Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Based on the last season and this

Top Tier - Ronaldo & Messi (obvs)
Next Tier - Suarez, Aguero, Bale, Ibra etc etc

I'm sorry but Hazard just doesn't belong in that same category as any of the above, he's in that next tier below.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's one of these players that you're desperate for Madrid or Barca to take but you know he's going to end up like Aguero and stay way too long and keep pissing on every team he comes up against.

Saying that I still think he's a tad overrated.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox

I'm sorry but Hazard just doesn't belong in that same category as any of the above, he's in that next tier below.
Who would be in the 'etc etc' ?

AltiUn

Who would be in the 'etc etc' ?
Silva and Di Maria are the only other two I could think to group with them, reality is there ain't many players better than Hazard.

charlenefan

Silva and Di Maria are the only other two I could think to group with them, reality is there ain't many players better than Hazard.
I'm not even comfortable putting them in with the likes of Suarez, Aguero and Bale tbh

Speak

Fair enough. Though, I wouldn't put Di Maria ahead of him.
I'd agree that Silva's in that group, but most wouldn't - there's definitely a 'striker/goal scorer' bias.

AltiUn

I'm not even comfortable putting them in with the likes of Suarez, Aguero and Bale tbh
I'm comfortable putting both of them there Di Maria was better than Bale last year, by far and Silva's probably the best player in the league.

charlenefan

Silva is a class act, a real class act, probably for me the best actual no10/in the hole player in the world, still not sure he's quite at Suarez or Aguero's level though but then as Speak said it may be bias towards players who grab all the goals

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Agreed, if there was a next tier he would be in it. Di Maria and Robben would be in tier 2.

charlenefan

Yep can't believe I forgot Robben

Definitely in that second tier

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Said this in another thread, but I don't see how or why so many people on the Caf put Bale above Hazard, much less say he's significantly better. People must be blinded by his spectacular long range goals. Hazard offers more to me.

If anything it's a toss up though I personally would have Hazard.

As far as Neymar v Hazard, I'd love to see what Neymar would do in the Premier League. Not sure he'd be as effective as Hazard is. To me he and Silva are level as the best two attacking mids in the league. Di Maria ever so slightly behind.

ItsEssexRob

Has a slight gambling problem
Supports
Chelsea

Nah. Im all for the fact Hazard isnt the top tier and know my fellow blue is looking at some things through blue specs but hes in the second tier comfortably... top 20 in the world. Wouldnt say Silva and Aguero were far ahead if at all with Silva. Both brilliant.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nah. Im all for the fact Hazard isnt the top tier and know my fellow blue is looking at some things through blue specs but hes in the second tier comfortably... top 20 in the world. Wouldnt say Silva and Aguero were far ahead if at all with Silva. Both brilliant.
Yeah, hazard is certainly in that second tier, along with aguero, Silva and di maria from the premier league. Nothing biased about that. I feel like there's a large group of players who are all at a similar level, or getting to a similar level of world class, but not the Ronaldo/Messi level. You have di maria, hazard, aguero, Silva, robben, Suarez, bale, neymar, Reus and then others who I can't remember off the top of my head, but they're all at a pretty similar level based on the past 12 months and what they can produce.

Hazards dribbling ability is Messi-esque though. Goes past people with ease and his only issue before was not doing it consistently or having a final ball, or not making that telling impact which he is now starting to do.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I wouldn't say he's second tier yet.

The likes of Robben and Suarez (probably others too) have been better than him.

I'd put him in a third tier. He's very naturally gifted obviously.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Still pissed how he missed that chance when he was one-on-one with De Gea, that was an excellent save mind you. The fortunate thing is that we don't lose much by drawing but if it were a CL-semi final or on the bigger stage, the fans would have really been on his back.

And I can only wonder how he thinks only 5 players in the world are better than him, I'm not even sure if he's a top 15 player. While I like that he thinks of himself so highly, he has to deliver consistently. No use in providing magic every once in a while, he's much better than that. In this side of the world, there is a term used for players who can deliver when it counts and basically put the team on their back, it's called "being clutch". Hazard is generally consistent regarding form, but what he lacks is the consistency of delivering the goods when it counts--despite that, he's hardly ever let us down, and it's unfair to criticize him when he's still relatively young.

