Gaming E3 2015

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Thought it was overall pretty good from Microsoft. Oh, and Cuphead looks amazing!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
You know, I don't think I've ever heard Alock say something negative against Xbox.
You've never heard me! I have though. I've said more bad about Xbox than lots here have said good about it, even if it still isn't a lot.

I think bar BC year before last year's conference was better... the one where Titanfall looked amazing. And then it came out...
And was amazing for lots. The biggest downfall was it's lack of content. Bigger titles with far less excuses have had similar downsides (Destiny). But it's the best multiplayer shooter this gen so far.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

JackXX

I thought it was pretty solid conference and what I expected really. Problem is if your not a fan of Xbox games like Halo, Forza & Gears then there wouldn't be loads to get you excited but I love those games. The Pirate game looked pretty good and although it was just CGI the game from Keiji Inafune looked very cool. I just wish they had Scalebound there instead of the indie shite. I love the look of Cuphead and Ori was amazing from last year but they should only put games of that quality on show I think. Some of the games they showed full trailers for look really basic.

Cool they have backwards compatability in the works that will be brilliant for old 360 owners and hopefully kills off some of the remasters. ROTR looked really good but most of the interesting stuff was in that final montage. The rare collection will be ok I guess but I don't know if it will be for me. No new Battletoads?

Yea it looked decent, reminds me of odst a bit....
Yea it does have that vibe actually. Like the fireeteams in the campaign should add a lot to the story hopefully.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
They aren't strictly going the emulator route, mostly because the XBone isn't powerful enough for that, so a little work needs doing. I'd expect more and more, though maybe not all. They'll probably mix it up with streaming and all that.
They said 100 games downloadable from 360 disc by end of the year. With how great they have been so far on the software update front there's no reason to doubt them.

Raw

My mistake! I thought they were genuinely going to make some sort of Xbox 360 emulator or something.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Watch the Nintendo World Championships.
This is my point though, that was great because it wasn't just some bloated showcase in a theatre!

feck E3 and anyone who looks like E3.

Bojan11

Also the BC depends on the publishers. Can see quite a few publishers saying no thanks, we rather remaster.

Redlambs

You've never heard me! I have though. I've said more bad about Xbox than lots here have said good about it, even if it still isn't a lot.
Actually, I will vouch for you here. During the amusing Kinect discussions, though you refused (as usual) to listen, you did have reservations.

But since you are a gamer, you can slide anyway :lol:

Redlambs

They said 100 games downloadable from 360 disc by end of the year. With how great they have been so far on the software update front there's no reason to doubt them.
I'm not the one doubting. We knew they were aiming for this all along, like the mods.

But whether every game gets the treatment? I don't know, but at this point it's great they are doing it at all.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Lies, you've got Halo bedsheets and Bill Gates full body pillows. I know that you do, don't you dare lie.

vanthaman

Winner
this would be so much better if you could play with more than 5 transformers

these are the 30 games in RARE Replay

1. Jetpac (released in 1983, 1-2 players) – Single-screen shooter where Jetman must reassemble and fuel his rocket while fending off alien hordes.

2. Atic Atac (released in 1983, 1 player) – Top-down adventure with increased replayability thanks to randomized object locations and three different character classes.

3. Lunar Jetman (released in 1983, 1-2 players) – A return to the Jetpac side-scrolling formula, but with a scrolling, randomly generated landscape and much more to do.

4. Sabre Wulf (released in 1984, 1-2 players) – Classic jungle maze game and the first appearance of explorer Sabreman, tackling dangers including the vicious ’Wulf itself.

5. Underwurlde (released in 1984, 1 player) – Rare’s first true platform game. Help Sabreman survive the perils of the Underwurlde and escape through one of three exits.

6. Knight Lore (released in 1984, 1 player) – Introduction of Ultimate’s groundbreaking isometric Filmation engine. Sabreman must scour the castle for items to cure his werewolf curse.

7. Gunfright (released in 1986, 1-2 players) – A Wild West spin on the isometric style, with an improved engine and new first-person target-shooting sections.

8. Slalom (released in 1987, 1-2 players) – Rare’s first console game. Make it to the bottom of each course before time runs out while avoiding trees, sledders, snowmen and other skiers.

9. R.C. Pro-Am (released in 1988, 1 player) – Responsive racing game that inspired elements of Rare’s future racers, including speed boosts, upgrades and collectible power-ups littered around the track.

