Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okey

When was the last time we didn't 'overpay' for a signing, and a good one too? For all our board's sins, I'll give them the brownie points for this deal if it's done at €40m.

KennyBurner

Nice video of what he brings here if the deal does go through.

I like that he has a good first touch and moves with the ball. He also seems like a fighter with his willingness to slide tackle from a standstill. he also makes lots of forward runs which is great.

Definitely an upgrade over mctominay given he has a better first touch.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
When was the last time we didn't 'overpay' for a signing, and a good one too? For all our board's sins, I'll give them the brownie points for this deal if it's done at €40m.
I'd actually say Bruno. Basically, whenever we buy domestically, we get ripped off. You'd hope the board would have clocked on this by now but apparently not.

Reiver

From what I've seen of him, I always felt he would be a good fit for us. Just didn't think we would be able to do a deal.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Our previous signing.

Stretender

Typical Mourinho. Literally, it's his modus operandi to go steal his previous club's signings at the 11th hour (or a rival like with Fred).
He is a strange manager in that sense. I remember he did the same with Willian who was supposed to sign for Spurs, he hijacked the deal. Sanchez, Fred were all romoured Man City targets. Let him try to hijack Sancho as well with his Spurs empty pockets

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
They offer a fair price. No need to haggle when pricing is fair
Yes and they also treat their players well, having come through their system and been with them for 15 years, they don't place barriers against them leaving when they arrive at a level too high for the Dutch league..

alexthelion

He has an eye for clever passes - unfortunately his teammates dont

He is extremely good with the ball at his feet - why he gets fouled so often.

He scores a lot of goals - considering he has to do everything on his own because his teammates suck

So I would take Grealish over v.d Beek if money wasn't an issue - but if the latter is £40 million and Grealish is £70-80 million - it's a no brainer
In other words, his passing is bad but the blame is on the other players.

He gets fouled so often because he hangs on to the ball too long.

He scores a few goals, so?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I like the lack of haggling, there's a really good relationship with Ajax, so might as well not place any bids well below their expected value.
Especially as it’s a reasonable price for a quality player. It would be disrespectful to try and hammer that price down when you look at what Grealish would cost. I prefer the idea of VDB over Grealish by the way, I can’t help but feel this is a very smart signing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He’s an intelligent player but I’m not going to lie it is an underwhelming signing if that is all we get this summer. If he’s one of a large number coming in and he’s a squad player knocking on door of first team then that is fine.

Walters_19_MuFc

All of the above. If Grealish wasn't english he would hardly be mentioned.
I don't get this saying. Its like only English players are 'overhyped' when that clearly isn't the case.

I personally rate Grealish and believe he carried a very poor Villa side for most of the season.

Time will tell whether he's overhyped or not, but I can't see a lot of players doing what he did at such an awful side.

MDFC Manager

Especially as it’s a reasonable price for a quality player. It would be disrespectful to try and hammer that price down when you look at what Grealish would cost. I prefer the idea of VDB over Grealish by the way, I can’t help but feel this is a very smart signing.
Also we've still got agent Van der Saar heading them, right?

LuessiT

Ajax reached a UCL SF more recently than Dortmund and win their league every year but you've missed my point entirely anyway
Yes and it was an outlier season with a very good squad (that was raided the following window).
It's just not practical for Ajax to have a squad capable of winning the CL given the TV-money and attractiveness of the dutch league.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Not that it worked well with the Maguire incident but Ole's big emphasis is likely on the character of the player as well and Van De Beek appears to be very humble lad.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He'll offer great cover, but I can't see him displacing Bruno or Pogba.
He’ll take at least 2 months to adjust with a new club and league, most likely longer so there is no rush. and it’s a 5 year contract .... doesn’t need to be first choice this season!

Just give him Some time to settle and adjust. I feel very good about this one, but fans need to be in it for the long haul and not start throwing toys out of the peak after 5 games!

Shark

@NotShark
I'm pretty delighted with this signing! while he may not break into our starting 11, he seems a very versatile player like Blind was, but the right kind of squad player. Hopefully this is also the beginning of more signings :devil:

RedStarUnited

They better not say we didnt have money for Sancho later. Cos we didnt need to spend this 35m on this guy as badly as we need a right winger.

MDFC Manager

He’ll take at least 2 months to adjust with a new club and league, most likely longer so there is no rush. and it’s a 5 year contract .... doesn’t need to be first choice this season!

Just give him Some time to settle and adjust. I feel very good about this one, but fans need to be in it for the long haul and not start throwing toys out of the peak after 5 games!
He should definitely be afforded time and patience. He'll be the youngest midfielder in the squad.

Walters_19_MuFc

Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.