dream final?

manutddjw

If I was a movie writer the big money match is Germany vs Argentina.

The match sells itself, the unstoppable, killer Germans vs Messi. Messi winning the World Cup cementing himself alongside the likes of Pele and Maradona especially against a German team that has the world talking is bigger than the Dutch finally winning a final.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Germany v Argentina

• Rich world cup final history, 1-1 at the moment .. first final was good to watch, second one terrible.
  • Can Messi finally live up to El Diego against what is indisputably the best 'team' in international football?
  • David v Goliath... individual v Team, doesn't get better than that

Holland v Germany

• Legendary 1974 final... how ironic would it be to see Holland win when Germany have the better team to watch
  • Make up for 2010 wc final loss
  • LVG in the wc final, possible wc winner as our boss!
  • Also if he wins, ultimate two fingers to Cruyff - his biggest rival

I hope the winner of today wins the cup, as much as I admire the Germans and think they deserve it.. the narrative of this tournament would be so much better if it is Messi or Holland who go on to win it.

Last edited:

Adebesi

Like the idea of a rerun of the 74 final which is surely one of the most memorable, talked about finals of all. With the irony as Raees said, this time two teams have in some ways swapped roles, with the Germans being free flowing and attacking, while the Dutch are keeping it tight and efficient.