10. Cobra Triangle (released in 1989, 1 player) – Hop into a boat and power through a branching game world, completing challenges such as shooting targets, disposing of mines and defeating leviathans.

11. Snake Rattle N Roll (released in 1990, 1-2 players) – A fast-paced isometric adventure. Rattle and Roll must eat Nibbley-Pibbleys until they’re heavy enough to ring a bell and open the exit.

12. Digger T. Rock (released in 1990, 1-2 players) – 2D platformer in which Digger must find an exit switch, stand on it, then make it to the exit in 60 seconds.

13. Solar Jetman (released in 1990, 1 player) – A game built around exploration and physics; Jetman has to tow fuel and other items to his mothership.

14. Battletoads (released in 1991, 1-2 players) – Skill and perseverance required as the ’Toads take on multiple game styles to rescue Pimple and Princess Angelica from the Dark Queen.

15. R.C. Pro-Am II (released in 1992, 1-4 players) – Sequel to R.C. Pro-Am with a wider variety of environments, more car customization options and bonus games.

16. Battletoads Arcade (released in 1994) – First “Battletoads” game to allow all three ‘Toads to play simultaneously. Has never had a home release before “Rare Replay”!

17. Killer Instinct Gold (released in 1996, 1-2 players) – Home version of Killer Instinct 2 with several multiplayer modes (including tournament mode) and a training dojo.

18. Blast Corps (released in 1997, 1 player) – **** classic with a fleet of destructive vehicles (from bulldozers to robots) used to clear the path for a runaway nuclear missile carrier.

19. Banjo-Kazooie (released in 1998, 1 player) – 3D platformer adventure where Banjo and Kazooie must take on the evil witch Gruntilda, who’s kidnapped Banjo’s sister Tooty and plans to steal her beauty for herself.

20. Jet Force Gemini (released in 1999, 1-4 players) – Interstellar action adventure that mixes third-person exploration and alien-blasting action as the last three JFG members go up against Mizar.

21. Perfect Dark (relased in 2000, 1-4 players) – A stealth shooter set in the year 2023. Players lead secret agent Joanna Dark against the dataDyne corporation as they uncover an alien conspiracy that takes her around the world.

22. Banjo-Tooie (released in 2000, 1-4 players) – Builds on Banjo-Kazooie with larger worlds, separately controllable characters, multiplayer modes and many more moves to learn.

23. Conker’s Bad Fur Day (released in 2001, 1-4 players) – Beloved comedy adventure that mixes up genres (platformer, third-person shooting, racing) with mature humor, pop culture references and parodies.

24. Grabbed by the Ghoulies (released in 2003, 1 player) – Rare’s first Xbox game. A comic book beat-’em-up set in a haunted house filled with breakable scenery and Ghoulies of all kinds.

25. Perfect Dark Zero (released in 2005, 1-4 players locally, up to 32 players online) – A prequel to Perfect Dark that delves into Joanna’s origins and fuses first-person shooting with third-person, cover-based combat.

26. Kameo: Elements of Power (released in 2005, 1-2 players locally or online) – A fantasy adventure focused on combat and exploration, with Kameo able to transform into ten different Elemental Warriors.

27. Viva Piñata (released in 2006, 1-2 players locally) – A magical gardening/life sim in which the player can cultivate a garden paradise, attract different Piñatas and keep them safe from Professor Pester and his Ruffians.

28. Jetpac Refuelled (released in 2007, 1-2 players locally or online) – A modern update to Jetpac. Assemble and fuel your rocket before blasting off to the next of 128 challenging stages.

29. Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (released in 2008, 1-2 players locally, up to 4 players online) – A more open-ended, customizable approach to the series with vehicle-based challenges set by L.O.G. (the Lord of Games).

30. Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise (released in 2008, 1-2 players locally or online) – Features new species and Piñata Central challenges, plus desert and arctic regions to visit and catch native Piñatas.

Bojan11

I hope to feck that Sony don't come out and dick wave about how many consoles they sold.

vanthaman

Winner
i hope sony dont spend too long on that waste of space COD

i have no idea who this Jessica Chobot is on the youtube stream, but she is so hawt

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
i hope sony dont spend too long on that waste of space COD

i have no idea who this Jessica Chobot is on the youtube stream, but she is so hawt
I just remember her being in Mass Effect 3 and scratching my head in confusion.

Zen

Awesome selection of backward compatible games. FOR REAL.