Eden Hazard | "I am signing for Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Eric

Just wondering, kourox, how is Hazard doing this season ? Not much news about this Belgian Prodigy... Thought he would be widely linked last season even though he just extended his contract.
I think that's mainly because both club and player made it clear neither were looking for a transfer this summer.

I'm just watching him play as we speak. He's doing ok but not briljantly. The whole team actually.

The few times that I saw him play lately (including the Belgian national team) I got the feeling that there's still alot to be done physically. He's quite small and doesn't really look strong. Not sure if he'd do well in a physical league like the Premier League at this moment.

Technically he's very gifted though and he's also quite an intelligent player.

King_Eric

Difficult to say since I rarely see Sanchez play. Based on his world cup games, I'd pick Sanchez at this moment I think. He seems to be a bit further in his development.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Just wondering, kourox, how is Hazard doing this season ? Not much news about this Belgian Prodigy... Thought he would be widely linked last season even though he just extended his contract.
He's doing well.Not close to hit the top form but he's getting there.His team have struggled a little bit this start of the season and his coach still wants to protect him despite the clear fact he can't afford to do so as he's become invaluable to them.
I would love to see him in a United shirt as he comes across as a very intelligent young man on and off the pitch

Epic

Would be an amazing signing. Think he's ready for a step up, even though lacks a bit of consistency due du his tender age.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
This guy is an absolute monster, you'd watch Lille games just to see him going on with his tricks

Drifter

American
Eden Hazard has admitted he will consider his future at the end of the season, not in January, prompting speculation he is holding out for a move to Manchester United.

Earlier this week he ruled out a move in January, saying he was happy at Ligue 1 leaders Lille, but he has left it open for a move in the summer.

Liverpool have been heavily linked with the player as Roy Hodgson gets ready to overhaul his playing squad and had been hoping to sign the Belgian in the coming transfer window.

However, hazard has seemingly played into their Old Trafford rivals by throwing his long term future into doubt.

Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled out Manchester United signing any players in January but they will be on the lookout once the season is over – especially if they do not regain their Premier League crown.

Hazard said: “I have spoken with Lille and the matter is clear. I will not abandon the team in January.

"I am flattered by all the rumours linking me with so many big clubs but I will determine my future at the end of the season.”

However, new Liverpool owner John W Henry has also suggested a January spending spree is unlikely, so the Anfield club could still move for Hazard in january.

The American said: “We have work to do and must invest in this club to improve it on the field. Can that be successfully done in January? A number of people I've talked with doubt it.

“Most people seem to think it will be the summer before we can really begin to improve.”

So it will be an interesting tussle between the two rivals, Liverpool and Manchester United, when the summer transfer window opens.

kouroux

He's on cracking form these last few matches.The displays he's made are incredible.Lille's most important attacking player and despite what the coach says about not being dependent on him, it surely does help to have him.He didn't start well but now it's hard to stop him

Ballache

Supports
Martial
This guy is an absolute monster, you'd watch Lille games just to see him going on with his tricks
He's on cracking form these last few matches.The displays he's made are incredible.Lille's most important attacking player and despite what the coach says about not being dependent on him, it surely does help to have him.He didn't start well but now it's hard to stop him
neer really seen him play, but many on here seem to rate him. What kinda player is he? who is he similar too?

kouroux

He's similar to Ronaldinho in his younger years when he had pace.He's full of tricks but also a great passing vision for his age.When he dribbles you don't feel like it's unnecessary and he releases the ball more often not at the right time.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He's similar to Ronaldinho in his younger years when he had pace.He's full of tricks but also a great passing vision for his age.When he dribbles you don't feel like it's unnecessary and he releases the ball more often not at the right time.
From the few youtube clips I've seen of him (:D), his style seems more similar to Cristiano Ronaldo than Ronaldinho.

Jase

If we got Hazard that would probably mean no Sanchez or Ninis.
And that would be okay, wouldn't it?

I do like the look of Sanchez though. I've never watched Ninis play.

I thought Hazard was fairly Madrid-bound, but who knows perhaps they'll settle with Ozil, Di Maria, Canales and the like for a while.

It's funny how nothing in that article specifially implies he's holding out for a move to United. But let's hope.

Devil may care

And that would be okay, wouldn't it?

I do like the look of Sanchez though. I've never watched Ninis play.

I thought Hazard was fairly Madrid-bound, but who knows perhaps they'll settle with Ozil, Di Maria, Canales and the like for a while.

It's funny how nothing in that article specifially implies he's holding out for a move to United. But let's hope.
Oh yeah I wouldn't be complaining if Hazard came as opposed to either of the other two, although part of me wonders if Sanchez may be better suited to the Prem.

