Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Someone who’s better with US politics than me (could be anyone really)….

What’s Trumps position on China? We know he’s a lot cosier to/compromised by Russia….but will he will the American military and naval might away from Taiwan?
LIke with most countries, he thinks he can build a good personal relationship with Xi and use that as a means to draw concessions from China (which obviously doesn't work since China will want equal concessions of their own). Therefore we can expect more tariffs and trade wars during a 2nd Trump term. He's also playing the fence on Taiwan, which will probably end up emboldening Beijing to do a Putin style invasion of Taiwan.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
True. He should have been charged right away, not during a bitter election campaign.
I believe the general consent has been that Trump was politically finished latest after January 6th.
Therefore, law enforcement wasn't in a rush to prosecute him. The sentiment amongst his MAGA followers was still aggressive and people were probably afraid it might boil over, if Trump is trialed immediately.
Terrible misjudgement from today's perspective.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The list of properties that could potentially be seized
  • Trump Park Avenue, New York, N.Y.
  • Trump Tower, New York, N.Y.
  • 40 Wall Street, New York, N.Y.
  • Seven Springs, Westchester County, N.Y.
  • Trump International Hotel and Tower, Las Vegas, Nevada
  • Mar-a-Lago, Palm Beach, Florida
  • Trump National Golf Club Westchester, Briarcliff Manor, N.Y.
  • Trump National Golf Club Charlotte, Mooresville, North Carolina
  • Trump National Golf Club Colts Neck, Colts Neck, New Jersey
  • Trump National Golf Club, Washington, D.C., Sterling, Virginia
  • Trump National Golf Club Hudson Valley, Hopewell Junction, N.Y.
  • Trump National Golf Club Jupiter, Jupiter, Florida
  • Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, Rancho Palos Verdes, California
  • Trump National Golf Club Philadelphia, Pine Hill, New Jersey
  • Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Aberdeen)
  • Trump International Golf Links Scotland (Turnberry)

Suedesi

Why ? He has no special right to break the law and not be prosecuted for it, irrespective of his Presidential campaign and his obvious attempts to use it to delay and run out the clock.
Because optically it looks like election interference especially when Merrick Garland declined to prosecute him with the J6 insurrectionists, delayed assigning a Special Prosecutor and delayed holding him accountable in the first place. You may argue otherwise, but close to half the population is under the illusion that DJT is donning the crown of martyrdom, ensnared by the machinations of the deep state.

Suedesi

Someone who’s better with US politics than me (could be anyone really)….

What’s Trumps position on China? We know he’s a lot cosier to/compromised by Russia….but will he will the American military and naval might away from Taiwan?
His rhetoric on China is pretty sharp. That being said, I don't think China will dare try anything in Taiwan for the foreseeable future, regardless of who sits in the WH.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Because optically it looks like election interference especially when Merrick Garland declined to prosecute him with the J6 insurrectionists, delayed assigning a Special Prosecutor and delayed holding him accountable in the first place. You may argue otherwise, but close to half the population is under the illusion that DJT is donning the crown of martyrdom, ensnared by the machinations of the deep state.
69% of American's believe in angels and that guns make them safer. So ......

Most of us view the US as a political basket case, but all we really want is for the most dangerous loon of all to a) get what he deserves (prison) ASAP and b) failing that to stop him making a clusterfeck of the world.

Mike Smalling

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm finding it increasingly unlikely that Trump will win in November.

The financial problems, the court cases, his crazy ramblings, a less than convincing primary, etc. It all seems a bit much for a candidate to overcome. Meanwhile the economy is doing well on the traditional metrics, which will help Biden. Of course, Biden struggles with the age thing and Gaza, and the electoral system favors Trump, but Biden now has half a year where he can easily outspend him and shift the narrative.

Jev

Maybe I'm naive, but I'm finding it increasingly unlikely that Trump will win in November.

The financial problems, the court cases, his crazy ramblings, a less than convincing primary, etc. It all seems a bit much for a candidate to overcome. Meanwhile the economy is doing well on the traditional metrics, which will help Biden. Of course, Biden struggles with the age thing and Gaza, and the electoral system favors Trump, but Biden now has half a year where he can easily outspend him and shift the narrative.
I agree, I’m feeling strangely optimistic in spite of the polls. Might just be wishful thinking but logic tells me time is working in Biden’s favour (apart from that age thing): Better funded campaign i.e. more ads and exposure, more time for the criminal proceedings to unfold, more time for the regular American to feel the effects of an improving economy. Coupled with the fact that Trump has underperformed his polls in the primaries, and that, in times of arguably unprecedented uncertainty, it’s one thing to say you’re going to vote or considering voting for complete chaos and madness, it’s another thing to do it come November.

