dream final?

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I won't claim they are a power house, because they are not, but they did beat Italy, Uruguay and drew against England. Not a bad feat, don't you think?

And also, as mentioned before, 18 shots for Holland and 1 shot for Costa Rica. On any other day Holland would have scored 5 goals and no one would be coming here spouting nonsense like "Holland played poorly against Costa Rica" and more along those lines. Which is absolutely hilarious to claim as it is very untrue.
my e-friend, i dont think that the dutchs played poorly against costa rica, i was just stating that is not easy to beat a team that parks the bus, no matter how good they are,
but when that happened to argentina they managed to win, while holland couldnt

with that thought in mind, why is argentina shit, but holland is great?

Bloedrood

The opposite for me. I rather not reach the final if we're going to lose it again. And I've been nervous for days about our game against Argentina. I think we have plenty to loose, not winning a world cup is becoming some curse, we need to get it over with. And I feel many in our country feel like that, it's also why most are ok with our new playing style, we don't care anymore, we just want to win it.

Essaux

my e-friend, i dont think that the dutchs played poorly against costa rica, i was just stating that is not easy to beat a team that parks the bus, no matter how good they are,
but when that happened to argentina they managed to win, while holland couldnt

with that thought in mind, why is argentina shit, but holland is great?
I don't think Argentina are shit. Actually, I think Argentina might beat The Netherlands on Wednesday.

All I'm saying is that saying that Argentina beat teams who parked the bus and Holland didn't - based upon the match against Costa Rica is a bit silly. As Holland clearly didn't have any difficulties creating chances (18 shots) and on any other day of the year a couple of those chances (RvP missed some tap-ins) would have been buried and we wouldn't have this discussion. :)

You'd have a point if Holland had difficulties creating chances - which usually means a team parks the bus and parks it really well. Costa Rica was not such team, they were simply extremely lucky to have been able to take the game to penalties at all.

Reactions: Marcosdeto

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
btw. if you are talking about Netherlands losing WC finals (3 so far); Germany lost 4 WC finals already. So they hold the record.

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
The opposite for me. I rather not reach the final if we're going to lose it again. And I've been nervous for days about our game against Argentina. I think we have plenty to loose, not winning a world cup is becoming some curse, we need to get it over with. And I feel many in our country feel like that, it's also why most are ok with our new playing style, we don't care anymore, we just want to win it.
best of luck for you mate, holland deserves a world cup

VanUtd

Supports
Feyenoord
The game would have nothing but fouls and dirty play. It wouldn't be a game of football
That's the sad outcome of a BRA - ARG under these circumstances. So I vote for football!

Oh, and this.

We have NOT forgotten this you schnitzels!

:D

Marcosdeto

Guess who's back?
I don't think Argentina are shit. Actually, I think Argentina might beat The Netherlands on Wednesday.

All I'm saying is that saying that Argentina beat teams who parked the bus and Holland didn't - based upon the match against Costa Rica is a bit silly. As Holland clearly didn't have any difficulties creating chances (18 shots) and on any other day of the year a couple of those chances (RvP missed some tap-ins) would have been buried and we wouldn't have this discussion. :)

You'd have a point if Holland had difficulties creating chances - which usually means a team parks the bus and parks it really well. Costa Rica was not such team, they were simply extremely lucky to have been able to take the game to penalties at all.
ok, we stated our opinions and i dont think we are that different

cheers

TheSpaceman

Can't complain with any final really. Either you're getting the two biggest rivalries in the world, or you're getting a Europe vs. South America final. Win- win.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
That's the sad outcome of a BRA - ARG under these circumstances. So I vote for football!

Oh, and this.

We have NOT forgotten this you schnitzels!

:D

btw this picture must be from my homecity. :D

2006 then, huh?

Adebesi

@Bloedrood (or any other Dutch posters)
Do you think youd have a better chance of beating one team or the other in the final, out of Brazil or Germany? Would either of them hold more fear for you? Or do you think the biggest challenge will be overcoming the occasion itself?

Essaux

Do you think youd have a better chance of beating one team or the other in the final, out of Brazil or Germany? Would either of them hold more fear for you? Or do you think the biggest challenge will be overcoming the occasion itself?
Definitely this.

I read a couple interviews with Dutch players and they all seem to be determined to simply beat who is put in front of them. Regardless of history, reputation and actual skill level.

Which I think is the right approach.

Cristobal

One more thing, here in Argentina, if we cant win the WC, most of us prefer Brazil to win it.

Adebesi

One more thing, here in Argentina, if we cant win the WC, most of us prefer Brazil to win it.
Interesting. So youd rather see Brazil win that one of the European teams, but if you are going to lose in the final youd rather it was to a European team?

Or did I misunderstand your point earlier? Was it that youd rather not get to a final than lose it, regardless of who you play against?

Bloedrood

I consider Germany to be the better team, purely based on the tournament so far. But Brazil has the home advantage. I don't really have a preference in that sense. Looking at the last 4 teams, I think any team can win it. Don't know what to expect.

Cristobal

Interesting. So youd rather see Brazil win that one of the European teams, but if you are going to lose in the final youd rather it was to a European team?

Or did I misunderstand your point earlier? Was it that youd rather not get to a final than lose it, regardless of who you play against?
Exactly
But it is not against europeans. We like Brazil, but we want US to beat them.

VanUtd

Supports
Feyenoord
That sounds complicated... :D so basically Argentina fans follow the following model:

Reactions: Marcosdeto

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Germany vs Netherlands is a dream final for me always and happy that it is still ON. Hopefully it will still be ON and confirmed after tomorrow's match is over.

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
I think we have more chance against Germany. Brazil are the home team, I see that as a huge disadvantage. We have already played two WC-finals against the home team lol. I can't see Brazil losing another WC-final at home after 1950 which people are still talking about. I'm also honestly worried about the referee with Brazil in the final. Besides, if Brazil manages to beat Germany, who are now considered the strongest / most in form team in this tournament, without Neymar and Silva I think that'll release them of any doubts they have.

No, I prefer Germany. Overall Germany is probably a better team than Brazil, but at least it would be a game on neutral soil. Besides that I think their game suits us better. They are vulnerable defensively and I don't think they'd play a tactical game against us. They would just play their own attacking game which gives us opportunities. Although of course they would be shitting their pants for Robben, but that also is an advantage for us. Eventhough I rate Germany higher than Brazil in this form and without Neymar, I'd still prefer Germany.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Germany vs Holland please.

Most likely and well deserved outcome too, in my opinion.

Mali_Zeus

Great final in any case.
Germany will not be satisfied if they loose it even after destroying Brasil. They will again be the team which nearly won.
Netherlands, if they loose, it will be their 4th final lost. Argentina, first final after 1990 and they will surely not want to loose it after getting into it after all those years.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'll put money on it being Germany - Argentina with it being quite a boring Germany win where they are the better side. 3-1 or something.

Germany - Netherlands or Brazil - Argentina was far too exciting a prospect.

Loublaze

ATLien
every team in the group stages parked the bus against argentina, but they managed to win in the 90 minutes, still everyone said that argentina was shite, now when the same happens to the dutchs, suddenly is ok not to score a goal in 120 minutes

and don't tell me that Costa Rica is a power house or something like that, because i've already had that thought and laughed my eyes off
Say what you want. Netherlands and Germany have been the best teams, and thats who we'll see in the final. Netherlands will convincingly beat Argentina

Manny

Grammar Police
I'm glad Germany beat Brazil.

I want a Germany Holland final. With Holland going on to win it