g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Mike Smalling

You guys think he will ever pay a single penny of all this?
Outside of an appeal, how would he get out of it? Surely he has the assets needed to make the payment. It’s more a question of how he can funnel donations from his mindless followers into his own pocket.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Outside of an appeal, how would he get out of it? Surely he has the assets needed to make the payment. It’s more a question of how he can funnel donations from his mindless followers into his own pocket.
The same way he always does. Talk shit and abuse the broken legal system in the US.

Mike Smalling

The same way he always does. Talk shit and abuse the broken legal system in the US.
Maybe it’s possible who knows. I’d think that once the sentence is final, E. Jean Carroll is getting that money. If not it’s going to be another story and potentially another court case. Doesn’t look like his current representation is able to do much :lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Maybe it’s possible who knows. I’d think that once the sentence is final, E. Jean Carroll is getting that money. If not it’s going to be another story and potentially another court case. Doesn’t look like his current representation is able to do much :lol:
It’s not about his representation I think. It’s his status that will prevent him from ever having to face any consequences for his actions. And he’s about to become president again. Imagine what the GOP can do within four years now that they don’t even pretend not to be fascists anymore.

Mike Smalling

It’s not about his representation I think. It’s his status that will prevent him from ever having to face any consequences for his actions. And he’s about to become president again. Imagine what the GOP can do within four years now that they don’t even pretend not to be fascists anymore.
The GOP won’t control all the courts, even if Trump wins. And this case will likely have been appealed by then. In the meantime he has to make a deposit or other guarantee while the appeal is pending.

I don’t think he gets out of this just because “power” and “corruption”.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The GOP won’t control all the courts, even if Trump wins. And this case will likely have been appealed by then. In the meantime he has to make a deposit or other guarantee while the appeal is pending.

I don’t think he gets out of this just because “power” and “corruption”.
While I very much hope you are right, I think this is precisely what he will do. This country has failed to punish him for his many crimes again and again. I have zero believe that anything about this will change.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
That's debatable, and even if he does, the SC has already ruled that President's can be sued etc in civil court whilst they are President, his appeals are likely to fail and the SC probaqbly won't even take it up

Daft as it may sound, this current case is chump change in comparison to his other civil case, a case in which the penalties are in the sole hands of a judge he's slagged off multiple times, hecould lose 100's of millions and have his business shutdown

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I hope she realises that Donald will be classifying this post as payment for her services.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Isn't this once again breaking the gag order?

He just can't help himself. The more he continues the more it's going to end up costing him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports

Isn't this once again breaking the gag order?

He just can't help himself. The more he continues the more it's going to end up costing him.
The case is over, all that's left is the penalty he's going to pay

langster

Scout
The case is over, all that's left is the penalty he's going to pay
I thought the same, but he himself is the one saying there is still a gag order. I presumed that even though the case is over, he's still not allowed to keep attacking the judge and that by doing so he's just more likely to just add more dollars to the final penalty.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I thought the same, but he himself is the one saying there is still a gag order. I presumed that even though the case is over, he's still not allowed to keep attacking the judge and that by doing so he's just more likely to just add more dollars to the final penalty.
He's moaning about no jury when it was his own lawyers that forgot to ask for one, and given t,he last jury gave a verdict way in excess of what anyone asked for it might actually be better for him, this trial wasn't about guilt, only about what the penalty would be

langster

Scout
He's moaning about no jury when it was his own lawyers that forgot to ask for one, and given t,he last jury gave a verdict way in excess of what anyone asked for it might actually be better for him, this trial wasn't about guilt, only about what the penalty would be
Yeah, and I understand all that, but that's not what I asked or posted about. It was entirely about the gag order and the consequences of repeatedly breaking it.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It doesn't really matter what the final cost is, he won't pay it.

matherto

On this case he will pay, quite possibly with his business which will hurt more than anything else
He'll appeal and appeal and appeal until he's dead, he won't pay a dime.

Just like all the others.

I hope I'm wrong but it's pathetic that his assets haven't been seized given the overwhelming evidence that he stiffs everyone.

MarylandMUFan

I hope I'm wrong but it's pathetic that his assets haven't been seized given the overwhelming evidence that he stiffs everyone.
He already lost the 5 million in the first EJC case. That money was sent to the courts and they are waiting on the appeals to determine if it goes to EJC or back to Trump. I assume something like that will happen with the latest ruling.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
He already lost the 5 million in the first EJC case. That money was sent to the courts and they are waiting on the appeals to determine if it goes to EJC or back to Trump. I assume something like that will happen with the latest ruling.
Yes that is the case and he will because if he doesn't then she can legally go and take his stuff to the value of the verdict

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.

You are wrong.If he wants to appeal he's going to have to lodge 83.3 mill in court .
He has no grounds for appeal thanks to his useless lawyer Pouty Mc Poutface.
His days are drawing to a close.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He can't appeal the NY case either right? I thought both of these were 'done' so to speak.

I really hope Caroll does someting hugely public with the money, like it's major news on every source of her receiving it, and then spending it on something positive. Like a new charity 'no grabbing' which gives $50m to support abused women, or a fund to help women needing to travel out of state for abortions called "the Trump escape plan" or something.

RedDevilQuebecois

SACKED IN THE MORNING!
SHE'S GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING!
SACKED IN THE MORNING!
SHE'S GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING!
:lol:

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Habba, she gone...

While poor grammatical skills is well down the list of Trump’s flaws, his use of capitals and (for some reason), putting bully in inverted commas is odd.

In an alternative life (without the money, lies and sycophants), it feels like he‘d struggle to get a job. Or tie his laces.

With a lot of celebs, you can tell their tweets are written for them. With Trump, I’m sure he does his own.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
First rule of Drumpf fight club - never get more media attention than the Mango Mussolini himself.

matherto

While poor grammatical skills is well down the list of Trump’s flaws, his use of capitals and (for some reason), putting bully in inverted commas is odd.

In an alternative life (without the money, lies and sycophants), it feels like he‘d struggle to get a job. Or tie his laces.

With a lot of celebs, you can tell their tweets are written for them. With Trump, I’m sure he does his own.
In an alternative life without those things he's probably a half decent bloke.

All three of those things combine to make him an appalling human being.