Music Ed Sheeran

Hectic

Supports
30fps
He's a little mutant. I want to find a home for him on another planet.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I wonder how old Stanley is. Probably explains it. Even then it's an odd opinion. He sings mostly soft guitar music. It's hardly a genre you can understand somebody not liking.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
A Team is suspiciously much better than all of his other songs. In general I find them quite boring and empty. Must be a thousand talented people with guitars out there who could wright songs that sound as good and have far more meaningful lyrics.

In fairness though his hair reminds me of myself.

Biscuit1871

A Team is by far one of his poorer songs. Find him generally ok albeit sometimes a tad dull. Am however a big fan of his collaberations, particularly with Wiley and Dot Rotten.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I'm with Stanley, he's quite clearly an enormous cnut.

His songs are like being stung by a bee in the ear.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
A Team is by far one of his poorer songs. Find him generally ok albeit sometimes a tad dull. Am however a big fan of his collaberations, particularly with Wiley and Dot Rotten.
A Team seems to have been written by someone else.

Literally all of his other songs make him sound like some A-level English student trying to write poems about things he doesn't understand.

I did quite like a couple of the collaberations.

Biscuit1871

I just find it's a bit of a dull song. To be fair that may be in part due to it being played to death.

Stanley Road

Renaissance Man
I was listening to Pete Seeger and Woodie Guthrie yesterday and while they sing about depressing subjects and times of poverty, you cant help tapping your foot and occasionally shouting "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar"

Sheeran could take a perfectly happy subject and have me reaching for the scalpel or rope

Minkaro

Don't mind listening to a song at a time, but I tried sitting through his album on Spotify and got bored after a few songs.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Bit harsh, I think he's pretty good, he's no Paolo Nutini or John Mayer, who I think are two of the best solo artists going right now, but he's certainly talented.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Oh God no Jesus.... 'ooohaaaah' music. Ooooooooooooh AAAAAAaaaaahhhh. And it gets worse, a white man trying to do black. Ginger and that. Then because you point out he's shit and his lyrics are even more shit cos he's got 0.0 life experience apart from listening to the old oooh aaah music shite we had to endure all through the 80's & 90's (take note of that you wipper snappers!) you get blasted. Ed Sheeran? Ed Shite more like.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
So what, are you trying to say that all black artists from the 40s to the 70s were connected to the slave trade that started that particular musical tradition?

Forget it. Sure, soul, blues and disco were influenced by the various folk and spiritual movements of the 19th century but they weren't direct offshoots of it.