matches from my peripheral.

K13

Yes absolutely.

The results don't always go the way you want them to but there is always a little bit of drama. Today - VAR was a bit of a nuisance today and we did not really get what we deserved. Over a 38 game season we will have a few games that will make up for that and be very fortunate.

Red Stone

When your team plays dull as feck football, it sucks the life out of the sport. Do yeah it feels a bit dead for me.

This. I love the game, but hate the way we play it. Our team is also filled with twats that don't even have the decency to make up for their twattishness by being good. I just feel disconnected from what made me fall in love with the sport as a kid.

mu4c_20le

Yes, it was really exciting near the end where it looked like anyone's game.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I've never ever watched another club for 90 minutes bar el classico or international games.

Football wasn't really entertaining to me but United were.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I don't think I could ever stop watching. I don't think majority of people could just drop a long term hobby just like that.
I did. I used to collect lead roofing from other peoples homes while they slept. But after several disgruntled visits from ‘the man’ I stopped.

Walters_19_MuFc

I was very much entertained against Chelsea. Scored four goals and looked good. Obviously we lost today so you'll have a few knee jerks, but we massively struggle to break teams down that defend in numbers. Every man and his dog knew that, and I'm pissed that we didn't address that in the summer.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

For sure. Collectively, our past four managers have sucked the life out of the sport, for me.

pacifictheme

Yeah i love watching city play. They are absolutely amazing to watch.

We are utter shite.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
No, not really. Which is why football and I will be on a break for a short while.

el3mel

2 or 3 years ago the entire weekend would be ruined for me when United lost. I was still it's just few odd years of us being shite so I was still emotionally invested.

But now after 3 more years of being shite ? I got used to us being shite and hardly gets emotionally invested to the point of not watching other matches. I'll swear and slaughter everyone but will watch other matches and enjoy them.

I just accepted mediocrity.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
For sure. Collectively, our past four managers have sucked the life out of the sport, for me.
Yeah. The sport is wonderful. But United not being entertaining kills my interest in the other games too, at least from the PL.

The last World Cup was the only time I've genuinely loved the game during the last 6 years (barring our spells here and there of decent football).

Water Melon

I do not enjoy United's games anymore. My main worry is that we will not compete for real trophies, until the Glazer's sell. What a shame :(