Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

The Purley King

In an alternative life without those things he's probably a half decent bloke.

All three of those things combine to make him an appalling human being.
I agree with this.
A lifetime of getting whatever you want, zero consequences to bad behaviour, lots of money = trump and people like him.
There is probably and element of “cnut” nature in there as well, has to be

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
In an alternative life without those things he's probably a half decent bloke.

All three of those things combine to make him an appalling human being.

Nah, bollocks. He's.a vile piece of shit, and you can go back as far as you like and almost anyone who has known him or dealth with him says so. Worse is he's raised his kids to be the same. (Except Baron, don't know enough about him to comment)

I think in an alternative life he would still be an insufferable cnut.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Nah, bollocks. He's.a vile piece of shit, and you can go back as far as you like and almost anyone who has known him or dealth with him says so. Worse is he's raised his kids to be the same. (Except Baron, don't know enough about him to comment)

I agree, money only enhance the cnut that you alreasy have in you

Raoul

Admin
Staff
To be fair I saw another of Trump's former lawyers on TV saying it's good practice to use different attorneys for an appeal, so not necessarily due to the loss but more a fresh set of eyes and no vested interest in the previous proceedings.
I just think Trump doesn't like lawyers who lose, and given her lack of experience and credentials, he is likely to swap out the "girlfriend experience" tv lawyer for someone who can actually help him win.

RedDevilQuebecois

I just think Trump doesn't like lawyers who lose, and given her lack of experience and credentials, he is likely to swap out the "girlfriend experience" tv lawyer for someone who can actually help him win.
Riley Keough and Louisa Krause were far better.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I think it's more a case of not paying them especially when they lose!

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!

How the feck have you come to that conclusion :lol:
He was born into it though.

If he has a completely different life there's half a chance (i.e. you know, 50/50) that he turns out to be a completely different human being.

I don't believe in born evil/nasty/whatever, I believe it's nurtured and he's been nurtured to be an insufferable cnut from day one in a privileged cnut life by a pair of cnuts. He never stood a chance of being anything else.

The whole point is it's an alternative life. I'm not defending him as he is right now though, he's the worst.

langster

Scout
He can't stand anyone who he perceives as a loser hence why the election defeats upset him so much. Look at his post about Habba, SHE LOST! Not him. She lost and since he's posted about how it's a slam dunk and unloseable case

.John McCain, LOSER! because in Trumps own words 'I prefer people who weren't captured'

The list is endless

langster

Scout
He was born into it though.

If he has a completely different life there's half a chance (i.e. you know, 50/50) that he turns out to be a completely different human being.

I don't believe in born evil/nasty/whatever, I believe it's nurtured and he's been nurtured to be an insufferable cnut from day one in a privileged cnut life by a pair of cnuts. He never stood a chance of being anything else.

The whole point is it's an alternative life. I'm not defending him as he is right now though, he's the worst.
Yeah, and in an alternate life Netenyahu is a flower arranger. Discussing hypotheticals is pointless, it's also not really helping this thread.

Hamnat

Trump spent more than $50M of his PAC and super PAC money on legal bills in 2023

Amid mounting court battles, former President Donald Trump's legal fees cost his political fundraising committees more than $50 million in 2023, leaving his leadership PAC that once boasted a $100 million war chest with just $5.1 million in the bank entering 2024.

And those 2023 legal bills came before Trump last week was ordered to pay writer E. Jean Carroll $83.3 million in damages for defaming her in 2019. Trump is appealing both the jury verdict of defamation and the subsequent penalties imposed by a second jury.

In a separate case, a New York Judge is also weighing whether to fine Trump as much as $370 million plus interest in the former president's civil fraud trial.
Love it. As long as those donors are pouring money into defending their Orange fraud that is potential cash he and other GOP candidates are not getting on their races. Drain them dry propping the supposed 'billionaire' up.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Using those funds for his personal legal expenses is insane. US campaign finance laws are in desperate need of massive overhaul.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Using those funds for his personal legal expenses is insane. US campaign finance laws are in desperate need of massive overhaul.
Technically he doesn't use them, the PAC's do, candidates "supposedly" have no say, it's BS of course!

