Donny Van De Beek | he stays!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastic Evra

I think someone speculated elsewhere on the forum that his remaining amortization value next summer (so after that hypothetical loan ends) could be 8m£. I think that's a more realistic valuation if he has an encouraging spell at Sociedad.

Onerealunited

If we don’t sell him this summer, and to be honest I would even be happy for a small fee, then we should definitely loan him without any buy option… Spain might be a good destination for him. If he plays well in Spain we can sell him for a higher price next summer if not we might still be able to sell him for a one digit price next summer

kundalini

This summer Spanish teams have paid transfer fees of €10m or more, for 6 players. Another 12 players have been bought for fees of at least €5m but below €10m. 12 of those 18 players were aged 25 or younger. Among the 6 players aged 26+, 3 are centre forwards.

In Italy, 28 players have been bought for a fee of €10m or more. 23 of those players are aged 25 or younger. 3 centre forwards in the aged 26+ group.

In France, 21 players have been bought for a fee of €10m or more. 17 of them were aged 25 or younger.

Last edited:

wolvored

We shouldnt be loaning without an obligation to buy. Even £20 mill is doable.

Djemba-Djemba

Needs an obligation to buy that's reasonable.

Or we end up with him doing the same thing he did at Everton where he's out on loan and rubbish and then he's back here a year later.

Andersonson

How hasnt the club managed to sell him yet? Nobody really interested or does he want to keep his salary?

Abraxas

I think a club would be absolutely bonkers to pay 20 million great British pounds for VDB and I don't think it will happen. One of the most utterly pointless footballers to ever grace a United shirt. He didn't even have it in him to be outright terrible by action, he did it through omitting to do anything at all and for me that's more annoying.

I think we take what we can get on this one. I wouldn't hold my breath imagining a team like Real Sociedad is going to produce a high fee by their standards. Just get him gone.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
How hasnt the club managed to sell him yet? Nobody really interested or does he want to keep his salary?
The Spanish league has spent a little over 200m total this summer. Half of that was Bellingham alone. Only other clubs left that spend any money are PSG, Bayern, á few Italian and German clubs.

Who would be interested that needs a starter of his quality in his position that can afford him? There aren't that many clubs if any that fit the bill. Maybe soon if someone sells a player.

croadyman

I think a club would be absolutely bonkers to pay 20 million great British pounds for VDB and I don't think it will happen. One of the most utterly pointless footballers to ever grace a United shirt. He didn't even have it in him to be outright terrible by action, he did it through omitting to do anything at all and for me that's more annoying.

I think we take what we can get on this one. I wouldn't hold my breath imagining a team like Real Sociedad is going to produce a high fee by their standards. Just get him gone.
Yeah we are definitely taking a hit on him

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Imagine if he wasnt already a United player when Eth became manager. We would be all over him.

Mercurial

nainaisson

Imagine if he wasnt already a United player when Eth became manager. We would be all over him.
Still amazes me that someone who looked amazing in the Champions League under Ten Hag looked so average in the Premier League. I thought Ten Hag taking over would improve his form, but nothing happened and he got injured.

croadyman

Still amazes me that someone who looked amazing in the Champions League under Ten Hag looked so average in the Premier League. I thought Ten Hag taking over would improve his form, but nothing happened and he got injured.
Yeah I thought it would click under Erik so now it's time to cut our losses on this one

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Is he on high wages? We might as well let him stay, his value is very low now + he plays the same role as Mount so if we're really going for this system, Donny might be useful.

bringbackbebe

Has he shown anything recently to motivate that risk for a club that ever topped out at €20m though?
La liga seem pretty broke outside Madrid / Barca at the moment if above post is correct.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/donny-van-de-beek.477792/post-30902534
I disagree. 10m is a fair price to sell DVB. Anything more and Sociedad are asking too much for them to take him from us.
You missed me. I'd snap their hands off if they're ok to take him on a free.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He just looks intimidated when he plays. There just no swagger about his play that you need to play at OT .

Mercurial

You missed me. I'd snap their hands off if they're ok to take him on a free.
They just dont have the funds I think. The one thing that is nice with Sociedad is they have a decent track record of "fixing" promising players down on their luck. Personally, and might just be wishful thinking, but he strikes me as a system player and us lacking system has probably not helped him out. ETH knows him so I wonder if he is written off at this stage in his plans? If so he needs a fresh start elsewhere even if it's a low price loan.

