Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

You on a mission to piss me off or something?

2:30 - Not his objective to try and score 40 or 50 goals, wants to be himself and too fecking right with the talent he's got.

He's very generous with his play, if he sees a pass on, he'll take it, and 20 goals a season is more than acceptable. If he wanted to I reckon he could very easily be a 30 goal a season player for us. He won't ever be as good as Messi as he's simply a once in a lifetime player, and whether he'll ever be as good as Ronaldo I don't know, but he's already a better dribbler and starting to have an influence on the big games, and that's without scoring goals.

Skys the limit for him, whether you like it or not.
Nope, it's just that you keep making posts I find hilarious. The way you phrased that makes it sound like you think the only reason he can't win the Ballon d'Or or reach their level is because he doesn't want to, not, you know, because he's not remotely as good as them.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
So he could very easily become a 30 goal a season player, if he wanted to. But he doesn't want to. Why? Because he doesn't like winning matches?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
He was actually pretty average yesterday by his standards. When he's playing at his best he is simply unplayable, and I've never seen another Chelsea player I could say that about (although Zola came close at times).
Drogba, surely?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City

2:30 - Not his objective to try and score 40 or 50 goals, wants to be himself and too fecking right with the talent he's got.

He's very generous with his play, if he sees a pass on, he'll take it, and 20 goals a season is more than acceptable. If he wanted to I reckon he could very easily be a 30 goal a season player for us. He won't ever be as good as Messi as he's simply a once in a lifetime player, and whether he'll ever be as good as Ronaldo I don't know, but he's already a better dribbler and starting to have an influence on the big games, and that's without scoring goals.

That's what every player says. Has Messi/Ronaldo ever come out and said his objective is to score 40/50 goals?

And if Hazard could score 30 goals a season, he would be doing it already, you can't seriously think the only thing stopping him from doing so is that he just doesn't want to :lol:

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Not even close. Drogba was an amazing striker and deadly when he was on form, but he didn't have the raw ability of a player like Hazard.
Hmmm. Seriously disagree, when Drogba was up for it he was more unplayable than Hazard has ever been in his career so far.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
Not even close. Drogba was an amazing striker and deadly when he was on form, but he didn't have the raw ability of a player like Hazard.
Are you sure? I think Drogba is the very definition of an unplayable player. Any of his performances vs Barca, Arsenal, Munich, or Liverpool really show this for a start.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hazard is great talent wise but well over rated in terms of what he has actually produced on a regular basis!

mufcwarm92

He's brilliant and could well be a future Ballon d'Or winner but I don't think he has that aura about him where you feel he might be impossible to stop if he's firing on all cylinders.

From the outside in Drogba is probably the only Chelsea player I've felt like that about. Lampard was ridiculously consistent but I never thought he had that sheer level of talent to be fearful of. Terry and Makelele were obviously great too but not in positions where we needed to stop them. Zola was brilliant but Chelsea weren't the same side so it didn't seem as much of an issue and Robben despite his early brilliance probably wasn't quite there at that age either.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Drogba was unplayable at times - just a brilliant mix of skill, class and raw power.

Having said that my opinion may be skewed somewhat as the SoB really loved (please be past-tense) playing Arsenal, so I've seen him destroy us first hand many-a time.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
As for Hazard - he definitely has the potential to be unplayable. Once he fully develops his game, especially his finishing, he will be untouchable. It's already impossible to get the ball off him.

Out of the two prodigies Goetz and Hazard I think I would prefer Hazard in my team.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
He's a fantastic talent, I prefer his talent to Di Maria's though I feel any comparison between to the two is debatable. I read the tiers you had and he honesty hasn't done enough to justify being in the same tier ad the likes of Robben, Silva, Aguero etc. He is in the tier below. He isn't a player who naturally has the same ruthless streak as the likes of Ronaldo, Robben, bale even. He does't set out to punish teams game in game out. Once he gains that mentality (and it is already starting to happen) he will the be in the conversation with the best players in the world in terms of performance and ability.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
He's a fantastic talent, I prefer his talent to Di Maria's though I feel any comparison between to the two is debatable. I read the tiers you had and he honesty hasn't done enough to justify being in the same tier ad the likes of Robben, Silva, Aguero etc. He is in the tier below. He isn't a player who naturally has the same ruthless streak as the likes of Ronaldo, Robben, bale even. He does't set out to punish teams game in game out. Once he gains that mentality (and it is already starting to happen) he will the be in the conversation with the best players in the world in terms of performance and ability.
Genuine question, what have those two done to be ranked either above Hazard and also on a par with Robben etc? They've done feck all in Europe.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
They've both won the Premier League a couple of times to be fair.
It's a fair point but I don't think it's a great measure of a player. How the top players get on against other top sides is a massive factor for me (Aguero is usually class against top English teams) in deciding which players are the best. Currently I'd have all three below the likes of Robben.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's a fair point but I don't think it's a great measure of a player. How the top players get on against other top sides is a massive factor for me (Aguero is usually class against top English teams) in deciding which players are the best. Currently I'd have all three below the likes of Robben.
Agreed.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Hazard's good but he's getting overrated here. Better than Neymar? You're having a laugh.

