Donald Trump The First - Indicted The Fourth

RedDevilQuebecois

Does it matter? The "judges" decide what the law is on any given day, and they have decided that Trump is untouchable.
Yes.

Why? Because people of law like AG James and Judge Engoron would love nothing less than having the required justification and authority to feck Trump in the same way anyone stuffs a turkey for Christmas or Thanksgiving.

surf

A tax day song for Trump, courtesy of T-Bone Walker:

They call it Stormy Monday but Tuesday's just as bad
Wednesday's worse and Thursday's oh so sad

Hamnat

Trump rages at judge hours before hush money case begins
Former President Trump railed against the judge in his criminal hush money case early Monday, just hours before the first criminal trial against a former president is set to begin.

Recalling complaints he has made for months, Trump argued that Judge Juan Merchan is corrupt, that the charges against him are political in nature and baseless, and dubbed the entire effort a “witch hunt.”
“The Radical Left Democrats are already cheating on the 2024 Presidential Election by bringing, or helping to bring, all of these bogus lawsuits against me, thereby forcing me to sit in courthouses, and spend money that could be used for campaigning, instead of being out in the field knocking Crooked Joe Biden, the WORST President in the History of the United States,” he said in one early morning Truth Social post. “Election Interference!”
Same ole tune. Even with a gag order not going to stop.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
We shall see how his schtick plays amongst indepedents. It's easy to say it's a political attack, but a touch harder when the facts of the case are repeated ad nauseum, and they are anything but political.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Has anyone ever tried to compare whether the hand playing an accordion thing is related to when he starts lying?

Also… you can tell he’s utterly fcuked off with being somewhere he HAS to be. I doubt he thinks he’ll lose any of these trials, and he probably won’t. But he looks incredulous that anyone can tell him to be anywhere and him not be able to say no. Shit, he didn’t even have to do that as President. Just fcuked off to the golf course.

Hamnat

Even as a judge was hearing arguments on last-minute issues in a criminal case that centers on salacious allegations and threatens to upend his bid for the presidency, Mr. Trump appeared to nod off a few times, his mouth going slack and his head drooping onto his chest.

The former president’s lead lawyer, Todd Blanche, passed him notes for several minutes before Mr. Trump appeared to jolt awake and notice them.
If Biden was nodding off at a trial it would be non stop pearl clutching about the senile old man that can't stay awake. For Trump just a Monday for the ex President on TRIAL. All the Witch Hunts make him sleepy

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
The trump Media share price tanked by another 14% from today's open :)

$22 a a share now vs $66 when then went public less than a month ago.

And why is anyone buying this dogshit meme share even at $22?

Shez

The trump Media share price tanked by another 14% from today's open :)

$22 a a share now vs $66 when then went public less than a month ago.

And why is anyone buying this dogshit meme share even at $22?
Won’t be surprised if trump has completed his scam successfully here. Launch the stock - idiots plus those artificially pumping money into trump who’d get tax write offs on the loss causing stock price to balloon up. Trump sells his stock causing the price to completely tank as he was majority shareholder - sitting pretty

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Won’t be surprised if trump has completed his scam successfully here. Launch the stock - idiots plus those artificially pumping money into trump who’d get tax write offs on the loss causing stock price to balloon up. Trump sells his stock causing the price to completely tank as he was majority shareholder - sitting pretty
Or it tanks to the point where his stake is worth a packet of crisps? That would be very funny.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I’m sure I remember reading that he was unable to sell for 6 months from IPO.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I’m sure I remember reading that he was unable to sell for 6 months from IPO.
I believe the board of the company would have to enable him to sell stock early. That board being his wife, kids, kids husbands etc.

Shocked he hasn't done it already. They all know it's going to end up at 0.

Precaution

Apparently he's about to launch a Truth Social TV channel, sponsored by DJT off course, imagine watching QVC at 4am in the morning but everything is MAGA related with the brief bit of "news" which more than likely Trump ranting in a spoofed version of a Presidential address.

Trump Media & Technology Group on Tuesday announced plans to start a streaming TV platform to air news, film and other content the company claims other media outlets refuse to show.

Dr. StrangeHate

Apparently he's about to launch a Truth Social TV channel, sponsored by DJT off course, imagine watching QVC at 4am in the morning but everything is MAGA related with the brief bit of "news" which more than likely Trump ranting in a spoofed version of a Presidential address.
I remember reading somewhere in 2016, that the whole reason he went into politics was to launch a TV channel. May be we are at the end game.
To be fair now he needs to be President to get all his cases dropped.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I believe the board of the company would have to enable him to sell stock early. That board being his wife, kids, kids husbands etc.

Shocked he hasn't done it already. They all know it's going to end up at 0.
Shares of the Truth Social parent company have retreated sharply since their market debut on 26 March, falling 60% from the opening price of $70.90. Trump is subject to a lockup agreement that prevents him from personally selling his shares until September, further tying his wealth to the company’s market value. If the price holds, he could reap billions of dollars from his shares.
https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2024/apr/15/trump-media-stock-price-fall

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I remember that article: he can’t use the cash for six months for his fines/court fees but he can sell.
You can’t stop him from selling
The stock is already headed towards sub one dollar meme stock territory. If it was revealed Trump, as majority shareholder, wanted to ditch his own shares, it would only accelerate that process. In either case, it won't help him financially since the stock is already devalued by 75-80% from when it briefly peaked at $80 a couple of weeks ago.

Wing Attack Plan R

The stock is already headed towards sub one dollar meme stock territory. If it was revealed Trump, as majority shareholder, wanted to ditch his own shares, it would only accelerate that process. In either case, it won't help him financially since the stock is already devalued by 75-80% from when it briefly peaked at $80 a couple of weeks ago.
The lawyers on Meidas Touch said this action by Trump is the clearest example of conduct warranting a class action lawsuit theyve ever seen.