dream final?

redpersie

Brazil don't have any star on their team since neymar is out. Ideal final for neutrals would be Germany vs Argentina.

motorhead

How the hell is ARG-BRA the dream final for you guys? These are not the best teams in the cup. Netherlands will deal with Argentina...

The dream final is the final between the best teams. Netherlands is the best team and Germany tied with second best with Brazil. That's your dream final, not argentina for god's sake.
Why are you getting so emotional. There has already been a Germany-Netherlands final, Argentina-Germany and Brazil-Germany. Some would like a Brazil-Argentina final for the first time. That it would happen in Brazil is even better. Get over it.

heub

Potentially two huge rivalries, I hope one comes up.
there will be the 3rd/4th place match on saturday. so we could see both rivalries.

BRA v ARG or GER v NED would be a tremendous upgrade for the (usually useless) small final.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Brazil vs Argentina or Germany vs Netherlands. The rivalry factor.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Any combination of the four would be fantastic. I picked Brazil-Argentina before the tournament, so wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

Jerzol78

Germany vs Netherlands for me.
But that still means a great clash of South American powers, just for a bit lower stake.

Essaux

I wouldn't say they are the best, it's probably Germany for me, but this tickles me.

Mexico have a fantastic defence, and drew with Big Bollocks Brazil. Robben might have 'cheated' for the penalty, but he had 2 strong claims that were not given earlier in the game.

As for Costa Rica, the Dutch completely dominated the game; their finishing, the keeper and the crossbar kept them at bay, but they still went through on pens (Shooting second as well!).

Have Brazil or Argentina showed anything better? Not in my book.
Haha, this Pocho lad is doesn't have a clue.

Holland had 18 shots and Costa Rica had 1 shot. Then this Pocho comes out of the woodwork and tries to tell us Holland were poor, Costa Rica were awesome.

It was one of those games, had they been a bit sharper and clinical with their shots it would have been 7-0 and we wouldn't have to hear this Pocho post his nonsense.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
Germany vs Netherlands. For all the early speculation of European teams in decline, it will be funny if we end up having a European final again and that whole nonsense of European teams never winning it in South America. And if I remember correctly, don't the Germans and the Dutch have one of the fiercest and most intense football rivalry historically?

Essaux

Germany vs Netherlands. For all the early speculation of European teams in decline, it will be funny if we end up having a European final again and that whole nonsense of European teams never winning it in South America. And if I remember correctly, don't the Germans and the Dutch have one of the fiercest and most intense football rivalry historically?
Germany - Holland and Brasil - Argentina are probably two of the most fierce rivalries in the history of Football. Either final would be a dream.

Inigo

Germany - Holland has cooled down significantly in the last generation or two. It's nothing like it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Still the most important match for either side but not really any animosity between them.

Dylan94

Brazil v Argentina at the Macarena sounds like the dream final. But I have a feeling that the game itself would be a very cagey, frustrating affair to watch. I think a Germany v Holland final would be much better. For me their not only the two best teams at this tournament, but I think with both teams playing the high defensive lines and the positive attacking football that they do, it would be a very exciting and entertaining game.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
maybe he thinks that being in the seminfals for the 4th time consecutive would make a national team deserve playing the final. I think so too to be honest.
That means nothing though, they've lost 3 semi finals in a row. You can't 'deserve' to make the final by repeatedly coming up just short.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
That means nothing though, they've lost 3 semi finals in a row. You can't 'deserve' to make the final by repeatedly coming up just short.
No...

WC

2010 Semi
2006 Semi
2002 Final

Euro

2012 Semi
2008 Final

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
germany v holland. Its what i predicted 4 years ago at the last world cup funnily enough. Was close then and im close now.

Though a Brazil - Argentina match for the world cup, in south america. Theres a story to be told there.

hamad138

Holland vs brazil

Neymar dives vs Robben dives

Hahahahah Battle of Dives, too bad Neymar is injured

buckooo1978

Holland and Germany is the final I'd like to see

Brazil have been tarnished by using the referee and they've been quite boring to watch - I felt for Neymar who has been genuinely enjoyable but I found it ironic given that the referee enabled the Brazilian thugs to kick seven shades of shite outta James Rodriguez

Argentina....meh

I'm yet to see one of their games I've enjoyed - most impressive against the French probably and not exciting

then again....World Cup finals are rarely very exciting to watch

buckooo1978

Hope Argentina beat the Dutch.. The last thing we need is Holland winning it and our new manager arriving with a massive ego... :lol:
if the Dutch win it Van Gaal will probably turn up in mid-September nursing the worlds biggest hangover

Firstouch20

Hope Argentina beat the Dutch.. The last thing we need is Holland winning it and our new manager arriving with a massive ego... :lol:
You must not know Van Gaal. His ego couldn't possibly get any bigger than it already is.

jesperjaap

Most people want Brazil v Argentina I would think. Personally I would like Holland v Germany as they really do hate each other (I can still see the gob flyign in to Vollers hair to this day). Either final would be great. I hope its one of the two rather than other conatations.

Pocho

Holland had 18 shots and Costa Rica had 1 shot. Then this Pocho comes out of the woodwork and tries to tell us Holland were poor, Costa Rica were awesome.

It was one of those games, had they been a bit sharper and clinical with their shots it would have been 7-0 and we wouldn't have to hear this Pocho post his nonsense.
Hahahahaha, lots of hahaha, but if you wanna win a wc and can't beat Costa Rica it means you're in trouble, but hahahahahah. And if you are losing to fcking Mexico till the 85 minute and you need a rebound off a corner kick and a dive to kick their ass out of the wc you better start thinking that something's wrong. Hahaahahaha.

Pocho

Hahahahah quote me where I said that Costa Rica were awesome, hahahaha

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Holland - Germany. But it will be Brazil-Argentina.

kiwired

actually any of the possible combinations is pretty good.

Brazil v Holland
Brazil v Argentina
Germany v Holland
Germany V Argentina

I'd stay up for any of those.
If forced to choose though , I guess Brazil Argentina and an Argentine victory would be my choice

Loublaze

ATLien
Brazil - Argentina IMO.
The game would have nothing but fouls and dirty play. It wouldn't be a game of football

You mean the team that had to go to penalty kicks with Costa RIca, and had to cheat Mexico?? Yeah, they are the best.
Cheat Mexico? Any team would've struggled against Costa Rica the way they were set up. Holland did hit the post three times and were unlucky not to score. You sound bitter.