David Silva > Hazard.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Robben is a lot older and has had a lot aimed at him in the past in terms of his performances against big teams.

Silva has had some great games for City against big teams, and pretty sure he played a big part in Spains 2012 Euros win. Think he was 2nd on assists for the tournament.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Genuine question, what have those two done to be ranked either above Hazard and also on a par with Robben etc? They've done feck all in Europe.
More like what Hazard done ? He hasn't done anything to establish himself like the other two have so I wouldn't put them on the same tier. Silva has been one of the best midfielders in Europe for the last 4/5 years a Euro 2012 winner with Spain and has won the Premiership twice with City. Same Aguero has been a top player in Europe for the last 4/5 years and won the league twice with City, both played key parts. Hazard has played his best football in France thus far, he has a ways to go to prove himself. He hasn't done anything to justify being on that level for me.

SalfordRed1960

Hmmm. Seriously disagree, when Drogba was up for it he was more unplayable than Hazard has ever been in his career so far.
Agreed. Drogba terrorized the PL for years. Hazard, though good, has yet to reach the levels people thought he would. He is still young, and probably the best in his position in the league. Let's see what level he reaches in 3-4 years time. I would say at the moment he is quite a way behind what Messi and Ronaldo were at the same age.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
£32million bargain man! :mad: If it wasn't that silly CL fluke he would have been here, or was it those agent fees Fergie didn't like handing out? Hopefully our transfer policy has changed and we won't pass over such talents over silly little things.

Don't think he will ever be as good as Ronaldo though like that Chelsea WUM keep suggesting. Ronaldo at the same age was already the best player in the world, won the player of the year and bagged 42 goals :lol:, actually even 2006/07 Ronaldo was a better player and more prolific than current Hazard.

SalfordRed1960

£32million bargain man! :mad: If it wasn't that silly CL fluke he would have been here, or was it those agent fees Fergie didn't like handing out? Hopefully our transfer policy has changed and we won't pass over such talents over silly little things.

Don't think he will ever be as good as Ronaldo though like that Chelsea WUM keep suggesting. Ronaldo at the same age was already the best player in the world, won the player of the year and bagged 42 goals :lol:, actually even 2006/07 Ronaldo was a better player and more prolific than current Hazard.
Like you say we would have him, and Fabregas, if we could.

SonnyTheHaloPro

"Van Gaal is David Moyes +£150million"
Like you say we would have him, and Fabregas, if we could.
Fabregas was a complete bottle job by us though dude, he was clearly not wanted at Barca even in summer 2013. But Moyes and Woodward decided the best time to bid for him was after they had just sold Thiago Alcantara, there was no way they were letting both of them go. If we went in for Fabregas 2/3 weeks earlier, we probably would have sealed the deal, just makes it even more annoying I guess? Moyes got sacked in the end, so the pain of losing out on Cesc was eased.

Hazard on the other hand rejected us for some reason I think, not 100% sure why.

Superpolfcb

Despite all of Mourinho's efforts (which have improved him defensively) he still plays a match like it's just a child's game.
He has amazing raw ability, the way he glides past players with his dribbling and close control is similar to Messi.

'Problem' is that he hasn't got that drive that other top players like Ronaldo, Di Maria and Robben have.
It's just my opinion, but I don't think Hazard would lose any sleep over a missed chance costing them points, while the other 3 for example would work even harder to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You can't really blame a guy for putting his family before his 'job', but with a little bit more effort he would be challenging for the Ballon d'Or

Brightonian

Despite all of Mourinho's efforts (which have improved him defensively) he still plays a match like it's just a child's game.
He has amazing raw ability, the way he glides past players with his dribbling and close control is similar to Messi.

'Problem' is that he hasn't got that drive that other top players like Ronaldo, Di Maria and Robben have.
It's just my opinion, but I don't think Hazard would lose any sleep over a missed chance costing them points, while the other 3 for example would work even harder to make sure it doesn't happen again.

You can't really blame a guy for putting his family before his 'job', but with a little bit more effort he would be challenging for the Ballon d'Or
For me, it's got nothing to do with drive or wanting it enough or anything. He's just not as well-rounded a player as the generation-topping talents. Yes, his dribbling is superb, and he can ping little clever passes around with the best of them. Good, confident finisher too. But he's not lightning fast, so he has to beat a man with pure dribbling - he doesn't really have the option to kick and rush the way Bale or Ronaldo can. He's not got obvious game-intelligence, and his long passing game is nothing special. While he's very good at slipping clever little balls between the lines and behind defenders while at full-dribble, he's not got the vision for Iniesta-esque through-balls splitting multiple ranks of opposition players.

