g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Donald Trump - All things impeachment.... | Acquitted in the Senate

Status
Not open for further replies.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Username checks out :)

Never said there weren’t any self made people. Just disputing Bezos as being one of them. I think my one comment got misinterpreted.
Haha - it does!

My post wasn't to try and correct you - was just offering up an example :)

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
It doesn't really matter if billionaires are self made or not. Fair play to them for working hard or coming up with the ideas. However, it is their fecking duty as humans to share the wealth and pay more towards a system that helps everyone.

A society is judged by the way it treats it's poor and needy. And also it's elderly.

Ironically, many of those poor, needy and elderly have been voting against the parties who would help them the most. Especially in the UK and USA.

Feck knows how to sort that one out.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
It doesn't really matter if billionaires are self made or not. Fair play to them for working hard or coming up with the ideas. However, it is their fecking duty as humans to share the wealth and pay more towards a system that helps everyone.

A society is judged by the way it treats it's poor and needy. And also it's elderly.

Ironically, many of those poor, needy and elderly have been voting against the parties who would help them the most. Especially in the UK and USA.

Feck knows how to sort that one out.
As people like filmmaker Michael Moore to linguist George Lakoff have tried to say for decades
The masses don't vote their material self interest, they vote their moral values.

Drifter

American
Judge Allows Lev Parnas to Share Evidence with Congress That Could Corroborate Claims About Devin Nunes

Lev Parnas
, an indicted Ukrainian-Floridian businessman and associate of Rudy Giuliani’s who has been anxious to tell Congress what he remembers, got a federal judge’s blessing on Friday.

Parnas trotted the globe in search of dirt on the Bidens only to be abandoned by President Donald Trump. This apparently angered and upset Parnas. On Friday, Obama-appointed U.S. District Judge Paul Oetken granted Parnas’s request to give the Rep. Adam Schiff-led House Intelligence Committee iPhone and documentary evidence seized by the government in Parnas’s Southern District of New York criminal case.

“Granted. Defendant Lev Parnas may produce the materials referenced herein to the United States House of Representatives Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence,” Oetken ordered. The judge previously signaled that he would grant the request.

Parnas’s attorney, Joseph Bondy, noted before that the government did not object to sharing of documents seized from Parnas’s home and the contents extracted from his client’s iPhone 11.

Bondy said the information was relevant and responsive to a congressional subpoena, and that it was important that congressional investigators had it so they could “corroborate the strength of Mr. Parnas’s potential testimony.”

“These materials fall within the scope of the September 30, 2019 letter request and October 10, 2019 subpoena of the United States House of Representatives’ Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence (HPSCI), in connection with the presidential impeachment inquiry,” Bondy wrote.

“At present, we do not know whether we intend to produce the entirety of the materials, or a subset filtered for either privilege or relevancy. If a subset, we will inform the Court and Government as to what we have actually have produced,” he added.

As Law&Crime noted before, a bit of potential testimony that Congress will no doubt attempt to corroborate involves House Intel Ranking Member Devin Nunes (R-Calif.). You may remember that Bondy gave information to CNN that triggered a Nunes lawsuit.

Nunes sued over claims that he went to Austria in 2018 and met Viktor Shokin, and communicated with Parnas in Dec. 2018 “around the time of the ‘Vienna Trip.’” Nunes and his attorney said the trip “never happened.” Shokin is the former Ukrainian Prosecutor General that Joe Biden bragged about getting fired. Republican Senators also believed Shokin was corrupt and wanted him ousted.

Calls logs released in the House Intel Committee’s impeachment report showed that Nunes, Parnas, and Giuliani spoke by phone. The logs from April 12, 2019 showed Parnas called John Solomon — the then-Hill columnist who brought to the mainstream the Joe-Biden-Hunter Biden-Burisma narrative pushed by President Trump, Shokin, Giuliani, Parnas, and more. The logs also showed Parnas had a call with Nunes that lasted for more than eight minutes. Parnas then called Solomon back.

The “-1” number that showed up in logs appears to belong to the president.

