Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Right.....

So a so called multi-billionaire (according to himself) can't afford to pay fines, and is now openly fecking admitting he can't whilst at the same time owning up that he thinks it's ok to use campaign funds for the fines.

He's then accusing the Prosecuting DA of wanting to take his campaign funds and not his own money... Of course, of which he doesn't have much, and even if he does, it's clear he won't pay and instead will dip in to the campaign funds instead.....

And yet people still believe he's a genius, a billionaire, innocent, and not dodgy at all..

He's the Presidential equivalent of a televangelist.

Please. PLEASE! Make it stop.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Legal analyst in CNN said it was a long shot, even before the delay.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

How have I never seen this before?

FML, this may be the greatest pic of all time. So much to unpack. Don Jr borrowed daddies tanning lotion. Eric is adopted. Those kids haircuts :lol: :lol:

The creepy and very wrong stance and look in Trump's eyes as he hovers over his kids like the child catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The fact Jimmy Saville would fit perfectly in this picture and still not look as menacing as Trump. Ivanka looking absolutely feck all like she does now proving ugly duck syndrome or if you're rich, plastic surgery works...... And even as a kid Don Jr looks absolutely coked off his tits :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Only $3 million more than the bond he has to pay tomorrow. :lol: Gutted.
It will fall much further once the market fully prices in Trump's involvement and debts. He also wouldn't be able to use any of the money for 6 months and will still be on the hook for what is due Monday.

langster

Scout
It will fall much further once the market fully prices in Trump's involvement and debts. He also wouldn't be able to use any of the money for 6 months and will still be on the hook for what is due Monday.
Tomorrow :lol:

I'm not expecting anything, the cnut will find a way to get the cash or wriggle out of it one way or another.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
He will pay in the last minute, he is doing it on purpose the cnut

frostbite

Garland was too slow.

"The department bears some of that responsibility." = Tactful way to say they fecked up.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/22/us/politics/trump-jan-6-merrick-garland.html

Inside Garland’s Effort to Prosecute Trump

In trying to avoid even the smallest mistakes, Attorney General Merrick B. Garland might have made one big one: ending up in a race against the clock.

[...]

In trying to avoid even the smallest mistakes, Mr. Garland might have made one big one: not recognizing that he could end up racing the clock. Like much of the political world and official Washington, he and his team did not count on Mr. Trump’s political resurrection after Jan. 6, and his fast victory in the 2024 Republican presidential primary, which has complicated the prosecution and given the former president leverage in court.

In 2021 it was “simply inconceivable,” said one former Justice Department official, that Mr. Trump, rebuked by many in his own party and exiled at his Florida estate Mar-a-Lago, would regain the power to impose his timetable on the investigation.

“I think that delay has contributed to a situation where none of these trials may go forward,” Representative Adam B. Schiff, Democrat of California, said in a recent interview on CNN, citing the Justice Department’s approach as a factor. “The department bears some of that responsibility.”

[...]

Hamnat

He probably can make all the Federal cases die. If not pardon them all away. But the Georgia case he can't just make disappear but him in office might severely complicate it. There has never been anything like making a sitting president come participate in a trial....

jrsenior

The little I know of the American judicial system come from watching LA Law. But it seems like if you have power, and/ or access to funds and lawyers there is so many options to stall and appeal even without presidential powers. With presidential powers I would assume it would be nearly impossible to have someone convicted.

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Looking forward to the last second stay on the NY AG case to avoid the messy repercussions of trying to go after Trump's assets. Because optics > the law, I fear.

Sounds like the judge in the hush-money payments case is pushing forward though, should be in April.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, he will never face justice, the US legal system is rigged in favor of the powerful.

Beachryan

My new silver-lining of all this is that the idiot GOP base needs to get what it wants for 4 more years to lance the boil that is the MAGA movement. The rest of the world will just have to cross our fingers and hope there's something at the end of it.

I've been trying to go back in history and see all the other crazy time periods, and there really have been some. Hopefully this one will pass and we can get back to moving forwards as a country. It won't hurt that a good chunk of his voters won't be voting in the next one.

langster

Scout
Tomorrow :lol:

I'm not expecting anything, the cnut will find a way to get the cash or wriggle out of it one way or another.
:lol:

fecking knew it. Absolute sham of a country. It's truly laughable the US still likes to make out it's the height of Western Civilization. It's definitely the home of FREEDOM though, but only if you're rich.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Judges with lifetime appointments, and thus, completely unaccountable to the public wasn't such a good idea, who could have guessed?