He's thought of as a potential Balon d'Or threat because his best attribute is the one people rate most highly - dribbling. But the sorts of players who actually compete for the honour always have more about them. Iniesta is just as good a dribbler but also perhaps the most lethal assist-maker of his generation, and as good at keeping the ball as any game-running #8. Messi is lightning fast and the best dribbler in the world but also a brilliant passer across all ranges, a scorer of all sorts of goals and has exceptional vision. Ronaldo is a goal-machine and an unstoppable pace-dribbler, but is also an impeccable passer, a physical beast, one of the best attacking headers of the ball in the world and has a huge arsenal of flair and tricks up his sleeve.

Hazard's strengths are just too narrow.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
For me, it's got nothing to do with drive or wanting it enough or anything. He's just not as well-rounded a player as the generation-topping talents. Yes, his dribbling is superb, and he can ping little clever passes around with the best of them. Good, confident finisher too. But he's not lightning fast, so he has to beat a man with pure dribbling - he doesn't really have the option to kick and rush the way Bale or Ronaldo can.
Hazard is very fast, but he tends to use his acceleration more than raw pace to get past people. What makes him so dangerous is his ability to go to full sprint from basically standing still in a heartbeat. He does it often. He's also an exquisite passer and crosser of the ball. I was watching some highlights earlier and some of his crosses are just mouthwatering.

EverReddy

Have to say his movement was v fluid on Sunday. Change of pace was fantastic and means he can simply move beyond defenders who need a moment to respond then another to get moving. Looked very dangerous. Reminded me of Ian Wright's movement (at his peak) or dare I mention The Racist Who Should Not Be Named.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
For me, it's got nothing to do with drive or wanting it enough or anything. He's just not as well-rounded a player as the generation-topping talents. Yes, his dribbling is superb, and he can ping little clever passes around with the best of them. Good, confident finisher too. But he's not lightning fast, so he has to beat a man with pure dribbling - he doesn't really have the option to kick and rush the way Bale or Ronaldo can. He's not got obvious game-intelligence, and his long passing game is nothing special. While he's very good at slipping clever little balls between the lines and behind defenders while at full-dribble, he's not got the vision for Iniesta-esque through-balls splitting multiple ranks of opposition players.

He's thought of as a potential Balon d'Or threat because his best attribute is the one people rate most highly - dribbling. But the sorts of players who actually compete for the honour always have more about them. Iniesta is just as good a dribbler but also perhaps the most lethal assist-maker of his generation, and as good at keeping the ball as any game-running #8. Messi is lightning fast and the best dribbler in the world but also a brilliant passer across all ranges, a scorer of all sorts of goals and has exceptional vision. Ronaldo is a goal-machine and an unstoppable pace-dribbler, but is also an impeccable passer, a physical beast, one of the best attacking headers of the ball in the world and has a huge arsenal of flair and tricks up his sleeve.

Hazard's strengths are just too narrow.

Agree with everything except this. Kick and run and speed is one of Hazard strengths especially this season where he terrorized both Everrton and Arsenal with it.( 3rd goal for us vs Everton watch him kick and run and completely outpace the defender.)

BarstoolProphet

He's a stunning player to watch when in full flow but is it just me or does it look like he can't be arsed for most part of the matches? Kinda like he turns up whenever he feels like it. But when he do, it really is something special. It's really close to impossible to knock the ball off him.

NK86

Agree with everything except this. Kick and run and speed is one of Hazard strengths especially this season where he terrorized both Everrton and Arsenal with it.( 3rd goal for us vs Everton watch him kick and run and completely outpace the defender.)
I think more than his speed, it's his acceleration from a standing start is what actually leaves the best of them hapless against him. He has got a brilliant way to just leave the fastest of defenders on their arse as soon as he accelerates after stopping.

NK86

You seriously believe that the only thing stopping a player from scoring 40-50 goals or being like those two absolute legends of the game is because he does not "want" to? I think Hazard is a phenomenal player but to say he is better than/equal to Ronaldo at influencing games is funny at best.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Have to say his movement was v fluid on Sunday. Change of pace was fantastic and means he can simply move beyond defenders who need a moment to respond then another to get moving. Looked very dangerous. Reminded me of Ian Wright's movement (at his peak) or dare I mention The Racist Who Should Not Be Named.
The racist who should not be named mainly used nutmegs as his method of choice for dribbling, Hazard has a lot more variety. Hazard is good and very good at times but what prevents from reaching the greater levels are his consistency and his finishing skills which need to be more improved.

Brightonian

Ok fair enough, I've missed that somehow.

Needham

He's got the best name in the modern game but looks like Quagmire. Him and Willian have a tetrapathic understanding. Chelsea, certainly away from home, are the best team to watch in the Premier League.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
He's got the best name in the modern game but looks like Quagmire. Him and Willian have a tetrapathic understanding. Chelsea, certainly away from home, are the best team to watch in the Premier League.
I cannot say I have noticed this whatsoever. Plus FG is very average and Hazard is not ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.