Ed Woodward has resigned from Manchester United | 2024: Returns to football

Godfather

On the one hand this has been my wet dream for years.

On the other hand we should be careful what we wish for. Woodward has been hilariously incompetent for years, yet the owners tolerated a record amount of spending without real structural sporting success and countless amounts of questionable decision making.

Makes you wonder what kind of talentless stooge they will put in charge of our club now.
Sums my feelings up as well

Avero

If 3 million Man Utd fans got together they could probably buy the club for 1000£ each

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Pressure on Ed will be too big I assume, he'll step down before the end of 2021 surely

FcUnitedRed

Supports
Glazers Out
Holy shit balls!!

1 cnut down, a few more weazels to go!!

I cannot contain my excitement any longer, five knuckle shuffle coming right up.

Gasolin

Ed Woodward was the Glazers' right-hand man from the very beginning. Whatever Woodward did was in the best interests of the Glazers. If he's getting sacked, either the Glazers are completely changing their tune, or they're looking to move on from United. I'm hoping (and slightly expecting) the latter, but that's mostly because I don't know who else the Glazers would hire as the vice-chairman (unless Joel wants to run the club himself).
That's one option. They should try to hire back Gill or maybe ask Van der Sar but you're right, it's complicated. We probably don't need to sell as much as Inter or maybe FSB, but we are in the same boat, our golden cash cow plan is gone so we need to win on the pitch now. Maybe even invest, God, life is so difficult!!! :lol:

Gasolin

Then they should just feck off and sell to more interested owners.
They should but who? We need a 50+1 rule implemented now so that we can finally have some serious conversation about what's the plan. We need to invest, and they need to take back their bloody LBO debt.

Tyrion

Oh It's been worth it anyway. Now they have shown their hand to the world, I feel this is the beginning of the end for the Glazers here. God knows what follows though.
I really hope so. This shows that these clubs (and not just them) have become businesses and the private property of billionaires and not clubs. I honestly think most fans have just been pretending otherwise.

Lee565

Now I understand what florentine Perez meant by the esl being the saviour of football.

In all seriousness though on one hand Woodward was incompetent in running the football side of the club but he was very good on the commercial side of it, still I am very happy he has gone.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
One last time for posterity, feck you all the way to hell and back you spineless, chinless, gormless, sackless, parasitic surrey banker wanker. You can eat the peanuts out of my shit on your way out.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I love it all

Can someone transpose the audio of Neville squealing when Mata scored his 2nd at Juanfield to videos of Ed Woodward resigning? Because that's all I keep hearing in my head since I saw the news.

blue blue

Supports
chelsea
Glazers in deep poop in the morning when the share price plummets.