Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
I have lost count of how many impeachable offences Trump has committed. That's not even mentioning breaking emoluments clauses or or other Constitutional rules or Presidential norms.

Just imagine if Obama stopped his Press Officer giving weekly briefings at the White House, or if Obama himself never have interviews. Imagine if Obama refused to release his tax returns..

The hypocrisy and also acceptance from the Republicans is mind blowing. It's beyond scary.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I have lost count of how many impeachable offences Trump has committed. That's not even mentioning breaking emoluments clauses or or other Constitutional rules or Presidential norms.

Just imagine if Obama stopped his Press Officer giving weekly briefings at the White House, or if Obama himself never have interviews. Imagine if Obama refused to release his tax returns..

The hypocrisy and also acceptance from the Republicans is mind blowing. It's beyond scary.
The precedent they are setting is quite ridiculous. The frustrating thing is that when the next Democrat president farts, the republican congress will throw the book at them.

There is an absolute goldmine of on record statements made by McConnell, Graham and others during Clinton’s impeachment trial that should be submitted as evidence by the Democrat senators but you know they’re just going to be standing there holding their dicks while McConnell and co run the whole thing however they like.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
We need Trump to wear a tan suit. That’ll turn the Fox News crew and it’ll all fall down from there.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
We need Trump to wear a tan suit. That’ll turn the Fox News crew and it’ll all fall down from there.
Or put Dijon mustard on a burger but there is zero chance of Trump doing that. He probably thinks Dijon is in North Korea.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I used to think impeachment occured in the US when a president violated some rules. I didn't know there was a vote to determine his fate. Isn't that likely to be rejected like many bills republicans dislike would? I saw Andrew Yang say that Democrats should be realistic and don't have the numbers to get it done. So for me, all the 'its an open and shut case etc' talk I've been seeing from the late night shows is all well and good but a vote being required changes everything doesn't it?
They don't have the votes and it will fail. But they still had to impeach to show his behaviour is corrupt and unacceptable. If they hadn't tried, then they'd be giving silent approval.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They don't have the votes and it will fail. But they still had to impeach to show his behaviour is corrupt and unacceptable. If they hadn't tried, then they'd be giving silent approval.
Or his base will buy into the narrative that it was all part of a political vendetta given they'll believe anything.

Drifter

American
Most of what he wrote in the letter, we had already heard .It all seemed to be about stoking up the base to take action against this coup.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why don't we ever hear about Republicans in Dem leaning districts?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Obama got shit on for saluting with a coffee cup in his hand, and not wearing a flag pin one time, and the Dijon mustard thing, and so many other "scandals". Yet here we've got a guy who before he was elected was embroiled in many very serious scandals, and it has only gotten worse.

People voting for him really are morally bankrupt (or ignorant).

Fergies Gum

What a momentous and historic day. It feels surreal that we are about to witness something that will be talked about for decades to come.

Adisa

Obama got shit on for saluting with a coffee cup in his hand, and not wearing a flag pin one time, and the Dijon mustard thing, and so many other "scandals". Yet here we've got a guy who before he was elected was embroiled in many very serious scandals, and it has only gotten worse.

Both. Political vandals. Graham is the biggest snake.

Adisa

The brass neck on Republicans calling the investigation illegitimate because they couldn't interview key witnesses.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The brass neck on Republicans calling the investigation illegitimate because they couldn't interview key witnesses.
Yep. I'd imagine Trump's defence will partly be you never spoke to the most crucial people (Mulvaney, Bolton, Giuliani) so how can you possibly know?

Adisa

CNN have wheeled out Santorum.

Listening to the weasel. I am screaming inside.

Last edited:

mav_9me

Or his base will buy into the narrative that it was all part of a political vendetta given they'll believe anything.
His base is a lost cause. The dems have to do the right thing, politically and genuinely the right thing too. They can't worry about his base.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Pelosi starts proceedings. Hammering home the fact that Trump is a threat to the Republic. The Republicans don't seem to have much interest in the Republic anymore.

Got a horrible feeling we're going to see a GOP extremist attack over the next 24 hours in retaliation for this.

feckin Doug Collins is competing with Nunes, McConnell and co for a spot in the Absolute cnut list.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Pelosi starts proceedings. Hammering home the fact that Trump is a threat to the Republic. The Republicans don't seem to have much interest in the Republic anymore.

Got a horrible feeling we're going to see a GOP extremist attack over the next 24 hours in retaliation for this.

feckin Doug Collins is competing with Nunes, McConnell and co for a spot in the Absolute cnut list.
"irregardless" :lol: What a fecking moron! Why do most of the Republicans have faces that you just want to pummel to a pulp and voices that just grate on the ears?

Affirmation

This impeachment goes beyond Democratic or Republican lines, this is about safeguarding democracy and the values that the United States of America were founded upon. Any politician that chooses to defend Trump for the benefit of their political party ahead of their own country is a disgrace. To defend Trump is to partake in the treason he has already committed, no true American would fail to recognize this.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
This impeachment goes beyond Democratic or Republican lines, this is about safeguarding democracy and the values that the United States of America were founded upon. Any politician that chooses to defend Trump for the benefit of their political party ahead of their own country is a disgrace. To defend Trump is to partake in the treason he has already committed, no true American would fail to recognize this.
The Republican's are using this to see what they can get away with. Their voter base has been shrinking for years and they are desperate to cling on to power. That's what McConnell's entire mission has been about, breaking down democratic processes and consolidating Republican power. They're prepared to break the law to maintain power and they're doing what they can to ensure that it goes without punishment.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I know it’s historic but I can’t stand listening to the Republican defenses and turned it off. There really are no good Republicans and I lose respect for anyone who votes for them.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Ignorant is too kind. They are fecking morons.

Dante

Average bang

It's got little to do with the actions that either Obama or Trump take. It's more to do with how partisan the electorate, congress and the senate are.

Both sides hate each other. But as an outsider looking in, it seems obvious that the Republicans are more venomous in their hatred of the opposition and more vociferous in their support for their own team. They're the Millwall of American politics.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It's got little to do with the actions that either Obama or Trump take. It's more to do with how partisan the electorate, congress and the senate are.

Both sides hate each other. But as an outsider looking in, it seems obvious that the Republicans are more venomous in their hatred of the opposition and more vociferous in their support for their own team. They're the Millwall of American politics.
The oldest con job in sales is telling people that if they don’t like option 1, they automatically like option 2. That’s how the two party system works in America. There are no democrats or republicans, there are just people who don’t agree with one side and unknowingly got lumped with the other side.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Can you post? I scrolled through and could not find the tweet though I didn't scroll through the entire thread.

Trump's tweet was clearly code to acknowledge that abortion clinics are being used by satanic unholy cults (as opposed to satanic holy cults) to harvest babies for food. Truly a visionary of our time.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Are house members talking on the floor exempt from liable? Or is it 1A protected?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Florida’s own Matt Gaetz who is an insufferable prick.
That Donny Osmond wannabe is one of the worst of the lot along with Moscow Mitch, Graham, Miller, Santorum, Collins, McCarthy, Cruz, Kennedy and Jordan. Can't stand those feckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.