RedDevilQuebecois

And I thought that spending campaign funds in such manner is already illegal. Orange fat feck is still due to be in court because he allegedly used campaign funds as hush money for Stormy Daniels.

Hamnat

I could understand if the prosecuter of the case has or had a relationship with say opposing counsel, or the Judge or his staff maybe. But, I don't see how it effects the case at all for 2 grown people on a prosecution team to have relationship if there is nothing illegal about it. I get that the trump defendants like it in their desperation to have any form of defense.

And obviously right wing media is going to love it as they were threatening her anyway. I expect GOP in Congress to get some subpoenas for information on their dating habits to funnel directly to trump as well. But other than maybe some personal embarrassment I am not seeing the big deal.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I could understand if the prosecuter of the case has or had a relationship with say opposing counsel, or the Judge or his staff maybe. But, I don't see how it effects the case at all for 2 grown people on a prosecution team to have relationship if there is nothing illegal about it. I get that the trump defendants like it in their desperation to have any form of defense.

And obviously right wing media is going to love it as they were threatening her anyway. I expect GOP in Congress to get some subpoenas for information on their dating habits to funnel directly to trump as well. But other than maybe some personal embarrassment I am not seeing the big deal.
From the folks at strict scrutiny there's no real legal argument that their relationship should in any way impact the case. There is no conflict of interest with regards to the case itself. Plus, even if she steps aside, a new prosecutor woudl be appointed.

But, it obviously gives wriggle room in a political sense, which is all Trump does at this stage. He oddly seems to believe that if he wins support of his cult, what judges and juries say don't matter. I guess it's because to date he's largely gotten away with everything, but at some point gravity should catchup to him. Firstly in the NY AG case, and again legally apparently he has almost no grounds for appeal on the Carroll case either (he'll make something up, but judges will throw it out).

Kaush949

It can be seen as a clear conflict of interest.

Wade was paid a handsome amount from public funds on this prosecution. Fani Willis can be seen as benefiting from this on the personal side. Wade paid for her trips.

Fani was the one who appointed Wade in the first place.

You employ someone, determine their pay with public tax dollars and then get personal benefits from that employee. How does that sound? That's what the public will hear.

Just doesn't look good to the public eye.

I am rooting for Willis. But, Trump will use this to move the case to a different county with a favorable Judge who might just dismiss it altogether.

No one is better at leading this case than Fani Willis. She knows the case inside out and her gameplan/strategy will determine the outcome. It won't be easy for another prosecutor to get up to speed on the case and present a compelling argument to Jury.

Not to mention, the time delays.

I think she might have made a fatal rookie error here. She spent 4 years building the case and can lose it all.

Disappointed.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It can be seen as a clear conflict of interest.

Wade was paid a handsome amount from public funds on this prosecution. Fani Willis can be seen as benefiting from this on the personal side. Wade paid for her trips.

Fani was the one who appointed Wade in the first place.

You employ someone, determine their pay with public tax dollars and then get personal benefits from that employee. How does that sound? That's what the public will hear.

Just doesn't look good to the public eye.

I was really rooting for Willis. Trump will use this to move the case to a different county with a favorable Judge who might just dismiss it altogether.

I think she made a fatal rookie error here.
Don't think she will be removed from the case as her potential relationship with the guy doesn't endanger the case nor is it germane to it.

The court of public opinion is a whole different kettle of fish however.

She's hardly a rookie, but this unforced error is quite sophomoric.

Hamnat

I mean yes this is getting the traction that the Trump followers want. Salacious headlines on the prosecutor rather than the actual crimes these people are heading to trial for. She should have known that there would be no stone unturned and any messy relationship drama could have been this exact distraction these criminals needed.

There are father son lawfirms, husband wife law firms. There is nothing untoward about those trying cases. But, yes in the desperate spin zone of the right wing media and the GOP looking for excuses for criminality they can harp on and on about this and fill the airwaves rather than deal with the actual crime elements

langster

Scout
The irony of this relationship being used by Trump of all people, someone who has had affairs while married to each of his wives at the same time as getting his mistresses pregnant too. And being used to help turn over a rape/sexual assault case and judgement.

