Music Ed Sheeran

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Sheeran is as good as proof as any that sales are a bad measure of quality. It ain't a generational thing either as every decade has mega-popular mainstream trash.

What that piece really indicates is how much the mechanics behind getting a #1 have changed in the last 15 years or so.
The fact that the charts now accept streams as well as sales, when streaming services heavily weigh your random playlist based on an artist's popularity and how much their promoters pay to be bumped up the list just shows how flawed the whole thing is.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The fact that the charts now accept streams as well as sales, when streaming services heavily weigh your random playlist based on an artist's popularity and how much their promoters pay to be bumped up the list just shows how flawed the whole thing is.
Yep. Plus you've also had the trend of artists including albums with merchandise as a way of registering more "sales", to the point where Billboard will be discounting such sales from 2020 on unless they meet certain pricing requirements.

United Hobbit

Shape of You makes me want to kill myself.
Same, add to that Sing and the one where he met the girl. Unfortunately work have Heart on the radio and they love these songs.

I did quite like some of his more recent stuff surprisingly, such as Beautiful People. I also like Perfect

Last edited:

Moiraine

More bearable and miles better than Justin Bieber.

I love this track if him...

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wouldn't mind us being sponsored by a band.

Imagine having Kendrick Lamar or Little Mix on our shirts

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Is he gonna move on to like square root signs and what not soon?

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I love Ed. I mean he's no James Corden, but a musical genius for sure.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Harmless really, presume he's a fan.

Better than another club having Paddy Power or William Hill plastered across the shirt.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Just publicly dissed Bud Light on Crouchy's Euros show. Will it have the Ronaldo effect?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I don’t get the hate for him.

He’s a bloke with a guitar, his success should be a great tale for thousands of musicians around the world.

He seems a decent enough lad, and his music ranges from inoffensive to not bad without being annoying; Galway Girl aside.

Why does he strike up such anger?

Old Ma Crow

He’s a bloke with a guitar, his success should be a great tale for thousands of musicians around the world.

He seems a decent enough lad, and his music ranges from inoffensive to not bad without being annoying; Galway Girl aside.

Cos he’s ginger?

Just publicly dissed Bud Light on Crouchy's Euros show. Will it have the Ronaldo effect?
Did he? Wasnt it the beating company sponsor - although he was actually pretty diplomatic.

came across really well on that show. Seems like a good guy.

Not onto his music, and it’s easy enough to ignore.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I saw him beside Beckham for the Germany match and all I could think was you bastard, you don't deserve that privilege.

Pure jealously mind.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

It's because his entire "I was living rough for two years" and "had to break into the industry" story is a load of shit...

- Grandfather is old school friends with Francis Monroe, a executive board member at Atlantic Records (where Ed used to be signed)
- It's well documented that his upbringing was more privileged than he claims thanks to his grandparent's incredible wealth.
- Not to mention that they were really big into blood stone mining.
- Goes without saying that they screwed over a lot of employees, just like Ed does with his co-writers that never get their deserved plaudits.
- Every mention of his real family history gets purged on Google unless you plow through mass lists of sychophantic paff.
- Really, I can't spell it out any further.