Zidane was pimping Hazard to Madrid a while back but looking at what they have I can't see them gong for him now.

kouroux

From the few youtube clips I've seen of him (:D), his style seems more similar to Cristiano Ronaldo than Ronaldinho.
Ronaldinho in his younger years was like the Ronaldo you thought of.The style of play is there but Hazard's passing is currently even better Ronaldo of right now never mind before

Devil may care

Liverpool warned by Zinedine Zidane over race with Real Madrid for Eden Hazard | Mail Online
Zinedine Zidane has warned Liverpool that they face a fight to sign Belgium wonderkid Eden Hazard.

The Merseysiders have been impressed by the 19-year-old Lille playmaker, but his performances have also been noted at the Bernabeu.

France legend Zidane, an adviser to Real Madrid president Florentino Perez, admitted: ‘What he has been doing for his club has been extraordinary. Would it be possible to see him one day in Madrid? It may be.’

Arsenal and Manchester United have also tracked Hazard, who is already approaching 20 full international caps despite being a teenager.

Lille president Michel Seydoux admitted last week that he was braced for bids after Liverpool scouts watched the 5ft 7in midfielder ooze class during the side’s 2-1 win over Monaco.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Id strongly advise any young promising winger to stay well clear of Liverpool especially with their recent history with wide players, Benitez managed to turn a fantastic prospect in Ryan Babel into a kick and rush waste of space with absolutely no confidence to play.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
True we have been poor with wide players, and true we are at a very low ebb at the moment. But our new owners have to sell the club to him by promising funds and a successful manager (no offence to Roy but he's not reknown for trophies or style of play).

What Zidane says is fair enough too, but which one of the the three benches would Hazard occupy at Real Madrid? Would Hazard want to risk full-on playing time for basically signing for the Spanish Chelsea squad? Man Utd would probably be his best destination but I don't think you can afford him and strengthen elsewhere (plus you have those positions covered anyway next season).

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
But isn't Hazard more of a 'hole' playing striker that's good on the wings? I wouldn't have thought he was a straight Scholes replacement, which is what you might be looking for in the summer. Just guessing at this stage.

Allforone

True we have been poor with wide players, and true we are at a very low ebb at the moment. But our new owners have to sell the club to him by promising funds and a successful manager (no offence to Roy but he's not reknown for trophies or style of play).

What Zidane says is fair enough too, but which one of the the three benches would Hazard occupy at Real Madrid? Would Hazard want to risk full-on playing time for basically signing for the Spanish Chelsea squad? Man Utd would probably be his best destination but I don't think you can afford him and strengthen elsewhere (plus you have those positions covered anyway next season).
Wouldn't surprise me if City went for him, id love us to sign him of course hes an amazing talent and with Giggs retiring soon hed be a great option to have along with Nani and Valencia, trouble is as you correctly point out another winger will not be a priority right now not when we already have 2 very good ones and have far more pressing areas in need of investment.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Wouldn't surprise me if City went for him, id love us to sign him of course hes an amazing talent and with Giggs retiring soon hed be a great option to have along with Nani and Valencia, trouble is as you correctly point out another winger will not be a priority right now not when we already have 2 very good ones and have far more pressing areas in need of investment.
The thing is ala Ronaldinho or Zizou at Real or Pires at Arsenal, he is more than just a winger. He'd be a classic wide playmaker.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
But isn't Hazard more of a 'hole' playing striker that's good on the wings? I wouldn't have thought he was a straight Scholes replacement, which is what you might be looking for in the summer. Just guessing at this stage.
That is exactly why I m a little skeptical of us spending around 20M for two keepers this year. We bought Lindegaard for 3.5M and now we are in pole position to sign Neuer for 16M. I think we need to spend to strengthen our midfield and give PIG a chance to prove himself next year.

Allforone

The thing is ala Ronaldinho or Zizou at Real orPiers at Arsenal, he is more than just a winger. He'd be a classic wide playmaker.
You've probably seen him more than i have so are better placed to judge hes clearly a very talented player who is comfortable right across the front line, in the games ive seen him play hes generally operated from the left wing.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
You've probably seen him more than i have so are better placed to judge hes clearly a very talented player who is comfortable right across the front line, in the games ive seen him play hes generally operated from the left wing.
Which is what I was alluding to. Any one who signs him would be getting a wide play maker ala Pires or Ronaldinho. Sometimes its not a bad idea to have your 'Scholes' out wide.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
It would've been all cool with Tosic in the left wing and Hazard on the right.

but... :(

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
It would've been all cool with Tosic in the left wing and Hazard on the right.

but... :(
We took the family route instead. Nani on the left, Bebe on the right, Mame upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.