Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
He's definitely got some kind of deal with Truth Social preventing him from using Twitter for the time being, it's the only explanation.
As if simple rules ever stopped him from doing things before.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Doesn't he own it?
Not sure if he owns it entirely, and it's possible he signed such contract to get financing considering that this SN will die even faster if Tumps and his right wing goons go back to twitter.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
His core base like this shit. All you need to hear is the resounding silence of every single Republican of note on all of this.

Pintu

His core base like this shit. All you need to hear is the resounding silence of every single Republican of note on all of this.
:lol:
You have much to learn
I understand that. But to win the nomination and ultimately the presidency he’d need to appear reasonable enough to voters outside of his core base. I can’t possibly imagine cosying up to neo-Nazis helps him achieve that?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I understand that. But to win the nomination and ultimately the presidency he’d need to appear reasonable enough to voters outside of his core base. I can’t possibly imagine cosying up to neo-Nazis helps him achieve that?
Trump went through the same thing when he couldn’t account for David Duke’s support of him in the 2016 elections. He still won.

Ultimately, people vote against Trump because they don’t like his unstable nature, not because he meets with fringe elements of society. He needs the latter to vote for him.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You seem new to the Trump phenomenon.

nimic

something nice
Scout
You seem new to the Trump phenomenon.
I don't think he's wrong, though. Trump is much more of a known factor in 2016, it's harder for independents to ignore all the bad sides. Many of them will, but comparatively fewer than in 2016. Probably fewer than in 2020, if he's going full mask off with literal Nazis.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I don't think he's wrong, though. Trump is much more of a known factor in 2016, it's harder for independents to ignore all the bad sides. Many of them will, but comparatively fewer than in 2016. Probably fewer than in 2020, if he's going full mask off with literal Nazis.
It's easier gor indies to ignore Trump now because he is more of a known factor. The exhausted minority of independent voters who voted for Biden will be far more amenable to DeSantis, etc. than Trump.

At least that's how I perceive it.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
No way he wins, but i bet the libs would feel so owned if he did, so go for it, republicans!

RedDevilQuebecois

No way he wins, but i bet the libs would feel so owned if he did, so go for it, republicans!
That would mean a significant payrise and a contract extension for James Adomian on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Adomian's portrayal of Mike Lindell is so funny.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
That would mean a significant payrise and a contract extension for James Adomian on Jimmy Kimmel Live. Adomian's portrayal of Mike Lindell is so funny.
I don't mind Jimmy Kimmel, but i haven't watched him in quite a while, so i actually don't know who Adomian is, but i guess i'll have something fun to watch then, thanks.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He's going to get more and more pathetic now (even if it's hard to believe) that both Murdoch and the GOP leadership have ditched him.

Can't wait, his fight with De Santis will be a blast.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
He's going to get more and more pathetic now (even if it's hard to believe) that both Murdoch and the GOP leadership have ditched him.

Can't wait, his fight with De Santis will be a blast.
If he makes it to 24 (by not kicking the bucket or getting convicted) he is going to destroy the GOP in one way or another. If he wins the nomination, I can't see how he wins the general election, and the down ballot effect could be catastrophic. If he loses the nomination I don't see him doing it gracefully, and if he peels off only 20% of his MAGA base it will also have the same consequences as above.

Of course, there is a 4th option where he wins the nomination and sweeps to victory, but that is stuff of nightmares.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Lock three interns into a room, toss in a few 8 balls & a dozen highlighters, & let them work overnight. We'll have all the answers by morning.

RedDevilQuebecois

Lock three interns into a room, toss in a few 8 balls & a dozen highlighters, & let them work overnight. We'll have all the answers by morning.
I agree with that. I'd love to see quite a scene with his arrest and then him spending Christmas behind bars.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I agree with that. I'd love to see quite a scene with his arrest and then him spending Christmas behind bars.
Currently, Home Alone 2 is the best Christmas movie he’s been in, but a video of him being perp walked would immediately jump to the top.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Congress finally got his tax returns, i see.
Does it even matter? They have no time to work through them anyway before GOP house shuts it all down.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Does it even matter? They have no time to work through them anyway before GOP house shuts it all down.
They can transfer the investigation to the Senate or punt it to the NY AG.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm assuming the senate are going to keep doing whatever it is they're doing. Is it going to matter? Probably not. Hell, might even be in the interest of Democrats to suppress it, since it's going to make it even easier for the GOP to ditch Trump. It's already clear they're trying to get as much distance between him and them as possible.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm assuming the senate are going to keep doing whatever it is they're doing. Is it going to matter? Probably not. Hell, might even be in the interest of Democrats to suppress it, since it's going to make it even easier for the GOP to ditch Trump. It's already clear they're trying to get as much distance between him and them as possible.
They may want a breakup, but Trump wont let it happen.

Hamnat

Appeals court overturns special master review of records found at Trump's Mar-a-Lago
A federal appeals panel overturned the order creating a third-party special master to review 11,000 documents seized at Mar-a-Lago, clearing investigators to use the records in the criminal investigation of former President Donald Trump.

"The law is clear," the three-judge panel of the 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled. "We cannot write a rule that allows any subject of a search warrant to block government investigations after the execution of the warrant. Nor can we write a rule that allows only former presidents to do so."

The judges had told Trump’s lawyers during oral arguments that the traditional way to challenge what becomes part of an investigation through a government seizure is to challenge the evidence after charges have been filed, which they have not. Judges said challenging the seizure at this point would only be allowed in response to the callous disregard for constitutional rights, which Trump never alleged.
Was always going to happen that judge was clearly out of her depth appointing a special master anyway.