Kyonn

Suedesi

69% of American's believe in angels and that guns make them safer. So ......

Most of us view the US as a political basket case, but all we really want is for the most dangerous loon of all to a) get what he deserves (prison) ASAP and b) failing that to stop him making a clusterfeck of the world.
That's fair enough - but imho these cases are only increasing his chances of gaining the presidency, which is a shame.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
How much does a lawyer charge an hour in the states? Let's say 560usd for simplicity, that's 10.000 hours, in a month? Crazy.
He has a LOT of lawyers because he does a lot of bad shit!

Hamnat

And cases like the documents case you will need the lawyers and interns etc pouring through all those documents. Hours of "research" and they probably need to do security clearances too for that so not just random intern.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

That comment is 1 year old

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
This could be an awesome early 2000's action movie plot. Get Nic Cage and blonde Angelina Jolie in on it!
Trump has his sons on various boats sending sonar and divers to look for sunken ships with gold and jewels. Meanwhile, he has Roger searching underground in various cities seeking buried treasures, possibly contemplating stealing artwork, artifacts, and so forth.

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
How much does a lawyer charge an hour in the states? Let's say 560usd for simplicity, that's 10.000 hours, in a month? Crazy.
Lawyer here, I think the high profile american colleagues in such cases make a lot more than 560 $/hour. I‘d expect it to be around twice as much, as high profile german law firms charge around 1k €/hour for a partner‘s hour.

also, they will not bill completely correctly, they always add random hours

RedDevilQuebecois

It's just a delay tactic. She knows she'll be over ruled by a higher court but that will add weeks if not months to the trial.
I think Jack Smith should outright go the Eleventh Circuit and file the motion to kick her out right now. Time is of the essence right here and Trump should be sitting in jail pending trial like anyone else who has been indicted under the Espionage Act.

edit: Good one here.

Last edited:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Maybe 30%.

Kyonn

I think Jack Smith should outright go the Eleventh Circuit and file the motion to kick her out right now. Time is of the essence right here and Trump should be sitting in jail pending trial like anyone else who has been indicted under the Espionage Act.

edit: Good one here.
The benefit of sticking with Cannon is that a conviction under her would probably be appeal proof.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He won't be able to sell any shares for a year or so.
Major shareholders aren't allowed to sell shares immediately after going public.
Further, even if he tried to use the value today to get someone to loan him the funds he needs now in exchange, almost any sensible person will recognise that a year from now those shares will be worth nothing. It's such a clear sham.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
If it is true, seems that he will be able to pay. And you can't deny that he is smart, even knowing that is BS, to link that payment to a witch hunt that the judge asked for that quantity to deplete him of funds to be POTUS. It is simple but the MAGAbonkers will lap it up

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If it is true, seems that he will be able to pay. And you can't deny that he is smart, even knowing that is BS, to link that payment to a witch hunt that the judge asked for that quantity to deplete him of funds to be POTUS. It is simple but the MAGAbonkers will lap it up
His lawyers are smart.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Even funniner is that Truth Social is set to IPO soon and people will actually buy stock in it, which will momentarily inflate Trump's net worth well into the billions until the stock inevitably crashes to penny stock levels.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Can't wait for this guy to be a mere mention in the "celebrity deaths" thread.

Secret Service or FBI if you're reading this: no that doesn't mean I am planning something. But by God is this man a stain on civilization.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Can't wait for this guy to be a mere mention in the "celebrity deaths" thread.

Secret Service or FBI if you're reading this: no that doesn't mean I am planning something. But by God is this man a stain on civilization.
I find it funny that the last sentence is like a joke...but not

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
He is smart? Seems to me that if were smart he wouldn't owe over half a billion dollars and be facing 88 criminal charges.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout

Right.....

So a so called multi-billionaire (according to himself) can't afford to pay fines, and is now openly fecking admitting he can't whilst at the same time owning up that he thinks it's ok to use campaign funds for the fines.

He's then accusing the Prosecuting DA of wanting to take his campaign funds and not his own money... Of course, of which he doesn't have much, and even if he does, it's clear he won't pay and instead will dip in to the campaign funds instead.....

And yet people still believe he's a genius, a billionaire, innocent, and not dodgy at all..

He's the Presidential equivalent of a televangelist.

Please. PLEASE! Make it stop.