Donny van de Beek | van de Beek's father: "[Moving to United] a dream come true."

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludsucker

This is how he continues to get away with making a mockery of our club. Can we hate him in a couple of months when our team continues to lag behind our competitors?
So now woodward is making a mockery of our club by signing a player? Negative ninnies like you is why i have started to hate the caf.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
This is a purchase that I have a very hard time understanding and therefore enjoy. When Fred and McTominay played together over a long period of time, they became really good together. I think we're pretty strong in the central midfield already. Therefore, I do not see that we are getting stronger with this purchase. McTominay should be in our starting 11 along with Pogba and Bruno. Fred and Matic are the alternatives to the central midfield, if I could decide. So I do not see that we have a need for Donny van de Beek.
Unless one of those mentioned is leaving the club?
Bruno won't be, Matic and McTominay have just signed new contracts, so probably not, which leaves Fred and Pogba. Fred has been linked to a Turkish team, and Pogba was linked to Real, PSG and Juventus, so if this transfer is going to take place which one is going? Or it could all be rubbish.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
That’s my question? Will be start instead of Matić potentially? Or will he exclusively fill in for Pogba and Bruno?

Does this mean Fred might be off? I do like Fred.
I think we will have fred, mcsauce, matic and donny to rotate, which is great. We must let Pogba Bruno push forward while having a reliable two behind them, mc sauce was injured quite a lot this season, matic is aging and cant give a 10 performance each week, Fred was in/out of the team, he made a great turn to fight for his place though, I think with Donny we are raising the bar for them and hopefully it will push them too... And even when we need to rest Pogba/bruno, we have a good player in Donny to push forward too.. And he's 23, a very good buy in my opinion..

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Congratulations, I think he is a great signing.
He caught my attention in the Champions League with Ajax and I would have liked him in Madrid, although his appearance did not come at the right time.
Both De Jong and De Ligt have had a difficult first season and perhaps the same will happen to him.
Pogba-Bruno-Van de Beek are players to seriously fight for titles.

acnumber9

So now woodward is making a mockery of our club by signing a player? Negative ninnies like you is why i have started to hate the caf.
That’s not what I said. Continues, as in, being a hero for making the occasional signing seems to make people forget the absolute shit show he’s presided over for 7 years. He’s finally signed a player, well done, he’s done the bare minimum required

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
This is the point I’m making. Why should he be congratulated for it? It’s his fecking job. Ajax set a reasonable fee and we’re paying it.
I don’t see many people congratulating anyone. I think most are happy we've signed a good young player and that’s it.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He caught my attention in the Champions League with Ajax and I would have liked him in Madrid, although his appearance did not come at the right time.
Both De Jong and De Ligt have had a difficult first season and perhaps the same will happen to him.
Always find it reassuring when I hear rival fans say things like this, let’s me know we’re not just being muppets for no reason. :lol:

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
Fair play. Nice to read some positivity. Are you also happy he didn't end up at Barca like initially reported?

sp_107

We tried to sign Nicola Barella last year and now we are after DVB proves we are after replacing herrera and it looks like we got a better deal in this window,

We are also linked to Tonali/Thigao so wondering where they will fit in if we get one of them OR it was just a media BS ?

Red_Orchestra

Warm welcome to Van De Beek.

An interesting signing, instead of signing a pure natural cdm, we opted for another b2b midfielder.
Which means that we will play with a true double pivot b2b midfield next season. Very very interesting signing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Thanks mate. I think he’s a good player as well and I’ve seen him a few times in CL too and yeah I think he’s going to be a good singing for us.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
£9m less than the £49m they originally wanted at the start of the window
The usual suspects will find a tweet from some low grade source claiming he was available for 50p in order to make it look like we got fleeced. Good price.

AshRK

This is a very smart signing. Last season when Pogba was injured we were forced to start periera and lingard as creative midfielders. With Van de Beek we already have a solid replacement.

Shark

@NotShark
Very average player for an average fee. Kind of like ironing your socks.
If he's a significant upgrade on Lingard, Andreas and Mata well then that's going to make a big difference for us. Not every signing has to be world class, we're building a squad

Red00012

I've been watching Donny for years now. He's a typical Ajax number 8/10. A guy that has a lot of depth in his game and knows how to run behind the enemy defense. He scores 10-15 goals a season. For years now we play with a system where we make room for a players like Donny. Before we had Siem de Jong, Then Klassen and now Donny.
Donny is better than Klaassen and Siem de Jong. Donny has a very functional technique and can contribute in the build up in the game. He is very focused every time hes gets the ball. The challenge for United is to find a position for him in the midfield where he will function optimal. Where he can make the meters in the depth behind enemy lines. You need to balance your midfield with a strong 6 and a creative player next to Donny. You need to create an "Ajax like" midfield. That is gonna be a challenge.
Thanks for that.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I always thought that he is more dmc/mc. But he is classic mc. So i guess that Fred (who was pretty good vs Sevilla in that role) and Matic will be dmc options. De beek will be cover for Pogba and Bruno.
Excellent midfield. We have 5 midfielders now who can play at highest level. I am pretty happy with that. Now lets go for that right winger...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He looks like the doofus character from every American teen movie ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.