Donkai Havertz | Arsenal Watch

Supports
Chelsea
It looks like he's back to normal now after a couple of decent performances.

Can count on one hand the amount of good performances he's had in his entire time here, baffling that he still gets defended.

mu4c_20le

Not sure if donkeys have a different meaning in Germany but I had a feeling that video wasn't the greatest idea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
When he has games like tonight, he’s borderline utterly useless. As I said after the Dortmund performance, his biggest issue is the infuriating inconsistency. He can be utterly brilliant sometimes as he was against Dortmund and then have long stretches of games where he’s just bloody awful.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
When you cheer for Chelsea to win it's so frustrating to watch him play, every other week it's fun to watch him so that we can laugh at how bad he is but when he is on the team that you cheer for, he really is very frustrating player.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
At 75M I’m taking the money and legging it. That is way more than I could ever expect to get for Havertz. Come get your man @giorno @GatoLoco

He’s all yours.

zaafi

I can see him being more successful in La Liga, to be honest. Not sure he'll be able to cope with the pressure from Real Madrid fans, though. They don't really take some of the performances Havertz have put up lightly.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
My guess is that if there is anything going on its Real approaching Chelsea about a possible loan move so that they can keep their financial powder dry for summer 2024 and either Haaland or Mbappe, as was the plan all along.

It honestly wouldn't be the worst idea for Chelsea. If he is the main man at Real for a season (or at least has a fair chance to compete for that position), that's a huge platform and he'll bag a bunch of goals even if his finishing continues to be terrible, just based on raw number of opportunities to score. I don't think there is a very big market for Havertz right now but it could change with a good year there.

No way is Real Madrid looking to buy Havertz as a long term striking successor to Benzema.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
At 75M I’m taking the money and legging it. That is way more than I could ever expect to get for Havertz. Come get your man @giorno @GatoLoco

He’s all yours.

I wouldn't pay anything more than £40m for him. Real Madrid are getting fleeced if they signed him for that amount. They must have only watched him in the champion league finals :lol:.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

He’s all yours.

If Boehly tries to haggle with Madrid over 75M he should be tarred and feathered

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For what role would Real even buy him? As a wide player?

Ronaldinho's snakebite

My guess is that if there is anything going on its Real approaching Chelsea about a possible loan move so that they can keep their financial powder dry for summer 2024 and either Haaland or Mbappe, as was the plan all along.

It honestly wouldn't be the worst idea for Chelsea. If he is the main man at Real for a season (or at least has a fair chance to compete for that position), that's a huge platform and he'll bag a bunch of goals even if his finishing continues to be terrible, just based on raw number of opportunities to score. I don't think there is a very big market for Havertz right now but it could change with a good year there.

No way is Real Madrid looking to buy Havertz as a long term striking successor to Benzema.
Keep deluding yourself. Chelsea won't entertain any loan arrangement for havertz.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Keep deluding yourself. Chelsea won't entertain any loan arrangement for havertz.
I'm sure they would rather sell him for a good fee but they may not have that option.

The alternative is keeping him as a squad player in a side that doesn't have European football and won't rotate very often, which is fine but won't do wonders for his value.

Supports
Chelsea
Belletti was a great little player. Became a cult hero at Chelsea and scored a few bangers for us. Had his own chant too.

I'm sure they would rather sell him for a good fee but they may not have that option.

The alternative is keeping him as a squad player in a side that doesn't have European football and won't rotate very often, which is fine but won't do wonders for his value.
We won't loan him because his contract runs out in 2025. Makes zero sense for him to come back with 1 year left, putting us into a crap situation. It's either a sale or nothing this summer. 75m figure sounds dumb aswell. I'd take £40m right now if they offered.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Are Chelsea going to actually manage to sell all these unwanted players for >50m a pop? It's insanity. The other clubs should get together and agree to be sensible ;)

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Madrid will probably do it, Chelsea are the masters in selling players.

Bondi77

I cannot stand Magreed but I must admit they are very good when it comes to transfers so this one makes no sense to me.

danamann

He is Chelsea’s best player and it’s not even close. Watch him join Madrid and be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is one of these rare players that make his teammates better, which many stat obsessed nerds here can’t see. He is just the player they need.