This is probably an overreaction but I just needed to get that off my chest. Just have some post-match depression for not collecting all three points. It would've have been a different case had van Persie not scored that goal, I'd have said Hazard had a decent match. With that said, this is a big season for Eden, and we've still got a long way to go, and I can only hope that he'll deliver.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Still pissed how he missed that chance when he was one-on-one with De Gea, that was an excellent save mind you. The fortunate thing is that we don't lose much by drawing but if it were a CL-semi final or on the bigger stage, the fans would have really been on his back.

And I can only wonder how he thinks only 5 players in the world are better than him, I'm not even sure if he's a top 15 player. While I like that he thinks of himself so highly, he has to deliver consistently. No use in providing magic every once in a while, he's much better than that. In this side of the world, there is a term used for players who can deliver when it counts and basically put the team on their back, it's called "being clutch". Hazard is generally consistent regarding form, but what he lacks is the consistency of delivering the goods when it counts--despite that, he's hardly ever let us down, and it's unfair to criticize him when he's still relatively young.

This is probably an overreaction but I just needed to get that off my chest. Just have some post-match depression for not collecting all three points. It would've have been a different case had van Persie not scored that goal, I'd have said Hazard had a decent match. With that said, this is a big season for Eden, and we've still got a long way to go, and I can only hope that he'll deliver.
I agree with that assessment of him but this bolded bit makes me :lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Could go on and be one of the best players in the world. He's always had the potential for it but he's beginning to show a consistency in performance that has been lacking in the past.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Statistically speaking his last two seasons were very, similar to Nani's best (2010-11, 2011-12) at the club. Was Nani as good as Hazard is now, at the time?

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!

Does it really matter considering you scored from the resulting corner?

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Statistically speaking his last two seasons were very, similar to Nani's best (2010-11, 2011-12) at the club. Was Nani as good as Hazard is now, at the time?
No. Nani's ceiling was as high as Hazard's but he wasn't as consistent as him in influencing games.

thepolice123

Hazard has shown way more ability that Nani ever did for us. The only thing Nani's better at is probably just his finishing and crossing.

Trizy

Hazard has shown way more ability that Nani ever did for us. The only thing Nani's better at is probably just his finishing and crossing.
At the end of the day you can be as good as you want on the ball but its all about numbers, even though Nani is shit now he's done more than Hazard.

Speak

As good as Nani was, Hazard just has that dribbling ability whereby it's genuinely a shock to me when he loses the ball. It's glued to his feet, even in the corners of the pitch surrounded by three men.
There's not a harder player to dispossess in the league.
So many of the names that are thrown into Hazard discussions just don't have that ability.

Then you add in his 'brain' which is almost number 10's 'brain'. He's superb.

Watching Madrid at Anfield, Hazard just needs to add goals to his game and he wouldn't look out of place in that team whatsoever. Actually, I don't think he would look out of place as he is now, but being more clinical and (perhaps) direct takes him onto that next level.

Truly jealous of Chelsea fans having him in their team. And I hope he leaves them soon.

Last edited:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
At the end of the day you can be as good as you want on the ball but its all about numbers, even though Nani is shit now he's done more than Hazard.
bloody nonsense. Hazard is much more rounded and doesnt only contribute through scoring. He is a rare combination of dribbling winger and creative playmaker. Hazard makes other offensive players around him much better while also being a goal threat. He is one of the most balanced (in his offensive ability) and complete wide players in the world and more or less on-par with Bale, Silva or aguero.

ravi2

No. Nani's ceiling was as high as Hazard's but he wasn't as consistent as him in influencing games.
Hazard is way more consistent than Nani and he creates space for other players to run in because he can consistently beat his opponent off the dribble and he usually has to be double teamed. He is the best LW in the EPL IMO and I feel as though one day in the not so distant future he will be a Ballon d'Or contender

His decision making is already miles ahead of Nani, and while I think Nani has heaps of skill and flair, his decision making is very suspect.
I wish Nani was more like him.

