Ederson Moraes

Skills

Snitch
I'm impressed that he got over Mane kicking him in the head so quick. Plenty of keepers would find it hard to get over that mentally.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's looked good so far and I'm not surprised by that. From what I seen of him at Benfica I was impressed. Massive upgrade on Bravo.

zing

Zingle balls
He's a steal at 35m, in today's market..

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's a steal at 35m, in today's market..
Why don't people realise fees like his are the reason the market is the way it is.

If he was bought after Neymar, then he'd be a steal. But twice the value of DDG early in the summer was still huge money for a keeper.

Slimcharles69

Supports
MK Dons
Has he actually had anything to do yet?
I'm asking myself the same thing especially to all those saying he's better than curtois already, not saying he isn't but from what I've seen it's a little too early to make such a claim. At least he's not Bravo

Thunderhead

Supports
City
To be fair he hasn't had much to do, but everything he's had to do he's done well, simple saves but shows his positioning is good, mops up behind the defence and has started numerous counter attacks, his kicks add another dimension as team's are reticent to press high from goal kicks as he'll just ping it to Sergio standing just outside the oppositions box

Bubz27

That was 6 years ago.
Yeah, and it was still a huge fee for a goalkeeper. Him and Pickford are the only two who've gone for similar fees in the last few years. Is every decent GK £30m now?

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Yeah, and it was still a huge fee for a goalkeeper. Him and Pickford are the only two who've gone for similar fees in the last few years. Is every decent GK £30m now?
Why should the cost of a Goalkeeper increase at a slower rate than that of an outfield player?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He clearly is an upgrade to Bravo. And his aerial ability is quite good + excelent passing skills makes him a good choice for a Guardiola team.

Bubz27

Why should the cost of a Goalkeeper increase at a slower rate than that of an outfield player?
Did I say that it should?

All I said was that saying he's value in today's market bis a side note to his price. Basically saying he cost a lot, but so do others so it's okay. But the fact is, before him, keepers didn't cost that much. Bar one or two anomalies.

Now that a club paid £30m+ for him, every decent goalkeeper will cost similar.

If this summer someone splashes out £50m on a very good highly rated keeper, then all keepers will cost the same. And again if someone paid £70m.

So using today's market to say X price is a good price, isn't the best argument in my opinion.

Robertd0803

He had a clearance against Chelsea outside his box at the weekend that I thought he would make a balls out of it, and then remembered that it wasnt Claudio Bravo in goal anymore for them. Shame.

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica

Just discovered this video: Oblak sent off and Ederson go in.
Two really good GK in the same midtable team Rio Ave. Just take a look at where they are now.

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
I know him well from the Portuguese league. He's an ice cold fecker in goal.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city

Just discovered this video: Oblak sent off and Ederson go in.
Two really good GK in the same midtable team Rio Ave. Just take a look at where they are now.
When City signed Ederson a Benfica fan said that he is more sorry to lose him than Lindelof and Semedo.
Do you agree with this opinion?

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
When City signed Ederson a Benfica fan said that he is more sorry to lose him than Lindelof and Semedo.
I'm a Porto fan but all of them weren't properly replaced. A big team in Portugal can get away with an average keeper and cbs. Semedo is a bigger blow in the league especially, because he would often create danger in attack, something the current benfica rb doesn't.

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
I'm a Porto fan but all of them weren't properly replaced. A big team in Portugal can get away with an average keeper and cbs. Semedo is a bigger blow in the league especially, because he would often create danger in attack, something the current benfica rb doesn't.
Thanks for your reply. Benfica certainly seem to have suffered from selling those guys.

D2Z

Supports
Undercover "Chelsea fan" ;)
Better then Courtois and DDG? City fans can feck off lmao

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Better then Courtois and DDG? City fans can feck off lmao
That was a United fan I think. I rate DDG as the worlds best, personally. Only saw Courtois mentioned though and he’s been shaky for a little while.

