Donny Van De Beek | he stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
That injury was a bastard, felt like he was going to start playing for us a bit more regularly. Needs to just get playing again, we can't expect a great deal for him and doubt we will.

Raw

Truly a bizarre transfer, he's wasted 3 years of his career here.

I hope he can find consistent football elsewhere but there's no way we're getting £15m for a player who's just come back from a huge injury.

Eplel

Still can't believe Ole blocked his transfer to Everton only to never use him again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Truly bizarre signing, that seemed to be an attempt to "increase depth" but cover the risk of Pogba leaving that first summer.

Instead it emerged we'd signed a guy whose best position is the one Bruno plays in, a player who next to never gets rested.

One for the mad locker of terrible decisions over the last decade.

Hughes35

Very very very average player. I really don't think he would stand out in a much much lower division.

Really hope he leaves this summer, regardless of the price.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Would take him back at Ajax, but only if we get rid of Davy Klaassen first..

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
An average player when he got here, and unfortunately never improved when he was here.
Always drifted through the small amount of game time he had without ever affecting things.
He needs the move desperately.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Would take him back at Ajax, but only if we get rid of Davy Klaassen first..
No way mate. He is a perfect 12th squad player if your other midfielders are world class but without a Frenkie, Schone and Ziyech around him he would be just as lost as he was with United.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
No way mate. He is a perfect 12th squad player if your other midfielders are world class but without a Frenkie, Schone and Ziyech around him he would be just as lost as he was with United.
Nah Im a bit more nuanced..

He is definitely a player who needs other players to be creative so he can play to his full strenghts, 100% agree there. Under the right circumstances he has/had the potential to be a very good player in a (close to) world class team as was the case in 18/19. The current Ajax team is far far far from that, but that deosnt mean Donny is suddenly a crap player in a mediocre team. He would still be a massive upgrade over Klaassen and someone to compete with Taylor. Next to Berghuis on a midfield with a holding midfielder who stays behind the ball (perhaps Tahirovic?) behind them I think he could be very useful.

Put him on a midfield with Klaassen and Taylor together and it would be horrendous.

Rapsel

Supports
Ajax
Nah Im a bit more nuanced..

He is definitely a player who needs other players to be creative so he can play to his full strenghts, 100% agree there. Under the right circumstances he has/had the potential to be a very good player in a (close to) world class team as was the case in 18/19. The current Ajax team is far far far from that, but that deosnt mean Donny is suddenly a crap player in a mediocre team. He would still be a massive upgrade over Klaassen and someone to compete with Taylor. Next to Berghuis on a midfield with a holding midfielder who stays behind the ball (perhaps Tahirovic?) behind them I think he could be very useful.

Put him on a midfield with Klaassen and Taylor together and it would be horrendous.
I do agree with you he would be a good replacement for Klaassen but not as one of the best paid squad players as we did with Davy.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I'm not sure he's even fit. Last I saw we were 'hoping to get him back for pre-season'. I can't see anyone paying anything until he's actually played some games somewhere.

That said, if £15 were offered I'd snap their hands off.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
I do agree with you he would be a good replacement for Klaassen but not as one of the best paid squad players as we did with Davy.
Dont care about who gets paid what, I just wanna watch some fun ball..

Andersonson

Simply not good enough. Struggles with the tempo and has done that his entire time here. Needs to be moved on along with Bailly, Telles and the sorts

stepic

surely the saudi's want him.

and martial and maguire while they're at it.

Yakuza_devils

To be fair, before we bought him he almost went to Real Madrid. We all thought we got a very good player. The rest as they say is history

redshaw

There's cash in the attic.

Let someone dust him off and get some use. United need to forget what he cost, get some cash back and buy better.

The reason Chelsea generally sell better is because they buy good players to begin with that others clubs would want.

We could've sold Romero, Rojo, Darmian and Donny and bought a striker like Hojlund from Sturm Graz and have money left.

Normally but our hands are clearly tied in terms of incoming players until the takeover is sorted so we can’t risk letting players go yet.
How is it a risk letting him go? Has he played 30 games in three years. Has he been effective in any of them? Let him go and give his minutes to Hannibal or Shoretire or Savage and see if they develop into a decent PL midfielder because all the evidence is that DVB will not.

Yakuza_devils

We'll get around 8-10M for him. Just watch.
I don't rate him at all. But in today's market I think we will get at least 15M for a decent MF but not United quality. He will be someone like Blind. Pretty decent for smaller team.

Donut

If we can trick someone to give us 10 million it'd be an even bigger steal than us buying him from Ajax for 50. What a fraud this guy turned out to be.

Oranges038

Back training on his own, hopefully he can get back fit enough to seal a move a away and the club.

El Zoido

Most of the people calling him trash are the same people that were tossing themselves off at the thought of us signing him way back when. There’s got to be a player there somewhere but it’s best for both parties that he moves on.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Should've probably been sold after his first season when it became clear there wasn't a place in the squad for him. Another one we held onto for way too long.

Ghostrider318

Still maintain that he was a panic signing by the board to calm the fans down after the sancho deal was going nowhere. He played as a SS / AM. We dint play a SS under Ole and AM was already Brunos. He does not have the tool set to play a deeper role.

Bobski

We had a better version of him in Sabitizer who also showed fairly quickly that he wasn't what was needed in the PL. No real role for attacking midfielders who aren't particularly creative passers, mediocre athletically and whose entire value is based on goal scoring from midfield, effectively a midfield poacher.

bringbackbebe

His compilation video is going to be something. The editor will probably land an Oscar if he can cross 2mins.

SAFMUTD

I don't rate him at all. But in today's market I think we will get at least 15M for a decent MF but not United quality. He will be someone like Blind. Pretty decent for smaller team.
Problem is he's been here 3 years and hadn't even made himself a rotation option. In a midfield that used to had only Fred and McTominay. Not to mention his loan spell at Everton was a disaster as well, couldn't even get meaningful minutes there either. Plus he's not wanted here, only one year left on his contract, he's coming out of a long long injury and he's surely on big wages for medium-small teams.

For all those reasons I don't think we'll get anything above 10M for him.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Still maintain that he was a panic signing by the board to calm the fans down after the sancho deal was going nowhere. He played as a SS / AM. We dint play a SS under Ole and AM was already Brunos. He does not have the tool set to play a deeper role.
Don't know about a panic buy but he clearly wasn't an Ole signing given he hardly ever played him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Blind is/was eons better than Donny

Scholsey2004

No, Blind was (is?) a very good player and a strong passer of the ball. Van de Beek was never going to make it here. Eredivisie version of Tom Cleverley, just not as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.