You honestly couldnt make this shit up.

RedDevilQuebecois

The irony of this relationship being used by Trump of all people, someone who has had affairs while married to each of his wives at the same time as getting his mistresses pregnant too. And being used to help turn over a rape/sexual assault case and judgement.

You honestly couldnt make this shit up.
Why has he not been pummeled if illegitimate children of his are out there to be traced? Remember that such story basically destroyed both Arnold's marriage and his political career, even though he is far more likable than Trump.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Why has he not been pummeled if illegitimate children of his are out there to be traced? Remember that such story basically destroyed both Arnold's marriage and his political career, even though he is far more likable than Trump.
Because people perceived with moral standards are measured by these moral standards. Scumbags are not subjected to them and even expected to behave that way

RedDevilQuebecois

He’s not wrong, just think of all the former presidents currently sitting in jail.
If he was the President in South Korea and got caught in only a tiny fraction of the things he has done, he would be wearing the green outfit from Squid Game (it's their equivalent to the American orange jumpsuit) by now.

Carolina Red

Staff
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/02/06/trump-jan-6-immunity-appeal-denied/

A federal appeals court has unanimously ruled that Donald Trump can be put on trial for trying to stay in power after losing the 2020 election, rejecting Trump’s sweeping claim of presidential immunity and moving the case one step closer to a jury.

“We cannot accept former President Trump’s claim that a President has unbounded authority to commit crimes that would neutralize the most fundamental check on executive power — the recognition and implementation of election results,” the panel of three judges wrote. “Nor can we sanction his apparent contention that the Executive has carte blanche to violate the rights of individual citizens to vote and to have their votes count.”

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2024/02/06/trump-jan-6-immunity-appeal-denied/

A federal appeals court has unanimously ruled that Donald Trump can be put on trial for trying to stay in power after losing the 2020 election, rejecting Trump’s sweeping claim of presidential immunity and moving the case one step closer to a jury.

“We cannot accept former President Trump’s claim that a President has unbounded authority to commit crimes that would neutralize the most fundamental check on executive power — the recognition and implementation of election results,” the panel of three judges wrote. “Nor can we sanction his apparent contention that the Executive has carte blanche to violate the rights of individual citizens to vote and to have their votes count.”
Perfect. Unbridled executive power since Reagan and especially under W and Cheney needs to be curbed.

Carolina Red

Staff
Here's another big quote from the ruling...

Trump gets described as an “officer” in criminal prosecution ruling
From CNN's Jeremy Herb, Hannah Rabinowitz, Holmes Lybrand, Marshall Cohen, Katelyn Polantz and Devan Cole

One paragraph in Tuesday’s ruling has caught the attention of legal experts who are also watching the 14th Amendment “insurrectionist ban” case that is being argued at the Supreme Court on Thursday. The cases are entirely separate – this is a criminal prosecution against Donald Trump, and the upcoming Supreme Court case is a civil attempt to remove Trump from state ballots. Further, the appeals court’s findings and explanations in Tuesday’s ruling are not binding on the Supreme Court.

Nonetheless, the appeals ruling refers described the president as an “officer.” There is an open legal question – being argued Thursday before the Supreme Court – over whether the presidency is an “office… under the United States” and whether the presidency is an “officer,” as described in the insurrectionist ban. The appeals ruling said: “It would be a striking paradox if the President, who alone is vested with the constitutional duty to ‘take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed,’ were the sole officer capable of defying those laws with impunity.”

Hamnat

Gaetz, Stefanik offer resolution declaring Trump ‘did not engage in insurrection’

Reps. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) and Elise Stefanik (R-N.Y.) unveiled a resolution on Tuesday that declares former President Donald Trump “did not engage in insurrection or rebellion against the United States.”

The resolution — which spans one page and has more than 60 GOP co-sponsors — comes as groups across the country try to disqualify Trump from appearing on their 2024 presidential election ballots on claims that he engaged in an insurrection during the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol.
I expect them to offer a resolution that Trump is legally the hottest man alive and his butt tastes like ice cream next.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The GOP continuing to spend their time and resources on the key issues facing the country right now.