Beachryan

Presumably the ruling also points towards an appeal being at least considered by that court - is it the same one that will hear it?

My reading of various legal scholars on the original verdict was basically that his lawyer did such a terrible job it's almost unappealable according to the law. But with the recent SC decisions and now this, who knows what the law even is.

Hamnat

Well he always had the right to legally appeal. Just have to put up the money for it. Most of the legal pundits were saying there was so much paper evidence of fraud. And Trumps team never actually disputed anything, their arguments were just no one was hurt pretty much and everyone does it.

So now he's allowed to post a smaller amount to then proceed with the appeal. That doesn't change the facts or evidence of fraud they will have to come up with actual reasons other than "everyone does it", or some kind of actual defense of the clear fraud.

I mean appeal still could maybe say he's still super guilty but the damages amount should maybe be lowered for "reasons". He really can't claim judicial bias. The Judge was pretty lenient even though he was disparaging him during the trial even. Judge let him testify even though he told him not to make speeches etc. He was given a lot of leeway. I am surprised he didn't make an ineffective council appeal. Saying his lawyers screwed him out of a jury trial but not doing the correct paperwork. But that would admit it was his fault and not a witchhunt.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The chance of Trump getting convicted of anything, let alone before the election, is exactly 0%.

I expect the other cases to be delayed and delayed, heck, courts might just decide to drop some of them, because "reasons".

Relying on a conviction to beat him on November was never a viable strategy, even though many dems though so.

It will be have to done the hard way, at the ballot box.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The chance of Trump getting convicted of anything, let alone before the election, is exactly 0%.

I expect the other cases to be delayed and delayed, heck, courts might just decide to drop some of them, because "reasons".

Relying on a conviction to beat him on November was never a viable strategy, even though many dems though so.

It will be have to done the hard way, at the ballot box.

Hamnat

For roughly an hour, the judge, Juan M. Merchan, slammed arguments from Mr. Trump’s lawyers that his case should be pushed back any longer because of newly disclosed documents from a related federal investigation. After a 45-minute break, he returned to the courtroom, said that no harm had been done to the former president by the delayed disclosure and set the new trial date.

“Defendant has been given a reasonable amount of time,” the judge said, crisply, referring to Mr. Trump.
On Monday, the judge sided with Mr. Bragg’s prosecutors. He suggested that Mr. Trump’s lawyers were dragging their feet and scolded them for what he said were unsubstantiated allegations made against the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

“You are literally accusing the Manhattan D.A.’s office and the people assigned to this case of prosecutorial misconduct and trying to make me complicit in it,” the judge exclaimed.

Wing Attack Plan R

fecking knew it. Absolute sham of a country. It's truly laughable the US still likes to make out it's the height of Western Civilization. It's definitely the home of FREEDOM though, but only if you're rich.
This is absolutely not something we do. We do like to talk about how we are not. Holden to kings and queens, though, and we used to be all for the rule of law instead of religious tomfoolery, but that has all changed.

langster

Scout
This is absolutely not something we do. We do like to talk about how we are not. Holden to kings and queens, though, and we used to be all for the rule of law instead of religious tomfoolery, but that has all changed.
Didn't mean any disrespect,.and no, you're right, it was a generalisation and for that I apologise. However the fact is, many still do. Those that usually do though are often the right wing nut jobs and MAGA loons. Maybe time to send them all to Alaska, or Texas and cut it free from everywhere else?

Maybe not Alaska, it's waaaaay too beautiful.

Wing Attack Plan R

Didn't mean any disrespect,.and no, you're right, it was a generalisation and for that I apologise. However the fact is, many still do. Those that usually do though are often the right wing nut jobs and MAGA loons. Maybe time to send them all to Alaska, or Texas and cut it free from everywhere else?

Maybe not Alaska, it's waaaaay too beautiful.
No, no, I think it was fair, in retrospect. Most harsh criticisms of the US these days are valid, unfortunately. :(

We're really not an awful people, I promise, despite what the MAGA people are doing to convince the world otherwise. :(