Vulgarian
Fulfils all the criteria
- aging striker
- played under Ten hag
- played in Eredivisie
- Ajax player

If he isn’t a perfect signing for us then don’t know what is :drool:

Lux Thunder

I can't fkn believe that I was thinking about him this morning as an emergency/last resort option for us, just to see Fabrizio Romano's post right now. At this point, it's inevitable, isn't it ? :lol:

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
Fulfils all the criteria
- aging striker
- played under Ten hag
- played in Eredivisie
- Ajax player

He is not a striker.

Anyway, I wonder if he could have made it at a top tier club a few years ago, when he was at his peak. He played a key role in that Ajax CL run in 2019, played the game of his life versus Real at Bernabeu.

Sadly, he is visibly declining now and we will never know.

kaku06

Vulgarian
He is not a striker.

Anyway, I wonder if he could have made it at a top tier club a few years ago, when he was at his peak. He played a key role in that Ajax CL run in 2019, played the game of his life versus Real at Bernabeu.

Sadly, he is visibly declining now and we will never know.
Did he not play as a striker or a false one after Haller went to Dortmund?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That is some record for them though, basically a goal contribution every game for over 200 games is phenomenal.

Red00012

Fulfils all the criteria
- aging striker
- played under Ten hag
- played in Eredivisie
- Ajax player

He’s not a striker

PSV

Would sort our left side in case we get a striker.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
Ajax are in a right mess this summer
We were a total disaster last season despite spending over €100m, more than double our previous record window. Loads of players are on insane wages and not delivering. Time to clear out and rejuvenate the squad.

Did he not play as a striker or a false one after Haller went to Dortmund?
He played as a striker mainly during CL and big league games except for the year we had Haller. Mainly as a false striker to draw defenders away from the center so players like Neres, Ziyech, Antony or vd Beek could move into the position. Otherwise he played on the left or very rarely from the number 10 position.

Xaviboy

A technically gifted footballer. I wouldn't be surprised if he came in to give us squad depth for a season or 2.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
Still putting up good numbers, but he's gotten slower, less mobile and he's compensated for it with (much) more diving and complaining to the ref. Don't think either of those would go down well in the PL.

midou

TBF this guy + Højlund seems like near best case scenario this summer.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Past his best, but the level he reached at Ajax was just insane. One of the best players in world football the last 4/5 years.

Really raised the level, what a signing. Shame to see him go.

tomaldinho1

Really thought we’d go for him at Soton, was such a tidy difficult player. At 34 he shouldn’t even be thought of as back up though, move on.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
If it wasn't for those two/three CL performances I am sure half of people here wouldn't hear for him.

Good record for Ajax though, but 34 year old looking for his final paycheck seems like a great idea for our club to give him 100k more than he would get elsewhere and secure himself great pension. Not like we haven't seen it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

Absurdly good. For a forward with no pace, I can't remember the last player I've seen get things right all the time like him.

Didn't he beat or touch Messi's record for most assists in a year?

OverratedOpinion

Considering most probably thought they wouldn't hear much about him again after he left the Premier League what a career he went on to have at Ajax.