Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cina

I've also strangely come out of this with a bit of new found respect for City. They could've easily matched Chelsea, even beaten them for wages but they held off because they know he's only 21 years old and putting him on the same/higher wages as stars like Yaya and Aguero would be madness.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I've also strangely come out of this with a bit of new found respect for City. They could've easily matched Chelsea, even beaten them for wages but they held off because they know he's only 21 years old and putting him on the same/higher wages as stars like Yaya and Aguero would be madness.
How do you know they didn't offer the same wages?

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Most likely that was our only chane of seeing a big signing this summer. Kagawa will be a good buy though.
Not really our summer has just opened up to infinite posibilities. Think of all those players we can go in for now. Think of the Euros, think of Lucas Moura, we're in for the greatest summer of muppetry ever.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
His agent is certainly giving him advice on these matters, seems he likes self promotion as much as football!
Most of those quotes are what most players would say, if he was asked "who would you join if you go to Spain or Italy" then what is he meant to say?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
But seriously, what player takes such a vocal role during his transfer ? It's usually the clubs that make noises that give you an idea as to what's going on. Hazard comedy across as a bit of a spastic to be honest.

Zen

Hell no! I predicted Sneijder's downfall last summer when every caftard was wanking over a possible move to United. People called me crazy, and maybe I am crazy, but at least I was right about Sneijder.
Well actually, quite a few people did.....just by pointing his weak-ish 10/11 in general, forget this season. Those posts obviously just got swallowed up by the dumbness though.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Very disappointed as he is an excellent talent. Would improve Chelsea loads.

Ekeke

Or, he keeps mentioning Chelsea winning the champions league and thats something City have never done. Maybe thats more important than the extra money when he'll already be getting ridiculous amounts.

Brophs

The One and Only
That's your opinion, my opinion however is these are both young, quality players in a position we desperately need to strengthen. If you can't see that missing out on both players is an issue then you need to take off the blinkers.

Both players fit our "transfer strategy".
It's disappointing but in keeping with the skewed financial realities in the game at the moment.

To suggest there's something horrible wrong when it's a pretty basic fiscal issue is nonsense.

Cina

But seriously, what player takes such a vocal role during his transfer ? It's usually the clubs that make noises that give you an idea as to what's going on. Hazard comedy across as a bit of a spastic to be honest.
He does stand up?

Shite, this just gets worse and worse.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
I'm not that annoyed because I don't think a young player like him will ever realise potential at a club like Chelsea. Chelsea is a talent graveyard.

Their success has always been built on established ready made players.

Hardly any young players have made anything of themselves there. It's just not a club that's good at nurturing talent.

Hazard's probably got enough talent to hit the ground running somewhat, but going to Chelsea could just as easily feck up his career.

togg

I can't help feeling a bit disappointed, but I think that is just a hangover feeling from losing the title the way we did. Just feels like a little slap after the momunemtal punch that final day gave me....

however...a slap is a slap!

Cina

Oh, it was on the net? Right. Gotcha.
It's quite simple really, City have a good manager who wants his players kept happy. Chelsea have an owner who will do whatever the feck it takes to get his players. He always has.

The Neviller

His loss. Could have had a stab at being a legend at a big club, now he's just another rent-boy in a team full of cnuts.

Good luck Eden, you dopey bollocks.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Kinda gutted for the reason that we've lost out on really good player and at the same time pleased we did not sign this cnut...does that make sense?

Cina

Or, he keeps mentioning Chelsea winning the champions league and thats something City have never done. Maybe thats more important than the extra money when he'll already be getting ridiculous amounts.
Well that's a bit stupid though isn't it? Seeing as no team has ever won back to back CL's, and that was Chelsea's worst team in many a year, under an intern manager, and they finished 6th in the league, where as a much superior Man City side finished first in the league.

He must be seriously fecking dimwitted if that was his logic behind signing.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
They will try and sign Falcao and Modric.
You think that they will spend 100m +? You do realise that they lost 60m this year, FFP allows for losses of 40m over three years and starts this year. They have already spent 45m, Modric will cost 40m as will Falcao. They will not be recouping hardly anything in transfer fees either.

MauritianRed

Maybe he really meant to sign for either Utd or City until Chelsea came with a truckload. There is no certainty in life.

Or..the only certainties are (1) death, (2) taxes and (3) Niall's jinxy threads:nervous:

Thank feck this is over

I'll wait to see how genuinely we were in for him, but as it appears we were, I'm obviously disappointed that they're signing a top player with great potential to be even better and we're not, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest to not be signing the attention-seeking prick we've seen the last week or so

Chabon

City are, annoyingly, an increasingly professional outfit. They'll never be a legitimate football club, but they'll be far less of a mess than Chelsea have been over the years, and therefore far more likely to turn their obscene financial dominance into proportionate success.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Let's spare a thought for RedRichio and Sean who were convinced of him going to City.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
It's disappointing but in keeping with the skewed financial realities in the game at the moment.

To suggest there's something horrible wrong when it's a pretty basic fiscal issue is nonsense.
I've always said that Hazard is/was out of our wage budget, but Kagawa is the real deal. If we miss out on him, I'm going to be really pissed as he's the player that fits our transfer strategy and is the player we really need.

If we end up with getting neither and they instead join our rivals, I'd consider that a massive failure on our part. Hazard I can understand missing out on, but Kagawa, I'd be devastated :(

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Yeah, now we've missed out on Hazard it would be a crying shame if we succesfully signed Kagawa.

The fecktards are out in force. But I can't stay away. Grrrrr...
Yes whatever Pogue. I don't think Kagawa looks all that great, so yes I hope we don't sign him and we have somebody of higher caliber in mind.

Value should not be our ONLY consideration when trying to replace, what have essentially been legends at the club.

Brophs

The One and Only
Let's spare a thought for RedRichio and Sean who were convinced of him going to City.
"At the time of writing those things were true....subject to change...never guaranteed" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.