Does Mike Phelan do anything?

Jaz

I think Phelan is under pressure. Really need to stop these horrific defensive errors.

Devilton

The only thing I've ever seen Phelan do well...is act bald. That and rocking a pair of shorts.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
My understanding is that Phelan is the Asst. Manager, does that mean he is simply the buffer between the manager and the players and also does not get involved in the coaching?

If that is the case then Rene should be the one to blame as he is the coach?

Crustanoid

Economic recession and approx 78% responsibility for the current conflicts occurring in the world

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He is clearly there to be the eye candy of our bench. The way he sinks into his chair. The way he folds his arms. The way he doesn't look bothered. The way he's bald. Women love that stuff.

Crustanoid

As in SAFs 'Muscle' to sort out the players when they're misbehaving? No wonder we have so many injuries

Denis' cuff

I don't have an opinion on Phelan's coaching ability, mostly because I don't have any way of knowing, but it is interesting that lately when you see Sir Alex talking amongst coaches it is almost always to Rene and not Phelan. Not that I think it matters, just something I've noticed a few times lately.
that's just because Rene has a jazzy name : for Micky at his best, take a look at this: http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...nks-united-wont-make-same-mistakes-again.aspx

now, tell me you're not inspired

Crustanoid

Denis' cuff

I feel so much more enlightened to the machinations of successful football management after reading this. Comments like: ' I think we also know that we need to score plenty of goals' are so insightful. You really can't teach this stuff
told yer - now, take that positivity and innovation into your workplace today - that is what you call thinking outside the square

togg

we were shit in Europe, its a team game, remember to play for 90 minutes, score lots of goals...and defend better "all those elements are important"

...thanks Mike....but come on....seriously...what's the best way to burst a balloon....

Chris H

Video Posting God
I heard the new Toshiba deal will eventually fail because Phelan can't read an MRI properly. Actually he is very poor at interpreting nearly all types of diagnostic imaging.

amolbhatia50k

No, we must be allowed to vent about Phelan. Where will go when anything goes wrong?

Crustanoid

I'm confident next time it looks like I'm about to miss a deadline at work all I have to do is blame Phelan and an extension will be granted, no questions asked.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
If one of you cnuts mentions Carlos "failed at management" Quieroz, you can feck right off.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
It looks like Phelan has taken up the role of penalty coach...

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
If one of you cnuts mentions Carlos "failed at management" Quieroz, you can feck right off.
You mentioned him first....

Also, how he did at management is irrelevant. He was an excellent #2.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
You mentioned him first....

Also, how he did at management is irrelevant. He was an excellent #2.
To be fair I mentioned it a couple posts earlier.
Honestly I think we looked more solid and generaly a team that every other team feared, as opposed to now.
People can say what they want about him as a manager but fact is we were better tacticaly and technicaly with him as #2 compared to now. And I know most people would be quick to point out that we had Ronaldo, etc. It's true, we can't replace him, but losing one player (no matter how fantastic he is) shouldn't mean a team should decline in that sense so much, especialy with quality replacements, and what is currently our strongest squad since Ronaldo left, and atleast on paper one of the strongest in general.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
I just wonder where the team is headed. I'm not necessarily blaming Phelan, but more he and SAF as a pair. In the past Queiroz brought something new and even though we did have a couple of dodgy seasons under him too, the team still looked like it was heading towards something better, and subsequently did.

This team has not improved whatsoever since Ronaldo left. The defence is nowhere near as good, the midfield is exactly the same only much older, and the strikers are often dependent solely on the service which they receive from wide areas.

Im not really interested in attributing blame to any one individual, im just saying what i see. Tactically i see nothing for when the opponent has the ball. Exactly the same pattern to last night's game as we saw in Europe last year. The opponents spells possession are resulting in chances being created time and again, and we seem to have no more answer for it this year, than we had last year.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Did anyone else notice that we had 2 Phelan's last night?

Terry was sat behind the dugout. Never realised they were related.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just looked Phelan up on Wiki (wondering if he might be considering retiring at the same time as Fergie) and it says he's only 49 yrs old. Is Wiki correct there?
Are you serious :lol:!!!

amolbhatia50k

Just looked Phelan up on Wiki (wondering if he might be considering retiring at the same time as Fergie) and it says he's only 49 yrs old. Is Wiki correct there?
Don't lie. You were hoping weren't you?

Will Absolute

By buying his first pair of long trousers? Never going to happen.

He may come out of the closet (sans trousers), and announce that he's in a committed, long term relationship with Rene. Wouldn't really surprise me though.