Eden Hazard | Real Madrid Confirm the signing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Knew I should have added an emoji in my original post as I wasnt entirely serious. :)

Always thought Giroud is under rated but as thats off topic never mind.

Madrids new look attack is going to be pretty decent :(.
And all cost under 150m.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Chelsea should have got extra 30 million just pointing at Morata deal 2 years ago.

Madrid are pretty good when it comes to negotiating (both in & out). 88 million for a player of his quality in this market is a good deal. 1 year on the contract or not. Think he will be great for them.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Wondering what £40m addon details are?

Looking forward to watching RM next season, with Hazard, Jovic and Probably Eriksen, + the CB they already signed and maybe one or two others they'll improve a lot. Going to be interesting.

We need an rvn

£130m with only 1 year left on his contract and 28 years old, well done Chelsea! Wouldn't call it a steal at all but looks like Real are going all out and not caring about age / contract length etc, it's a summer of spending to overhaul the squad.

Woody would have sold him for £50m and paid off the last year of his contract.

Woody, see Chelsea and now do the same with DDG!

passing-wind

That's good business by Chelsea fair enough he's their best player but atleast they have sunken more of the Madrid finances.

Incredible how easily they have signed more or less Jovic / Hazard who collectively are quality players. We are stuck without a clear indication of who is available in the window, and it's looking like a typical transfer of players being rushed in at the last minute starting the season terribly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If they are not banned they have to go after Sancho. Basically his footballing child.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The only person I've ever seen given that freedom at Madrid is Ronaldo, and arguably Zidane. Let's not pretend Hazard is anywhere near those two.
Hazard individually is more dangerous than Zidane.

He earns respect from defenders so they'll stay back and mark him - thus allowing him to cheat/rest. If they don't, he will punish them on the counter.

Making him run back chasing fullbacks and wearing out his energy won't help the team more.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
£130m with only 1 year left on his contract and 28 years old, well done Chelsea! Wouldn't call it a steal at all but looks like Real are going all out and not caring about age / contract length etc, it's a summer of spending to overhaul the squad.

It says 88 million £! You have no idea what the addons are for. The addons could be goals pr. season. Balon D'or. League win or CL win.

And I hope he end up costing 130 Million £! That would mean he has been a great succes and RM has won titles.

And It's not any random 28 years old player who has 1 years left of his contract. We are talking about Eden Hazard! Chelsea asked for a price around 200 million £ last season. Base price of 88 million is not at all bad for a player like him.

Compare it to other transfers. United got Fred for around 50, Lukaku for around 70-80. We sold Morata for 70+.

This is a great deal. Hope it's confirmed soon. The only player I would rather have other then Hazard is Mbappe.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Hazard individually is more dangerous than Zidane.

He earns respect from defenders so they'll stay back and mark him - thus allowing him to cheat/rest. If they don't, he will punish them on the counter.

Making him run back chasing fullbacks and wearing out his energy won't help the team more.
There is no doubt Hazard will be the biggest offensive star in the team. And thus Zidane will make sure Hazard is given best possible conditions to succeed.

And since when has RM offensive stars been restricted to a system?

Last edited by a moderator:

Pierluigi Casiraghi

He's had huge freedom to play as he pleases at Chelsea and he's not good enough to get that at Madrid.
Totally disagree. He's a wonderful player by any measure, ridiculously good dribbling and composure in front of goal to rival any striker in the world. will immediately be Madrid's best player.

Reactions: Mciahel Goodman

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I always think this 1 year left stuff is made out to be worth more than it actually is.

Fact is after Ronaldo, Neymar and Messi, Hazard is the best around, maybe alongside Salah.

If we had a 28 year old Ronaldo with 1 year left on his contract, and someone offered £88m, I'd rather just keep him and try to get him to sign another contract. If he goes he goes, but with £80m you'll get players like CHO or Pulisic for £60m as replacements - good but nowhere near the same league
Easy to say with a crystal ball.

dove

I just dont think he has that drive anymore, more like last big paycheck move.

