Gaming EA FC 24

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Pirlo looks like he's just wondered out of his cabin in the woods, having had no contact with humanity for 20 years, and somebody has slapped a football kit on him and asked him for a photo.

Had to google Argentina 24 to realise that was Enzo.

Marquinhos looks like a Turkish street vendor.

Ronaldinho looks Jamaican.

Izak, Son and Bellingham look photo realistic though.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They've done the female Wolsfburg player dirty though. She's got the 'default 1 blonde female' face.
Popp? Yeah she looks awful. The two female players in the top left also look a bit shit.

Williamson looks a bit generic too.

kps88

Did they also lose the rights to use real life images?

pocco

loco
I was intending on buying this after getting bored of FIFA 23 after a couple of months, but this idea of female and male players in the same team is just shite. Not only is it no longer representative of actual football, but the stats are going to be absolute nonsense.

Are there any alternatives expected? Are FIFA still planning on making their own game?

Big Andy

Bloke
My kids will be all over this. Are they ever going to go down the free to play road, with all the revenue coming from Ultimate Team type game play?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This just makes it look like they're completely focused on Ultimate Team. Build your squad card deck of legendary players and compete with others by playing games of football comparing your card decks.

gormless

I was intending on buying this after getting bored of FIFA 23 after a couple of months, but this idea of female and male players in the same team is just shite. Not only is it no longer representative of actual football, but the stats are going to be absolute nonsense.

Are there any alternatives expected? Are FIFA still planning on making their own game?
this will be the exact same as FIFA just without the name

JP77

Where have they said they’re mixing women and men in the same team?

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
no longer representative of actual football
Have you played FIFA? one player running the length of the pitch doing 10 rainbow flicks, 20 spins, some keepy uppy, then flicking it up and doing a bicycle kick from the edge of the penalty box, which sees it sail over the keeper, who gets in as small a ball as possible. Totally realistic.

Nobody is forcing you to have female players in your team. But EA need to have them in the game, to meet the demands of a sport which is growing in popularity.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Oh my god, that looks terrible. At least Konami just go all in on cartoony bullshit but this is trying to do a mix of both and it looks fecking bad. Haaland looks like a marvel character.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

Can't actually tell if this is serious or not.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Pirlo looks like he's just wondered out of his cabin in the woods, having had no contact with humanity for 20 years, and somebody has slapped a football kit on him and asked him for a photo.
Ted Kaczynski vibes

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Question. Is FIFA going with a different game company and will the new FIFA be the rival game to this EA FC game? A bit like Fifa and Pro Evo?

Surely EA FC doesn't have name licences either?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Question. Is FIFA going with a different game company and will the new FIFA be the rival game to this EA FC game? A bit like Fifa and Pro Evo?

Licenses are separate, they'll have them still (not sure how it works, but remember reading it)

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty

EA FC has kept pretty much all of them because they're separate from Fifa. Only thing of note it's lost is the official World Cup branding, but they can still mimic the format and call it Earth Tournament.

They promised a Fifa game but with no studio attached, it seems unlikely.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
EA FC has kept pretty much all of them because they're separate from Fifa. Only thing of note it's lost is the official World Cup branding, but they can still mimic the format and call it Earth Tournament.

They promised a Fifa game but with no studio attached, it seems unlikely.
FIFA 25 by Naughty Dog. Lead designer @Pexbo.

Fair scoring - if you or the opposition score then the other team will also receive a point, to maintain inclusivity.

Wokevision - everything will look woke.

Lib lobs - all passes, crosses, and shots that are lobbed will now be called Libs from now on.

Agendas - Naughty Dog will automatically set up your agenda at the start of every season/chapter. Should you dare to go against this agenda you will be cancelled.

pocco

loco
Can't actually tell if this is serious or not.
100%. Nothing more than me personally just losing interest in games that get whacky. Like when they bring out shape shifter cards and CBs become the best strikers on earth. Its just me, I just lose interest. I understand why they're doing it, they need to get female players in, but if they're kept separate then the women's ultimate team will die of death. So they're throwing them all together.

pocco

loco
Have you played FIFA? one player running the length of the pitch doing 10 rainbow flicks, 20 spins, some keepy uppy, then flicking it up and doing a bicycle kick from the edge of the penalty box, which sees it sail over the keeper, who gets in as small a ball as possible. Totally realistic.

Nobody is forcing you to have female players in your team. But EA need to have them in the game, to meet the demands of a sport which is growing in popularity.
Yes, see above.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Did they had to make this game for the ground up? Or do they get to keep everything they had for FIFA23?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
FIFA 25 by Naughty Dog. Lead designer @Pexbo.

Fair scoring - if you or the opposition score then the other team will also receive a point, to maintain inclusivity.

Wokevision - everything will look woke.

Lib lobs - all passes, crosses, and shots that are lobbed will now be called Libs from now on.

Agendas - Naughty Dog will automatically set up your agenda at the start of every season/chapter. Should you dare to go against this agenda you will be cancelled.
:lol:

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
So glad I managed to get out of the fifa trap a few years ago, hardly played them since. Usually give it a go for a week or so and they just haven't improved at all

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Did they had to make this game for the ground up? Or do they get to keep everything they had for FIFA23?
They'll keep everything. It's their engine and they have all the licences negotiated.

Literally the only thing they've lost is the rights to use Fifa branding and that of the Fifa competitions, which basically means the world cup. Even then there's nothing stopping them adding a tournament that completely copies the format and calling it something else, just like they did when they briefly lost the UEFA licence.