Does Liverpool's (impending) title win change your perception of Moyes?

Feed Me

I'm hungry
For me, it's put into finer focus just what an awful job Moyes has done at United.

Liverpool are far less resourced than United, have spent less money in the build up to and during this season and have heaps less experience, yet they've produced a fantastic run of form that'll see them win the league.

They have a manager who has instilled a philosophy that all the players have bought into and he's set them up in a system that gets the maximum out of all individuals. Compare this to Moyes, whose style of play is muddled at best, characterised by one dimensional football and square pegs in round holes.

All the work United and SAF did over a near 30 year period has gone up in smoke in under a year. As the reigning champions, we have to take responsibility in handing the league over so limply to our greatest rivals. If we'd have lost out to Chelsea or City, fair enough, but to Liverpool... sorry, that's beyond the pale.

Does anyone think the club may be thinking along the same lines? Am I being harsh?

Cal?

CR7 fan
To answer your question, no. My view of Moyes is as low as it can get anyway.

Liverpool being top of the league has just got me to hate him.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
All the work United and SAF did over a near 30 year period has gone up in smoke in under a year.
It certainly feels like that, but its not true. Pool have not been in europe this season, so easier for them to concentrate on the league. Its been a funny season, with the top 3 from last season all changing manager. Pool are getting lucky, thats all.

NessunDorma

Another way of looking at it is that Liverpool's improvement this season shows how quickly things can turn around. 7th to (potentially) 1st in just one year.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It just shows that choosing the right manager and getting your transfers right is critical.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Another way of looking it is that Liverpool's improvement this season shows how quickly things can turn around. 7th to (potentially) 1st in just one year.
With an actual world class manager though. Bring in Klopp or Mourinho and no doubt we'd be back where we belong within a year as well.

Chabon

All the work United and SAF did over a near 30 year period has gone up in smoke in under a year.
I'm pretty sure if Liverpool win the league we don't actually have to give them all 13 of our premier league trophies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I never felt he was good enough, so not really.

What them possibly winning the league reminds me is that he couldn't even taken any points off them and make their job harder. So there no positive from him there either. It'd as miserable a season as it gets.

Well done David Moyes.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
It just shows that choosing the right manager and getting your transfers right is critical.
This could just be a flash in the pan. Brenda was talking some pure rubbish after the game today, his bubble may burst yet.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
I'd like to point out that City and Chelsea are (or will be) behind Liverpool as well, not only United...

Does it really matter who wins? We've been disappointing, that's all.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not really, my opinion was low on Moyes all the time.

However it confirms how important a good manager is. Some United fans had forgotten it already and thought that the solution is to spend a lot.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'd like to point out that City and Chelsea are (or will be) behind Liverpool as well, not only United...

Does it really matter who wins? We've been disappointing, that's all.
City / Chelsea do not have the rivalry with Liverpool that we do though.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
I think a more pertinent question would be whether or not the situation in Ukraine can in any way be pinned on Moyes? Come on guys, there must be a way we can use the wider political landscape to criticise him. I mean we kicked arse in Moscsow 6 years ago and now Putin's just doing what he wants because of David fecking Moyes!

Cal?

CR7 fan
Not really, my opinion was low on Moyes all the time.

However it confirms how important a good manager is. Some United fans had forgotten it already and thought that the solution is to spend a lot.
Which was apparently the reason we didn't want Mourinho, until this season where's he's spent less than Moyes and miles above us.

Getsme

With the right manager, yes.
This is what a few posters aren't getting. It was clear last season that Rodgers was sending the club in a new and much improved direction. His vision was clear and knew what had to be done from the off. Moyes on the other hand.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Yes, I hate him more because of it.

He must leave if we are to compete again.

Baxter

Shows what a manager with a clear view of he wants to play, and isn't afraid to change personnel can do.

Getsme

Which was apparently the reason we didn't want Mourinho, until this season where's he's spent less than Moyes and miles above us.
Yep, I remember reading the posts on how Mourinho would spend spend spend if he came to United, where as Moyes would unite the team and buy sensibly. How times have changed.

Kag

Not really. I wouldn't consider myself to be particularly fickle. I actively wanted to see the back of Dave during January and I've seen nothing that changes my mind.

The potential Liverpool success is only a secondary issue that caps off an unbelievably awful season. I'm more concerned about us.

redtilldead123

We won everything and dominated, now it our time to regather our strength as other teams are in the ascendancy.

Without Moyes this season would have been extremely tough as Liverpool and also City clearly have a better 11 players that are at the top of their game.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Mourinho spent less than Moyes this season?

Yea no. Your obession with Moyes is reaching new lows.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I'm not sure why there are so many people stalking threads throwing wobblers when they don't like the subject matter. If you don't like the topic, leave the thread - it's remarkably simple stuff.

I personally think this thread asks some pertinent questions, which is why I started it. If a mod / admin disagrees then it's their prerogative to delete it.

Liverpool sitting top of the league and being close to dethroning us means questions should specifically be asked of our manager. Even if we show signs of improvement in our final games, he's completely failed in the context of this season. He's overseen an astonishing decline and at the same time our greatest rivals have filled their boots.

An Irish Red

Shows what a manager with a clear view of he wants to play, and isn't afraid to change personnel can do.
Brendan Rodgers is much younger than Moyes is and he's already better than Moyes will ever be. Yet some people think it's a good idea to give the dinosaur years in charge here.

He's not even in the top five managers in our league, nor does he have the potential to be so what's the point?

Cal?

CR7 fan
We won everything and dominated, now it our time to regather our strength as other teams are in the ascendancy.

Without Moyes this season would have been extremely tough as Liverpool and also City clearly have a better 11 players that are at the top of their game.
You actually believe that Liverpool have a better squad than ours? :rolleyes:

With Sir Alex we'd be favourites for the title now.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Liverfool winning the league is nothing to do my Moyes, we need to concentrate on rebuilding our own side and not waste our time on what they are doing.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
You actually believe that Liverpool have a better squad than ours? :rolleyes:

With Sir Alex we'd be favourites for the title now.
Possibly, but SAF is no longer manger. We need to quit living in the past.