Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhed

"Don't you worry Eden.....He's good but he's not YOU, You can have the # 10 shirt"

"Of Course YOU can release the news via your twitter account, I know we don't EVER do that but YOU can !"

Chabon

Chelsea's potential front 4:
Torres
Mata Hazard Marin​
£113m

United's potential front 4:
Rooney
Nani Kagawa Valencia​
£70m

City's potential front 4:
Aguero
Silva Tevez Nasri​
£132m
Added the cost, for context..

GledTheRed

Didn't half his goals this year come from penalties? If he goes to Chelsea then that more or less sums the fella up. Complete cnut.

We will sign Kagawa it had united written all over it and I'll be pleased wih the business.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Interesting that the papers are reporting it as a done deal based on a single possibly cryptic tweet with no confirmation from Lille, Chelsea or that players agent. He may well have chosen Chelsea but surely even journalists need more before reporting a story as fact? Surely they could have hacked his phone to confirm?

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
Interesting that the papers are reporting it as a done deal based on a single possibly cryptic tweet with no confirmation from Lille, Chelsea or that players agent. He may well have chosen Chelsea but surely even journalists need more before reporting a story as fact? Surely they could have hacked his phone to confirm?
Says it all really.

Havak

Pokemon master
I wouldn't write them off just yet, the transfer season hasn't even started yet and Abramovic already opened his chequebook. They might surprise next season.
They'll finish third but that's all I can see. And that could be more down to Spurs and Newcastle declining when they lose a couple of their better players / not meeting the heights of last season and Arsenal of course being shit when RvP doesn't have a great season.

They're probably going to have to get rid of Bosingwa, Kalou, and Malouda. They'll need a top right back to sign for them but they might not require another striker. They could possibly do with a reserve wide player unless Malouda stays. Other than that I can't really see anyone else leaving or them strengthening in any other area.

As the above formations suggest:

Torres
Mata Hazard Marin​

They have Sturridge and Ramires (and Malouda) to cover the wider positions or Hazard might go on the wing during games when it isn't working. Lukaku is also there as the other centre forward (although Sturridge will argue he should be fighting Torres for the starting place in the middle). Then there's still Lampard, Essien, Meireles, Mikel, Romeu and a few others to fit into central midfield (which will now be two places).

Ivanovic will cover at RB if they sign a new one, but he'll probably want to challenge for the centreback places with Terry, Cahill, and Luiz.

I can't see Chelsea replacing many of these players so it becomes near enough the same team that finished sixth last season. Albeit they had great cup success, but I strongly believe that it was a one-off. They won't win the Champions League like that again and definitely won't win the Premier League like that.

They also don't even have a manager yet.

3rd and no trophies is where my money would go (unless they take the Carling Cup seriously).

I'm always right

As I said earlier in the week, gone are the days when the charm of a club or the history of the manager, or the best "career choice" matter. All that matters is CL football & chance of trophies, after that it's money that wins.

We're on a level below CFC and City, if they want a player that we want, we aint getting him. Let's just hope they don't want Kagawa or any other of our targets. The good thing with football is that's there's always someone else.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Chelsea's potential front 4:
Torres
Mata Hazard Marin​

United's potential front 4:
Rooney
Nani Kagawa Valencia​

City's potential front 4:
Aguero
Silva Tevez Nasri​

Well it looks like next year will be exciting in terms of attacking talent in the premier league, and that front 4 for Chelsea looks brilliant if Torres can get back to form, which I have a feeling he might now that Drogba is leaving and he will be guaranteed a starting spot. I hope if we do end up getting Kagawa that we switch our formation to a 4-2-3-1 sort of thing, Welbeck is good but still very young and inconsistent so we can't rely on him.
We have actual wingers though. Seriously Hazard might be a great talent but an attacking midfielder isn't our biggest need at all, a full back and a Centre Mid is far more important.

Drifter

American
As I said earlier in the week, gone are the days when the charm of a club or the history of the manager, or the best "career choice" matter. All that matters is CL football & chance of trophies, after that it's money that wins.

Sad ,but very true

Chabon

Rooney cost 27, Nani 14, Valencia 16 and I seem to remember reading that Dortmund want 13 from us for Kagawa.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Football is over, it's as simple as that. There's no such things as club identity and past history any more, it's all about the money, money, money

Chelsea fans are laughing now but they'll be crying in 10-15 years

Cina

Are you sure about that? Thought it was 14m rising to 17m?

Anderson cost €30m. Dear oh dear.

Havak

Pokemon master
Rooney cost 27, Nani 14, Valencia 16 and I seem to remember reading that Dortmund want 13 from us for Kagawa.
Rooney was 28m, Nani 17-20m, Valencia 16m.

A 13.6m was rejected by Dortmund for Kagawa, he's going to cost us at least 16m, probably more like 18m.

Chabon

There's been a lot of weird nonsense peddled about transfer fees we paid in the past of late, usually based on current exchange rates.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Porto themselves announced the 30 million euros for Anderson. Odd if they lied.
He actually did cost 25.5m Euros IIRC, but obviously the exchange rate was a lot better back then... Was more like 60p to a Euro I think. Now it's more like 80p. Makes a big difference when we're talking millions.
Yeah it was £17m for Anderson and £14m for Nani at the time.

Spoony

The People's President
Why did we buy Anderson? Did we actually think he was the new Ronaldinho? To be fair, those YouTube clips...

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
£17.3 million-ish by my calculations for Nani and £20.4m for Anderson. feck me that was some summer, the football we'd just played and then to add Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves on top :drool:.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He actually did cost 25.5m Euros IIRC, but obviously the exchange rate was a lot better back then... Was more like 60p to a Euro I think. Now it's more like 80p. Makes a big difference when we're talking millions.
Euro's going to hell in a handcart all over again. If English clubs really want value they'll leave their signings until the very last day of the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.