Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annahnomoss

He's a stunning player to watch when in full flow but is it just me or does it look like he can't be arsed for most part of the matches? Kinda like he turns up whenever he feels like it. But when he do, it really is something special. It's really close to impossible to knock the ball off him.
Gary and Carragher has a good part about this. Their analysis puts it down to Chelsea as a team rather than Hazard alone, but that when they are a goal up they simply stop trying to score with 100% belief in themselves. So you get moments when players gets on the ball and instead of attacking at full pace trying to kill the game off they start jogging, trying to waste time etc instead. Basically they play worse when they are a goal up, which is surprising for a Mourinho side.

gofelx

Supports
Hamburgers
He needs to work on his finishing. As good as he is on the ball, he lacks end product. When he improves that aspect of his game he's one of the best players in the world.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
He needs to work on his finishing. As good as he is on the ball, he lacks end product. When he improves that aspect of his game he's one of the best players in the world.
Already is, but yes, his one on one finishing has been a bit poor.

Thing is, despite the penalty miss and the one on one miss he had in the second half, he was literally a one man team for us. Everything went through him. Matic was average, Fabregas was awful, everything kept bouncing off Drogba, Costa looked extremely rusty, Schurrle was pulled at half time, yet Hazard just kept cutting through them in the 2nd half though creating all our chances.

He's miles better than anything we have in the side.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea
His final ball and goal threat definitely needs improving, he got in so many good positions but wasted them. We werent great as a team though.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's a good thing he was dangerous because Schurrle was embarrasing and the rest of them looked totally out of sorts.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
So jelly that he ended up at Chelsea... Would have preferred him to Goetz (if for some amazingly-impossible reason I had the choice on Arsenal's behalf).

Anyway, do you guys prefer him off the flanks with Fabregas playing as an AM? Or, do you prefer Fabregas deeper with Hazard playing behind the striker in a central role? I suppose it's horses for courses at the end of the day.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
He moved centrally at half time and kicked it up a gear. IMO that's his best position. I'd love it if Jose moved him there then bought Reus to play on the left :drool:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
He moved centrally at half time and kicked it up a gear. IMO that's his best position. I'd love it if Jose moved him there then bought Reus to play on the left :drool:

No. You are not allowed Hazard, Fabregas, Costa, Schurlle, Oscar and Reus.

I just won't allow it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Kinda like Ronaldo at some point when you know you have a player who can be ridiculously good but a little something is still missing, one season he just "clicked" and started goals for fun. Hazard's transformation may not necessarily require him to score huge amount of goals but be a lot more decisive in the final third in general.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Gary and Carragher has a good part about this. Their analysis puts it down to Chelsea as a team rather than Hazard alone, but that when they are a goal up they simply stop trying to score with 100% belief in themselves. So you get moments when players gets on the ball and instead of attacking at full pace trying to kill the game off they start jogging, trying to waste time etc instead. Basically they play worse when they are a goal up, which is surprising for a Mourinho side.
Taking their foot off the gas at one nil up is typical of a Mourinho side.

Annahnomoss

Taking their foot off the gas at one nil up is typical of a Mourinho side.
You misunderstand it then. Previously Mourinho's Chelsea side for example changed to a more defensive and counter-attacking tactic after a goal up, but they never switched down a gear and tried to make time go by. This time around they've lacked the killer instinct when they switch to the defensive/counter attacking tactic and therefore they've lost a lot more points and conceded a lot more than they did before when they were a goal up.

Hazard, among others, had a couple of moments where they could have finished us off if he had gone for the kill rather than slow down the play and give us a chance to get organized again. It isn't something Hazard in particular does, it is something the entire team does.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
Is he playing well this season? From what I have seen, he hasn't been very impressive. Oscar, for me also could do better.
He started well but was injured and then ill and he has been a bit disappointing when he has appeared.

Its gone largely unnoticed due to the fact we have still been winning but our last 3 games have been average at best, need to snap out of it and beat Liverpool. Although i'd take one more shit performance but a win and then move into the break to sort it out.

The last time we looked ruthless was 2 weeks ago vs Maribor at home, since then we've scraped wins or draws against the likes of QPR, Strawberry, and Maribor... although we did nearly beat United but it was still an average performance.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Just a small bump... Quite a few of the match day posts are about him.
I'm a big fan of him. I think he's brilliant, and hope he leaves Chelsea soon.

Clearly his ruthlessness and goalscoring is his biggest weakness.

And Watching him, to me it seems that he's one of those players who almost always wants to score an aesthetically pleasing goal.
(if that makes sense?)
He's graceful when he turns and dribbles - which is great beacuse it has the desired effect, but he always likes prodding and bending the ball into the goal (sometimes it's the completely wrong shot choice) when he should just get power in his shots.

There are some players who give the impression they'd rather score one aesthetically pleasing, 'cute' goal over five scrappy ones (Quaresma, for example), and fair enough if that's how Hazard is too.
But it would be a shame if he doesn't shake it out of his game, because he has so much potential.

Last edited:

kouroux

Disappointing in the final third, must be frustrating to watch as a fan since everything else he does is so spot on. A real fecking poison, the way he skipped past Glenn Johnson near the touchline was a thing of beauty. Just rendered him non existent.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
Disappointing in the final third, must be frustrating to watch as a fan since everything else he does is so spot on. A real fecking poison, the way he skipped past Glenn Johnson near the touchline was a thing of beauty. Just rendered him non existent.
Normally he doesn't take those shots on, he'll pass it to someone else who'll create the goal. He's been taking more shots since the Maribor game though, perhaps a bit of pressure to add more goals to his game.

I think he may be the best player i've seen play for us though, he's edged out Robben now.

ItsEssexRob

Supports
Chelsea
He is becomming a little bit frustrating this season because his dribbling and skill at getting past players is approaching unstoppable, but then you want him to take more shots on or that killer pass, but it doesnt always happen. If he can get that bit of his game he will be a world beater.

kouroux

Normally he doesn't take those shots on, he'll pass it to someone else who'll create the goal. He's been taking more shots since the Maribor game though, perhaps a bit of pressure to add more goals to his game.

I think he may be the best player i've seen play for us though, he's edged out Robben now.
Better than Drogba ? You must be joking

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Drogba scored some amazing goals for us, but Hazard could be literally the best player in the world once Messi and Ronaldo age more.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Today just enforced my previous post that's he's in that 3rd tier. Definitely below the likes of Aguero

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
The list of players with that much potential is incredibly small.
By the time Ronaldo and Messi seriously decline there will be numerous more young and exciting players to go along with the current crop of younger world class players. Hazard is very unlikely to ever be considered the world's best player.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
By the time Ronaldo and Messi seriously decline there will be numerous more young and exciting players to go along with the current crop of younger world class players. Hazard is very unlikely to ever be considered the world's best player.
It's not very unlikely at all, but the next couple of years will answer it for us regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.