Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

Baneofthegame

He is Chelsea’s best player and it’s not even close. Watch him join Madrid and be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of these rare players that make his teammates better, which many stat obsessed nerds here can’t see. He is just the player they need.
Alright Kai, at least you elevated your teammates so much they didn’t get relegated, well done.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He is Chelsea’s best player and it’s not even close. Watch him join Madrid and be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of these rare players that make his teammates better, which many stat obsessed nerds here can’t see. He is just the player they need.
:lol: a serious candidate for the most idiotic post of the year so far

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
It's still not clear what his best position is. How does he fit in to Madrids 433, unless in midfield?

saivet

It's still not clear what his best position is. How does he fit in to Madrids 433, unless in midfield?
Primarily as a false 9 I would imagine. I don't really see him as a midfielder and with Bellingham going there, I don't see how he fits into midfield unless they are going ultra attacking or chasing a game.

Chief123

:lol: :lol: If he’s there best player and it’s not even close, then Chelsea have some serious problems!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Free roaming second striker / most advanced CM in a midfield three, with a playmaker beside him. Glad to be of service.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Free roaming second striker / most advanced CM in a midfield three, with a playmaker beside him. Glad to be of service.
I agree, what's odd is that he's never played this position for Chelsea... Continually played as a 9 / false 9. We never play him in midfield in a 433 and we never play with a second striker.

Djemba-Djemba

Belletti was a great little player. Became a cult hero at Chelsea and scored a few bangers for us. Had his own chant too.

We won't loan him because his contract runs out in 2025. Makes zero sense for him to come back with 1 year left, putting us into a crap situation. It's either a sale or nothing this summer. 75m figure sounds dumb aswell. I'd take £40m right now if they offered.
You have a chant other than CHEWSEA CHEWSEA CHEWSEA over and over?

crossy1686

career ending
He’s a weird player. He was electric in Germany but since moving to Chelsea he’s only been able to show that kind of form inconsistently, maybe he’s another one who’s suffered from the lack of decent manager? Weird purchase at the time though, Chelsea needed a CF and the bought him, another one of those players who you’ve got no real idea where his best position is or what he actually does. Probably better suited to a system.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If we get 75 mil for Havertz and 80 from you lot for (12 months on his contract) Mount, someone in our transfer department must be a skilled hypnotist.
:lol: agreed. That or there's some financial crime in progress.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I agree, what's odd is that he's never played this position for Chelsea... Continually played as a 9 / false 9. We never play him in midfield in a 433 and we never play with a second striker.
Lampard did the year we signed him, but he didn’t really play well and we attributed that to him being a young guy just moved country who needed time plus he had Covid twice. Tuchel took over in the middle of that season and switched to a back 3 which moved Havertz (and Mount) to the front 3 and he’s basically been there ever since.

Blackwidow

Lampard did the year we signed him, but he didn’t really play well and we attributed that to him being a young guy just moved country who needed time plus he had Covid twice. Tuchel took over in the middle of that season and switched to a back 3 which moved Havertz (and Mount) to the front 3 and he’s basically been there ever since.
In my eyes he played better at Leverkusen as a 9 as he did as a 10.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
Everytime I watch him he looks like he is a quality player who's just having a quiet game, but this seems to be every single game. A strange player, looks like he is going to eventually be world class but then never delivers.

Even during our game the other week he looked good on and off the ball, but this only lasted for 10/15 mins.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Wouldn't rule put that he suddenly plays much better for Madrid. There's a great player in there but it doesn't seem to click at Chelsea, similarly to Sancho at United

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know how serious the interest is as at this stage of the year many names come up which are often leaks to sound out the fans or divert attention but personally I would be delighted with his signing.
I appreciate above all his technical level.
On the other hand, apart from the Champions League I have hardly seen him.
Those who don't like him say he lacks goals and that he is apathetic, bloodless.
For 60/70 million I think he can be a good signing.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Sounds good. It's time for a fair exchange

Hazard only has a year left, no, this is not a fair exchange, don't want to be stuck with Havertz, another striker allergic to scoring goals.

Supports
Chelsea
I appreciate above all his technical level.
On the other hand, apart from the Champions League I have hardly seen him.
Those who don't like him say he lacks goals and that he is apathetic, bloodless.
His technical level is probably the biggest myth about him as a player. He can look like prime Berbatov two or three times in a season, especially in big matches in the cups. But for the rest of the season he can't dribble, gets caught in possession continuously, can't pass, no awareness of anyone around him. He lacks any of the basics of football for an attacking player on a consistent basis.

Your opinion of him has probably been skewed as he's performed well against Madrid a few times. Over the course of his 3 years here I'd struggle to name over a dozen matches he's actually done well in. A lot of people will point to him playing out of position but at the end of the day a supposed top young player should be able to atleast do the basics and contribute in some meaningful way.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I actually googled donkai havertz just now. feckers.
“Some of my teammates call me Donkey.” A grin creeps across Kai Havertz’s face. “It’s not because of my football,” the Chelsea forward adds, as if he needed to. Instead, he says, it is something deeper. “From day one, I felt a special relationship with donkeys. It’s a very calm animal: maybe I personalised myself in them because I’m calm too. They chill all day, don’t do much, just want to live their life. I loved them always. And when I lost, I would go to the sanctuary. You look at the animals, see something human in them. It was a kind of recovery, a place I felt peace.”

Narrator: It was actually because of his football.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
“Some of my teammates call me Donkey.” A grin creeps across Kai Havertz’s face. “It’s not because of my football,” the Chelsea forward adds, as if he needed to. Instead, he says, it is something deeper. “From day one, I felt a special relationship with donkeys. It’s a very calm animal: maybe I personalised myself in them because I’m calm too. They chill all day, don’t do much, just want to live their life. I loved them always. And when I lost, I would go to the sanctuary. You look at the animals, see something human in them. It was a kind of recovery, a place I felt peace.”

Narrator: It was actually because of his football.
So is it that he loves donkeys, or has a massive wanger, or doesn’t score any goals? I’m so confused

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I'd be surprised if this transfer happens, let alone for the prices quoted. It doesn't make sense on any level.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Generational talent Kai. Give us 75 mn he is all yours Madrid.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I do think there's a fantastic player in there somewhere but if he goes on to do a Salah or KDB, I won't be as salty as I am about Chelsea selling those just because Kai has had a million chances at Chelsea and it has never really clicked.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I do think there's a fantastic player in there somewhere but if he goes on to do a Salah or KDB, I won't be as salty as I am about Chelsea selling those just because Kai has had a million chances at Chelsea and it has never really clicked.
The bloke scored the winner in a CL final. "Never really clicked" my foot.

NoLogo

Don't get me wrong, he's not going to join the (long) lost of Chelsea flops but even his biggest fan would admit he's not really performed consistently at Chelsea.
It's still a mystery to me why he is used as a striker. Especially since false 9s, which is the only way this guy can play as a striker, seems to have gone completely out of fashion.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Something tells me this deal is almost closed. I don't see Real Madrid announcing 4 attackers are leaving without signing a few replacements first.