Bondy previously said that, in light of the call records, Nunes should have recused himself from the House Intelligence Committee’s impeachment hearings.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Is it me or is he almost laughing? :lol:
Probably can't believe his luck.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s almost funny how oblivious they are to being exactly the same as the people they hate.

Jinn

It's amazing how people in other countries are pro Trump. I'm South African and the people I work with (mostly the white guys) are actually applauding Trumps presidency.
They talk of how he got elected without funding and how he used the American media for marketing his campaign by saying allot of controversial stuff to get airtime, etc.
I'm not that clever when it come to American politics. I just follow the headlines, not knowing what to believe...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It's amazing how people in other countries are pro Trump. I'm South African and the people I work with (mostly the white guys) are actually applauding Trumps presidency.
They talk of how he got elected without funding and how he used the American media for marketing his campaign by saying allot of controversial stuff to get airtime, etc.
I'm not that clever when it come to American politics. I just follow the headlines, not knowing what to believe...
I’ve seen a few Aussies with this view as well. In general, people who are concerned about a departure of homogeneous identity and are generally skeptical of multiculturalism, tend to view Trump in a favorable light.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve seen a few Aussies with this view as well. In general, people who are concerned about a departure of homogeneous identity and are generally skeptical of multiculturalism, tend to view Trump in a favorable light.
People who are against multiculturalism should be forced to have their genes analysed so they realise they’re not actually “European White”, they’re 1.2% Western Asian, 1.8% North African, 2.2% Native American and 2.8% Polynesian ect ect.

We’re all a bunch of mongrels and a hell of a lot healthier because of it.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
People who are against multiculturalism should be forced to have their genes analysed so they realise they’re not actually “European White”, they’re 1.2% Western Asian, 1.8% North African, 2.2% Native American and 2.8% Polynesian ect ect.

We’re all a bunch of mongrels and a hell of a lot healthier because of it.
True, although for them it’s more down to retaining their cultural identity, and they see Trump as someone who can slow down the pace of change. I work with a number of these people who are casual Trump supporters and this is the only explanation I can think of.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
True, although for them it’s more down to retaining their cultural identity, and they see Trump as someone who can slow down the pace of change. I work with a number of these people who are casual Trump supporters and this is the only explanation I can think of.
Is America the same as England in that you get people that live in remote rural countryside where they barely ever bump into anyone a different race to them yet are convinced that they’re being overrun by [OTHER_RACE] and losing their identity because of it?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Is America the same as England in that you get people that live in remote rural countryside where they barely ever bump into anyone a different race to them yet are convinced that they’re being overrun by [OTHER_RACE] and losing their identity because of it?
I don’t think that sort of thing happens much in the US since even people in more rural areas see people of different races and cultures, not to mention the fact that everyone is online today. I see the variances between progressives, moderate independents, and Republicans as largely a dispute over the pace of change in society.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
I'd be surprised if it wasn't to be honest. It's the exact same here in Denmark for instance. Rural areas with few immigrants vote for racists.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I'd be surprised if it wasn't to be honest. It's the exact same here in Denmark for instance. Rural areas with few immigrants vote for racists.
Germany as well afaik.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don’t think that sort of thing happens much in the US since even people in more rural areas see people of different races and cultures, not to mention the fact that everyone is online today. I see the variances between progressives, moderate independents, and Republicans as largely a dispute over the pace of change in society.
Well and whether to build a wall to keep them "Mexicans" out?!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well and whether to build a wall to keep them "Mexicans" out?!
That’s a part of the homogeneous cultural preservation of the right. They obviously know that more people from different cultures is tantamount to a dilution of their own culture and a gradual departure from what they perceive as American national identity.