Plus it's very rare for a 28 yo not to decline naturally. He might still be a class player but i just dont see uim as the 100m worth player for long
He always wanted to play for Real Madrid and I don't think he will earn much more than he would have at Chelsea had he extended a contract so surely he doesn't move for a paycheck. Also I don't see him declining that quickly, he doesn't rely on physical attributes much anyway.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
He always wanted to play for Real Madrid and I don't think he will earn much more than he would have at Chelsea had he extended a contract so surely he doesn't move for a paycheck. Also I don't see him declining that quickly, he doesn't rely on physical attributes much anyway.
There's no such thing as not relying on physical attributes in top flight football. Maybe he doesnt sprint much but muscle, reflex, etc depreciates aling with age. And that milisecond slower adds up.

Well... i guess we shall see

humdinger

Great news. He’s absolutely magic and scared me every time we played Chelsea. I think they’ll struggle without him.

-Supreme-

Plus it's very rare for a 28 yo not to decline naturally. He might still be a class player but i just dont see uim as the 100m worth player for long
So you have basically gone from...

1. "Hazard is finished in top football"
2. "He might still be a class player"
3. "Don't see him as the 100m worth player for long"

...in the space of 1 hour

So you rate him as 100m player right now

:lol:

RoyH1

I don’t know about the drive, but I think with modern training and nutrition, a player shouldn’t be declining at 28.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Okay so this basically means Bale is about to be announced by United. I can see it already. This signing will push Bale out the door. Great bit of business for both parties I feel (for Chelsea and RM).

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If they do that, they'll be sorely disappointed going from Ronaldo to Hazard.
Problem is there's no one else good enough to replace Ronaldo.

The Nani

I said a few weeks ago that I expected the London clubs to dig their heels in. Zidane is kidding himself over signing Pogba. He'd go for more than Hazard surely. And I doubt Levy will let Eriksen go for much less than Hazard's base fee.

Crazy for a 28 year old with one year remaining. Although I expect Hazard will still be brilliant as a #10 well into his early 30's. As long as he can handle the pressure at Madrid.

And just like that Chelsea are now bang average.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The one thing that might be interesting to see in this is how he will react if he doesn't have an immediate impact and the, famously patient, Madrid fans get on his back.

Righteous Steps

The one thing that might be interesting to see in this is how he will react if he doesn't have an immediate impact and the, famously patient, Madrid fans get on his back.
Madrid don’t get on the back of players like Hazard his game is too romantic not based around stats.

BridgeBanter

Supports
Chelsea
Thank feck he is gone. A truly great little player that should have been playing for us. Should have left much sooner you prick.
Considering Ronaldo gave all his best years to Madrid..I’d say him leaving UTD was worse

Cloud7

This is a steal of a deal for Madrid. Getting the second best player in the league for not much more than we paid for Lukaku, or much less than what Barcelona paid for Coutinho, for example. Last year of his contract or not, this is still a great price for Hazard.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think it's a deal where the clubs can be equally happy. It's a great fee given the circumstances, whilst buying a player of this level is a no-brainer for this money.

Linchpin

On one hand yes it's a great amount for Chelsea to get considering his contract situation but at the same time there isn't anybody that's on his level they could get for the money, not even close. Hazard has carried them on his back so many times. So Real still win this one in my opinion.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Okay so this basically means Bale is about to be announced by United. I can see it already. This signing will push Bale out the door. Great bit of business for both parties I feel (for Chelsea and RM).
Is it worth getting Bale foe a season or two while waiting for Sancho to join, pretty clear Sancho won't move in this window and Bale on the right would be an upgrade for you, maybe take him for an Ibra amount of time!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Woody is from the School of Buy high, Sell low.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Tbf. Judging from the Matchday thread contributions, I would be inclined to think that the Madridistas are a tad more patient with their players than ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.