Donny Van De Beek / LOAN to Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Well, assuming we stick with a three man midfield, you'd imagine it would be something like:

Bruno/Hannibal - McTominay/Matic - Pogba/Fred
Yeah, for me it's all about Rangnick- I'd like the young players to start with some quality coaching in their career which we haven't had maybe since the Van Gaal era for the younger side of the squad.

Getting rid of the players that never got a game anyway to have some younger players on the bench training with the first team squad would be useful atleast.

I say it partially because we don't know Rangnick's future here - so I'd like to use his best assets to the benefit of the squad whilst we have him.

Maybe this is an indication on how he might be as part of our board in the future aswell, who knows - but I do feel like it's a good decision so far.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He really needs to have a good spell at Everton or that's another massive loss to United, financially. He reminds me of Kagawa with his nice short passes and looking busy without much substance.

Mainoldo

Palace seemed like the better deal. Everton are really unbalanced atm. But all the best to him.

HailtotheKing

He really needs to have a good spell at Everton or that's another massive loss to United, financially. He reminds me of Kagawa with his nice short passes and looking busy without much substance.
It only looks like no substance because he’s surrounded by players and playing in a system that doesn’t seem to value holding onto the ball. So he passes and moves and doesn’t get the ball back. Hard to thrive in a team like that. Delighted for Donny. Was looking forward to watching a bit of Palace to see how he does, now I’m going to have to watch Everton. Not looking forward to that as much but Im keen to finally see what he can do. It’s been a long time coming. Everton was a good choice because he will get games. And that what he needs right now. And Lampard was one of the best attacking mids going, so a good guy to learn from.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
For me he is better midfielder than McFred, but what do I know? Good luck Donny.

dove

Should hopefully get plenty of game time and it will be interesting to see how he does there. If he fails to impress, his PL career will likely be over.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
It only looks like no substance because he’s surrounded by players and playing in a system that doesn’t seem to value holding onto the ball.
Yes, that seems a reasonable counter.

United this season are at crossroads between being a countering team and possession-based since the beginning of the season under Ole. It's come to a point now that we have another system Ralf is trying to implement. Small wonder the squad is a bit lost and confused.

Hughie77

And Rangnick and Ole have coaching badges and see him everyday in training. Unlike everyone on this forum.

Maybe we will find out the truth someday about Donny and Manchester United. In a book or something.
Exactly that's what I'm saying. Something is a miss, he's not the first or the last that can shrink when they come to OT.

Red Rash

Happy he has got his loan move and a chance to show what he can do in the Premier League.

I'm really hopeful this move is like Lingard at West Ham and he is able to perform to a high level. If so I can see the new manager may want to keep Donny in his plans.

laughtersassassin

The only thing we ever really did wrong with VDB was keeping him as long as we have. As soon as i became clear he was of no use to use we should have loaned or even sold and replaced him. Currently we have a threadbare midfield due to our indecision.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Palace seemed like the better deal. Everton are really unbalanced atm. But all the best to him.
His girlfriend is pregnant and they're probably settled so prefer to go to Everton where they don't need to move house than to Palace where they'd need to uproot for a few months.

Mainoldo

His girlfriend is pregnant and they're probably settled so prefer to go to Everton where they don't need to move house than to Palace where they'd need to uproot for a few months.
I understand. But I’m sure they wouldn’t of sorted out a rented accommodation with working staff(which probably would be more useful to her) ready to help if needed.

Good move for everybody. He needs to show he can play in this league and Everton is a good platform for him, good enough to not be playing on the back foot every game, but not so good he won't have the opportunity to show his stuff.

Mike Smalling

It's bizarre that it's come to this, and we can't find any use for him in our squad this season with Pogba being out and everything.

But it's now two managers who have used him extremely sparingly, so there must be some kind of issue in training. And it's not like Ralfy has been scared of mixing it up a bit with line-ups in other areas.

Hughie77

Let's just hope we use the loan cash to bring in a CM we need. Or who they think can do what they need. Clearly DVB wasn't for them, let's see who they get.

BorisManUtd

Good luck to Donny, he's got 4 months to prove his worth and at a Premier League club. Excited for him, it's been 15-16 months of basically sitting on the bench at United.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Lampard off to a great start with a quality signing already. Can't wait to see him play. We stalled his career because we didn't have a plan for him, but I assume at Everton he should be starting most games for them. Not sure what system they will deploy though. Perhaps 3
5 2 or 4 2 2 2? Better move than going to palace.

Last edited:

Shark

@NotShark
Lampard off to a great start with a quality signing already. Can't wait to see him play. We stalled his career because we didn't have a plan for him, but I assume at Everton he should be starting most games for them. Not sure what system they will deploy though. Perhaps 3
5 1 2 or 4 2 2 2? Better move than going to
palace.
Or you know, he could be an average player. Time will tell but it's too early to jump on the club's back until he actually performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.