Eden Hazard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

This is fecking hilarious. After all the transfer sagas like Benzema, Sneijder or Oezil, we now end up with nothing on the Hazard front. Anyone still insisting we can attract top players is either deluded or stupid, Gill included.

Oh and by the way, these FFP rules matter feck all and they will change nothing.

Edmeiste

Thank feck this is over

I'll wait to see how genuinely we were in for him, but as it appears we were, I'm obviously disappointed that they're signing a top player with great potential to be even better and we're not, but I'm not disappointed in the slightest to not be signing the attention-seeking prick we've seen the last week or so
We were genuinely in for him. He just chose chelsea. Why is it that when we lose out on a player people peddle this line?

Name Changed

weso26
I thought he'd join Chelsea once they were in. Logically it's the best move for him.

He will be guaranteed to play whereas he would have been rotated at the other two. He will most likely play in the position he wants. He will earn big money. He immediately becomes their best player. And they recently won the CL and FA cup.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Money and more likely to be a regular starter. Sensible move I guess for him.

NoLogo

That depends if their primary consideration is money.
I doubt there is a player these days that isn't coming through our own ranks that hasn't got the primary objective to get some good money.

On top of that Chelsea has probably told him they want to build a new team and he would be a major part of it and so on and so forth.

The thing is we aren't the only team with good perspectives to win trophies and if other clubs pay more then we do it's a no-brainer to chose those clubs.

Let alone that agents will push their client to move to the team that pays them the bigger bonus.

We need to face it there are at least 4-6 clubs in the world that can offer a great perspective of winning trophies and are all willing to pay more then we do.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
:lol: Olly. what a man

who cares about hazard we've got Olly

Bryan_Munich

Aka RichieRich12
I doubt there is a player these days that isn't coming through our own ranks that hasn't got the primary objective to get some good money.

On top of that Chelsea has probably told him they want to build a new team and he would be a major part of it and so on and so forth.

The thing is we aren't the only team with good perspectives to win trophies and if other clubs pay more then we do it's a no-brainer to chose those clubs.

Let alone that agents will push their client to move to the team that pays them the bigger bonus.

We need to face it there are at least 4-6 clubs in the world that can offer a great perspective of winning trophies and are all willing to pay more then we do.
That's not what you said though.

I don't think it's a no-brainer for every player to choose the team that pays the most.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Meh, we missed out on david hirst and alan shearer, and signed King Eric

We missed out on dogger collymore and signed andy cole

We missed out on patrick kluivert and signed dwight yorke

We missed out on ronaldinho and signed ronaldo

Seen it all before and It usually turns out alright. In Saf we trust.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
It begs the question, why the feck hasn't an Oil Tycoon bought us yet?

It's not something I wanted, but it seems like the only way we can compete nowadays. We only lost the title on GD, but I fear us eventually slipping away because we can't afford to flash the cash at world class players.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
Chelsea will pay a fee of around €40 million (£35.3 million) to Lille, with Hazard having demanded wages of £4.6 million a year net of tax, so around £9  million a year for his new employer. That averages out at £170,000 a week.

In addition his agent, John Bico, who has conducted an aggressive auction has made it clear that he wants a fee of £6 million.
He's not worth close to that.

Edit: Here's the link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...lding-grows-with-78m-Eden-Hazard-signing.html

Cina

Surely that's not accurate? fecking hell, that really is astounding, even by Chelsea standards.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Surely that's not accurate? fecking hell, that really is astounding, even by Chelsea standards.
Is it? Seems almost par for the course now for these 'name' players.

I'm always right

Really? I was sure I read that his agent said terms had been agreed with the 3 clubs.

Not that I can be arsed finding the quotes.
See above.

I think what was reported was that he'd received his final offers from all clubs, zero chance he agreed them all and they were all the same. As I said, all the press reported/are reporting that Chelsea offered the most, by a sizeable chunk.

We simply don't beat Chelsea or City to a transfer target.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It is. But it has huge swathes of shitholes and is only really nice in parts.

Which is much like many big cities.
I've lived in both Manchester and London, and there really is no comparison. At all. London is a much better place to live, especially if you have a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.