Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
There's zero reason to trust in a good faith answer, but feck it I'm curious.

2014/15 and 2016/17.
He will probably go with Harry Kane and David De Gea.
You could even of added his last season, 2018/2019 season.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
You see as a United fan I didn't really fear Hazard that much. We knew he was a good player obviously but you could nullify him and when you did he would be anonymous. Ronaldo on the other hand simply destroyed everyone and was sensational in every area, even in the air.

I just don't see Hazard as ever really being the best internationally or in the CL as you pointed out. The very best players tear everything apart and as shown over in Spain he's dramatically fallen short.
You can nullify loads of players though. We use to nullify Messi in alot of games, doesn't change my opinion of him. You have David Silva as a premier league great, was he great agains't you every time you played him?, Were you fearful?
I mean most Man Utd fans love Bruno and he has loads of quiet games. KDB and Bruno are two of the best players in the league, De Bruyne had a shocker VS you guys a few weeks ago. If thats Hazard it gets remembered for the next 70 years.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
You can nullify loads of players though. We use to nullify Messi in alot of games, doesn't change my opinion of him. You have David Silva as a premier league great, was he great agains't you every time you played him?, Were you fearful?
Yeah the Ronaldo comment was strange as he switched wings for Chelsea games due to how much Cole had the measure of him.

El Jefe

Alexis Sanchez, Kante, Aguero, Kane
Tbf there hasn't been an undisputed best player in the PL probably since Suarez left in 2014.You could say KDB this season but then the competition is a lot weaker than previous years.

From 2014 to 2019 when Hazard left, you'd have to say he's in the top 4 best players along with Kane, KDB and Salah as the best during that period. Not upset at any of those four being seen as the best.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Tbf there hasn't been an undisputed best player in the PL probably since Suarez left in 2014.You could say KDB this season but then the competition is a lot weaker than previous years.

From 2014 to 2019 when Hazard left, you'd have to say he's in the top 4 best players along with Kane, KDB and Salah as the best during that period. Not upset at any of those four being seen as the best.
Mané was arguably the best player in the league last season. He keeps getting overlooked in discussions like these.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
None of whom carried a team close to the heights Hazard did. Kante was obviously great in 16/17 but Hazard was the actual catalyst for that title.
2014/15 Chelsea had Fabregas Costa, Matic. 2017 had Kante Costa. All these were great in their title runs.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
2014/15 Chelsea had Fabregas Costa, Matic. 2017 had Kante Costa. All these were great in their title runs.
Costa missed most of the second half of 2014/15 through injury and in 16/17 his form fell off a cliff post-January when he was sulking after Chelsea wouldn't sell him to China. In both cases, Hazard carried the team to the title. Fabregas and Kante in those years were also great but nowhere near as influential as Hazard. Don't think this is even debatable in the slightest - and certainly shouldn't lend credence to the argument that Sanchez or Kane were better those years.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Costa missed most of the second half of 2014/15 through injury and in 16/17 his form fell off a cliff post-January when he was sulking after Chelsea wouldn't sell him to China. In both cases, Hazard carried the team to the title. Fabregas and Kante in those years were also great but nowhere near as influential as Hazard. Don't think this is even debatable in the slightest - and certainly shouldn't lend credence to the argument that Sanchez or Kane were better those years.
Hazard had a decent team behind him in Chelsea, while Sanchez and Kane had to carry a much weaker team and still delivered

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In the 14/15 run in our form went out the window and we were carried by Hazard and Courtois.

Without them forget the title top four would have run into trouble.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Hazard had a decent team behind him in Chelsea, while Sanchez and Kane had to carry a much weaker team and still delivered
Stick to the Bundesliga. Lets punish Hazard because he played in a a better team than Kane and Sanchez.

Bearded One

What’s up with Hazard these days and why have his performances fallen off a cliff?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Would take him back in a heartbeat. They say moving to real madrid is great on paper, but not always in reality.

I think Eden may be experiencing that.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What’s up with Hazard these days and why have his performances fallen off a cliff?
He probably suffered a career ending injury on January 2020 vs PSG in CL.

He then had surgery on the same ankle that had been injured during his time at Chelsea, and has had other multiple injuries derived from complications related with this.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Decent cameo on his return last night.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Good to see him back. It's always bad for the sport if players like him have such injury crises

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I come early to the thread because tonight it will be impossible to get a sit
The match invites to imagine a leading role, for being the reborn or for confirming him as fat and lame. He has to be super motivated so I bet on a brilliant match

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
£100m rising to £140m for an unmotivated chubby bloke who had one year left on his contract. Has there been a bigger flop in football?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
£100m rising to £140m for an unmotivated chubby bloke who had one year left on his contract. Has there been a bigger flop in football?
Alexis Sanchez will always be worse than anyone else for me

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Zidane should bring him on in the second half.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
He is done. Might score an odd goal now and then, but his explosiveness, agility, burst of pace is all gone and when your main strength is to beat others and cause havoc running at them that is a death kneel.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's funnier the commentary thought he would be good tonight. Would be fantastic one season and then take 12 months off as a reward, time and time again.

Was never going to handle the pressure that comes with Real. Barely any pressure at Chelsea externally.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
It's funnier the commentary thought he would be good tonight. Would be fantastic one season and then take 12 months off as a reward, time and time again.

Was never going to handle the pressure that comes with Real. Barely any pressure at Chelsea externally.
It's not the pressure he looks physically done

simplyared

Unrecognizable so far. Cannot believe seeing such a decline in a player. He carried Chelsea on his shoulders ffs not too long ago. At least play him out on the left Zidane.

el3mel

I can't believe what I'm seeing today. I swear at least Sanchez was trying or something. Hazard isn't even trying, he's a ghost on the pitch.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Alexis Sanchez will always be worse than anyone else for me
whilst were talking about who's less shit Sanchez was better for us and then Inter than Hazard has been for Real

Plus we didn't actually pay a transfer fee for him

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What about £142 million for a player who doesn’t play for you, who you then loan out, and he contributes a final humiliation towards you in a big CL tie while still being your own player?

It’s a close run race!