GiddyUp

Big difference between reading about a minority online and having them walk past you're kitchen window. I've been through enough small rural towns in my life and in some you can feel the suspicious eyes on you everywhere. A lot of unwarranted fear out there which kind of annoys me as a healthy influx of immigrants in to some of these communities may help them in ways they couldn't imagine.
Plus, they've been voting Republican for over 40 years and watched the slow decline around them but apparently Adam Schiff is the problem. I can sometimes understand why the Democrats write these areas off, I wouldn't but changing minds is a tough business especially when you have a fully fledged propaganda machine masquerading as a news network.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That’s a part of the homogeneous cultural preservation of the right. They obviously know that more people from different cultures is tantamount to a dilution of their own culture and a gradual departure from what they perceive as American national identity.
I obviously can't tell you about what the average American is like, but when I think about how people from south of the US were portrayed as MS13 members who couldn't wait to rape and deal drugs in the US, how families were seperated, children locked in cages, what one reads about ICE in general, the attitude that can be openly displayed toward Muslim people; then "homogeneous cultural preservation" sounds like a generous euphemism to me.

And while even everyone in rural parts has seen a minority sometimes, I think there is a big difference between that and growing up/working in a bigger City, where they are just a normal part of your daily life.

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Just listened to a good pod with Ben Rhodes on why Trump's assassination of an Iranian General is so out of the norm. References a 12 page briefing document the Obama WH used to brief both foreign allies and congress ahead of Bin Laden mission. Also pointed out he's been a person of interest for at least 4 administrations, and his whereabouts are almost always known - ie - Bush or Obama could have done this at any time. But chose not to, because you don't declare war on Iran by executing one of the foremost generals. Unless you don't even understand what you're doing.

The Trump WH briefed noone. Didn't even tell the appropriate parts of Congress, much less NATO partners. Apparently from Mar-a-Lago too.

It's so ridiculously amateur hour over there.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I remember during the election people saying if he's elected he will tone down and cut back on tweeting
He's literally tweeting Congress these days
The 2020 election is going to be nasty isn't it

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I remember during the election people saying if he's elected he will tone down and cut back on tweeting
He's literally tweeting Congress these days
The 2020 election is going to be nasty isn't it
He's opening a full can of worms here if he says his twitter posts are to be legally obliged.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The worst ever by a considerable distance.
cant help but think if it comes to a pissing contest then both sides get covered in piss - and not only does the don allegedly like that but most probably he does a lot better in that kind of environment than a policy focused cordial debate
I see trump is now odds on at the bookmakers to win 2020 when a couple of weeks ago he was odds against - of course its early and that market is heavily influenced by the bets that they have received - but it suggests people are betting on the same hunch i have - that the nastier it gets the better for trump - and it looks like its going to be really feking nasty

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
also striking back in a disproportionate manner... from a legal point of view i'm not sure you want to be saying that
Who cares about legality when you have no respect for institutions other than yourself.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Who cares about legality when you have no respect for institutions other than yourself.
I guess so - plus hes clearly going to try to get Ivanka or Don Junior in power in 2024 and they can give him immunity to live out his days in the southern white house to tweet away and be showered by Russian hookers...

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
cant help but think if it comes to a pissing contest then both sides get covered in piss - and not only does the don allegedly like that but most probably he does a lot better in that kind of environment than a policy focused cordial debate
I see trump is now odds on at the bookmakers to win 2020 when a couple of weeks ago he was odds against - of course its early and that market is heavily influenced by the bets that they have received - but it suggests people are betting on the same hunch i have - that the nastier it gets the better for trump - and it looks like its going to be really feking nasty
There's a limit to how far you can take the nastiness before voters recoil. My take on it is if the Dems fight hard but clean it'll push Trump into going too far repeatedly, and each time it'll cost him voters. If the Dems actually went into the mud with him they'll certainly lose, but then again they don't have a candidate running who is capable of that, and the party isn't set up for it anyway. The only way I see them losing is if they once again act too weak.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There's a limit to how far you can take the nastiness before voters recoil. My take on it is if the Dems fight hard but clean it'll push Trump into going too far repeatedly, and each time it'll cost him voters. If the Dems actually went into the mud with him they'll certainly lose, but then again they don't have a candidate running who is capable of that, and the party isn't set up for it anyway. The only way I see them losing is if they once again act too weak.
Each time he does things he gains supporter.

How on earth he can still be on 40 plus

Status
Not open for further replies.