D2Z

Supports
That was a United fan I think. I rate DDG as the worlds best, personally. Only saw Courtois mentioned though and he’s been shaky for a little while.
If you think Courtois is shaky, Ederson has been freefalling.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If you think Courtois is shaky, Ederson has been freefalling.
I agree with him, Courtois is a brilliant keeper but he's not been playing his best football for a bit.

D2Z

Supports
I agree with him, Courtois is a brilliant keeper but he's not been playing his best football for a bit.
I disagree. I think he is much better at commanding the box now then he used to be.

SLBenfica1904

Supports
SLBenfica
They were both very important for us, but Ederson and Nelson Semedo will be harder to replace. In the last few years the club was blessed with very good GK(Júlio César, Oblak, Ederson) and we need to realize
Our defensive line was almost fully destroyed, and we miss the 3 players you mentioned a lot, but it's hard to know which player is the hardest to replace.
Our GK position in the last few years was abnormally good, having the likes of Júlio Cesar(old but still good), Oblak and Ederson. I think the demands of the fans are too high, and will always think the new GK is not good enough, but we need to be realistic. Bruno Varela was the new GK in the beginning of the championship but it did't work out, and now is Julio Cesar on the starting spot until he gets injured again.
Lindelof was really good for us, as he hid the weaknesses of Luisao. Now Luisao is paired with Jardel which is no longer the same after the last injury.
The Right-back position is being occupied by André Almeida, a nice guy who could play for a midtable team, but is on benfica for many years, filling the gaps due to injuries(Right-back, defensive midfielder and left-back), but offers nothing to the team. He can't participate on the attacks and as an excuse people use to say he is solid on the defense, which isn't true either. Nelsinho, as brocolli said offered a lot to the team, espicially on the attack.

So, it's really hard to pick the most important player/the hardest to replace.

Reactions: Invictus

Gentleman Jim

Supports
city
They were both very important for us, but Ederson and Nelson Semedo will be harder to replace. In the last few years the club was blessed with very good GK(Júlio César, Oblak, Ederson) and we need to realize

Our defensive line was almost fully destroyed, and we miss the 3 players you mentioned a lot, but it's hard to know which player is the hardest to replace.
Our GK position in the last few years was abnormally good, having the likes of Júlio Cesar(old but still good), Oblak and Ederson. I think the demands of the fans are too high, and will always think the new GK is not good enough, but we need to be realistic. Bruno Varela was the new GK in the beginning of the championship but it did't work out, and now is Julio Cesar on the starting spot until he gets injured again.
Lindelof was really good for us, as he hid the weaknesses of Luisao. Now Luisao is paired with Jardel which is no longer the same after the last injury.
The Right-back position is being occupied by André Almeida, a nice guy who could play for a midtable team, but is on benfica for many years, filling the gaps due to injuries(Right-back, defensive midfielder and left-back), but offers nothing to the team. He can't participate on the attacks and as an excuse people use to say he is solid on the defense, which isn't true either. Nelsinho, as brocolli said offered a lot to the team, espicially on the attack.

So, it's really hard to pick the most important player/the hardest to replace.
Cheers.
Good luck for the season.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Impossible to buy him on ultimate team on Fifa. Doesn’t seem to exist.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Looked really comfortable and calm tonight when playing around Napoli's pressing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Made a super save at 2-1 to keep us ahead 2nd half. Was sure Callejon put the ball over but on the replay showed an unreal save. Adds a lot of our backline.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Can't get away with a shit GK. City experienced that with Bravo and Dortmund is experiencing it with Burki. Top teams need to have top goalies.

Ederson was a good buy for City.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Benfica in the last few years scouted Oblak and Ederson, as impressive Oblak is I think Ederson will be the best 1, not so sure about Svilar but he is only 18, wouldn't count much his recent mistakes against United.

I wonder if Ederson keeps going like this can he be the number 1 for Brazil in the World Cup.