AndySmith1990

Surely there must be some premier league club at least mildly interested and willing to pay around £10m or so? It's peanuts these days and an underwhelming player for United could still be very decent at the likes of Everton Forest, Luton etc

Rather we just sold all the deadwood instead of anymore pointless loans

croadyman

Surely there must be some premier league club at least mildly interested and willing to pay around £10m or so? It's peanuts these days and an underwhelming player for United could still be very decent at the likes of Everton Forest, Luton etc

Everton saw enough in that loan

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
They just dont have the funds I think. The one thing that is nice with Sociedad is they have a decent track record of "fixing" promising players down on their luck. Personally, and might just be wishful thinking, but he strikes me as a system player and us lacking system has probably not helped him out. ETH knows him so I wonder if he is written off at this stage in his plans? If so he needs a fresh start elsewhere even if it's a low price loan.
Sell him for 5-8million euros but with a 40% sell-on clause. Let them build him up and scam another big club into buying him.

We need an rvn

Perhaps Ajax don’t want him, but would a move back not suit him?
I’m assuming they still play a similar style to what they did under eth, aka the Ajax way?

be a shame for his career to fizzle out as there’s obviously a decent player in there somewhere, I just think he needs to find his confidence again and perhaps the PL just didn’t suit him (or United)

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag

He was already loaned at Everton and did nothing, why would any other PL club touch him?

Mercurial

Perhaps Ajax don’t want him, but would a move back not suit him?
I’m assuming they still play a similar style to what they did under eth, aka the Ajax way?

be a shame for his career to fizzle out as there’s obviously a decent player in there somewhere, I just think he needs to find his confidence again and perhaps the PL just didn’t suit him (or United)
I think some of our players that failed a bit are on way too high salary vs what they produce, they are stuck in a bad place where they have to take a massive cut to be interesting for other clubs or stay on the bench since they won't get that kind of deal again. Can't be certain but it's likely a big factor? Had they been on a more normal salary the will to move and interest would be higher to match them to correct level of a club. Donny on 100k+ just doesn't make any sense.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I keep thinking, a bit like Scotty, there's a good player inside there somewhere. Sadly, he kept proving me wrong. Maybe he just isn't suited for the PL - he might do well in Spain or Italy and star for one of the not-quite-top-4 sides

We need an rvn

I think some of our players that failed a bit are on way too high salary vs what they produce, they are stuck in a bad place where they have to take a massive cut to be interesting for other clubs or stay on the bench since they won't get that kind of deal again. Can't be certain but it's likely a big factor? Had they been on a more normal salary the will to move and interest would be higher to match them to correct level of a club. Donny on 100k+ just doesn't make any sense.
To be fair, if he's "only" on £100k then that's a fair salary for someone costing £40m or so. I'm just surprised we didn't put him straight on £200k.

But I agree with what you're saying about players being on a high salary and then having to chose between accepting a salary that's possibly £100k less or stay at United and leave on a free. People will be shouting about wasting their career etc, but a difference of £100k over 2 years is £10m in salary. At the rate some of these players spend, that will soon go - likewise that extra £10m, if smart, can be invested wisely and set themselves and their family up for a generation or two.

Pronewbie

Peep
So wait till he morphs into prime Lampard at Sociedad only to leave on a free to PSG in 4 years. That'll teach you all haters a lesson.
I mean, we can only comment on the ability he has shown over the past few seasons, no? Credit to him if he turns his career around in such spectacular fashion at the age of 26.

Red Royal

Donny had to be one of the most disappointing transfers we have done in recent years. He was a good prospect, even though we overpaid for him. However he clearly does not fit into any system at United and barely looks fit enough for the Premier league. For all the critics McT has, at least he occasionally looks the part. DVDB just looks lost out on the pitch.

bringbackbebe

I mean, we can only comment on the ability he has shown over the past few seasons, no? Credit to him if he turns his career around in such spectacular fashion at the age of 26.
He's shown some clues - he can run aimlessly, boomerang the ball back to the source, gets easily bullied when with the ball and technical ability to score only when he mishits the ball. He'll fit into an avg La Liga club just fine.

philippexyz

Playing Donny genuinely feels like playing with 10 men on the pitch. It almost looks like he's an actor(different profession) shooting a football movie. Brad Pitt or Leonardo Di Caprio could do a similar job.

Any kind of a fee is acceptable, even symbolic one(€‎1m).

Status
Not open for further replies.