Cina

The Nani of 10-12 over those 18 months was better and more consistent than anything we've seen from Hazard yet, but clearly he went in the wrong direction entirely after that whereas Hazard seems to be constantly improving, and he clearly has yet to reach his best, so it's safe to assume he will become better than that in 2-3 years. Similarly talented players but Hazard definitely seems to have the better head on him and that's why ultimately he will continue to succeed and not go the way Nani did.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
People may argue that Hazard isn't in the same tier as Messi, Ronaldo or the tier lower along with Ibra, Bale, Suarez and Aguero but remember that Hazard is 23 years old and will only improve. Imagine how beast he will be when he is around 25-26, if he doesn't get injured of course...

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Hazard is way more consistent than Nani and he creates space for other players to run in because he can consistently beat his opponent off the dribble and he usually has to be double teamed.
That's the kicker right there. Every team that plays against him know they have to put at least a second man on him when he gets the ball, because if they don't he'll tear them apart. The amount of space that opens up is absolutely invaluable to us. He's also perfectly capable of playing in any of the 3 AM slots and will switch between them during some matches to make the other team have to rebalance on the fly, which can be massively effective.

He was actually pretty average yesterday by his standards. When he's playing at his best he is simply unplayable, and I've never seen another Chelsea player I could say that about (although Zola came close at times). There was a game against Sunderland (which ended up being 4-3 or something silly) where he was basically perfect, one of the single best individual performances I've ever seen from any player. If he reaches a point where he is producing like that consistently then he's going to be the best player in the world once Messi/Ronaldo decline. At the moment he's fabulous but still lacks a bit of killer instinct a lot of the time. It's strange though because it seems to be something that does appear and he'll put a couple in and just tear through teams, and then other games is just lacking. I think he still has a bit too much of a fondness for playing the showy ball over the most effective ball, like Ronaldo used to. Whether or not Jose will be able to develop him past that point I guess we'll just have to wait and see. His ceiling is basically limitless though.

herokiller84

masiively over hyped and overrated,saying that though he has all the attributes to hit higher heights.

Doesnt strike me as having that extra work ethic that those in the top tier have.

Hes gifted and can dribble,needst o work harder as natural ability willonlyget you so far.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
the more I see of him the more I'm convinced it's a matter of time before he's viewed as the world's best player. He really needs to gain a bit more cutting edge though. He's fantastic at unlocking the defence, I think his awareness and decision making is getting better all the time, it's just the execution of the final ball or finish lets him down a bit too much.

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
He looks considerably more dangerous when he's moved to a more central role, able to go either way, he's like quicksilver, defenders can't handle it.

Sadly he won't ever win the Ballon d'Or simply due to the less than impressive statistics, but I doubt he'll care, he's publically said it's not his intention to be like Ronaldo and Messi, wants to be himself, and a crowd pleaser.

Cina

He looks considerably more dangerous when he's moved to a more central role, able to go either way, he's like quicksilver, defenders can't handle it.

Sadly he won't ever win the Ballon d'Or simply due to the less than impressive statistics, but I doubt he'll care, he's publically said it's not his intention to be like Ronaldo and Messi, wants to be himself, and a crowd pleaser.
I should also publicly state things that are impossible for me to achieve then, because I didn't know it could make me look good.

"oh no I never want to have sex with Scarlett Johannsen, it's just not for me". Something like that?

TheShedEnd

Anti-Football WUM
Supports
Chelsea
I should also publicly state things that are impossible for me to achieve then, because I didn't know it could make me look good.

"oh no I never want to have sex with Scarlett Johannsen, it's just not for me". Something like that?
You on a mission to piss me off or something?

2:30 - Not his objective to try and score 40 or 50 goals, wants to be himself and too fecking right with the talent he's got.

He's very generous with his play, if he sees a pass on, he'll take it, and 20 goals a season is more than acceptable. If he wanted to I reckon he could very easily be a 30 goal a season player for us. He won't ever be as good as Messi as he's simply a once in a lifetime player, and whether he'll ever be as good as Ronaldo I don't know, but he's already a better dribbler and starting to have an influence on the big games, and that's without scoring goals.

Skys the limit for him, whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.