Ederson Moraes

padr81

Supports
Man City
Benfica in the last few years scouted Oblak and Ederson, as impressive Oblak is I think Ederson will be the best 1, not so sure about Svilar but he is only 18, wouldn't count much his recent mistakes against United.

I wonder if Ederson keeps going like this can he be the number 1 for Brazil in the World Cup.
I think he will be. He played very well the last time out for them albeit they murdered Chile. His through ball for Jesus in that game was unreal for a goal kick.

Fenomeno9

Alisson has been excellent as well this season and has been the #1 for the longest so Ederson has his work cut out for him to be Brazil #1 by Russia.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Benfica in the last few years scouted Oblak and Ederson, as impressive Oblak is I think Ederson will be the best 1, not so sure about Svilar but he is only 18, wouldn't count much his recent mistakes against United.

I wonder if Ederson keeps going like this can he be the number 1 for Brazil in the World Cup.
I'd guess so. Only a matter of time on current form, I'd say though that's a bit OTT from me as I don't know much about Alisson, who I think is their current #1?

Classical Mechanic

I have only watched Silivar a couple of times but he is so bad at so many things I'm sceptical he can become as good as they hope. Some people were saying he was unlucky to have that ball deflect off him in mid week but he dived so late he was kind of crawling along his goal line. He just seems to have really poor technique in so many areas.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I have only watched Silivar a couple of times but he is so bad at so many things I'm sceptical he can become as good as they hope. Some people were saying he was unlucky to have that ball deflect off him in mid week but he dived so late he was kind of crawling along his goal line. He just seems to have really poor technique in so many areas.
He is 18, never had played professional football before he arrived this Summer, they signed him from Anderlecht because he didn't wanted to renew his contract with them, he still has a lot of matches to develop.

Main problem I can see is their former GK coach went to work with Marco Silva and their current one from the stuff I read in Benfica forums isn't much rated, only time will tell if he is going to improve.

Oblak with the same age was loaned to Leiria, the year after to Rio Ave, and only established in the first team with 20 years.

Ederson has the same age as Oblak, when he was 18 Benfica loaned with him to a club in the third tier in Portugal, below the level of the B team, spent the other 3 seasons at Rio Ave until we was 22, when he returned to Benfica he wasn't the number 1, it was Julio César the former keeper from Brasil NT, only played as Benfica number 1 for a year and a half.

This all to say, if you ask me as a rival do I want the kid to keep doing the same mistakes? Absolutely. Is he better than Patricio? Of course not. Will he ever be? Don't know, the Benfica scouts were keeping an eye on him since he was on the Anderlecht youth teams, and also on a under 17 European Championship where he played for Belgium.

Of course this only was possible because Julio Cesar doesn't have the capacity atm to replace Ederson, Bruno Varela former Portugal under 21 keeper simply doesn't have the potential, so the kid was launched as number 1 keeper in a team who has the biggest suport in Portugal, in a awfull context where they lost 5:0 at Basel and with CSKA at home, and the first game he played was a Cup match where they played against a club in the third tier and were totally dominated, and 4 days later he played his first competitive match at Estadio da Luz against United.

How many kids with his age do you see playing as keepers at this level? In the Champions League? Maybe he is not yet ready, but certainly will improve, different is trying to compare him with Oblak or Ederson, different context and situation, only in 2 to 3 years we can see if he is going on the same path or no. ;)

Alabaster Codify7

Svilar?
First time I saw him was in our first leg...I said to my mate, he looks like a youth team LB who's been forced to play in goal for the very first time.

I'm not seeing ANYTHING in that lad to suggest he's a good keeper, he's so poor at so many things - at least he's young I guess.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Svilar?
First time I saw him was in our first leg...I said to my mate, he looks like a youth team LB who's been forced to play in goal for the very first time.

I'm not seeing ANYTHING in that lad to suggest he's a good keeper, he's so poor at so many things - at least he's young I guess.
The thread is about Ederson, was only answering a question or opinion, I don't predict the future.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Svilar?

:confused: He wasn’t that bad. I think he had a very good game on tuesday. Looks like a very promising gk

Charles Miller

I'd guess so. Only a matter of time on current form, I'd say though that's a bit OTT from me as I don't know much about Alisson, who I think is their current #1?
Alisson is doing great this season for Roma.
The Brazilian coaches of the nt not necessarily will pick the best players at each position.
When you're a veteran in the team is hard to lose your place. Only after major competitions we see changes.

A good example is Fabinho(Monaco) whos never called and is probably better than the other midfielders.
Malcom(Bordeaux) deserves a chance too.
Yunes(Ajax) is in the german squad all the time, but David Neres playing in the same team and scoring much more is never called for Brazil.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Alisson is doing great this season for Roma.
The Brazilian coaches of the nt not necessarily will pick the best players at each position.
When you're a veteran in the team is hard to lose your place. Only after major competitions we see changes.

A good example is Fabinho(Monaco) whos never called and is probably better than the other midfielders.
Malcom(Bordeaux) deserves a chance too.
Yunes(Ajax) is in the german squad all the time, but David Neres playing in the same team and scoring much more is never called for Brazil.
Thanks for the update CM. And yeah, Fabinho deserves a chance, but even though the current midfield isn't exactly world class, they work well as a unit, so won't change it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Channeling his inner Joe Hart tonight.
Think he pulled out of that challenge in case he either got a red or injured (thinking ahead to the last 16/derby).

padr81

Supports
Man City

Lovely excuse for shite keeping from the 'best sweeper in the world.'
I never said it wasn't shite keeping did I? I said he pulled out of a challenge which he did as clear as day. I also never said he was the best sweeper keeper in the world.

Sylar

Dont think we will see him make a mistake like that for a long time now. Was hoping he would save that for Sunday lol

padr81

Supports
Man City
No one has said that.
Its a narrative alot of fans on here seem to spout about City supporters, though I haven't read a single comment by a City fan on here even remotely implying it.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
What was that save attempt for the 1st goal all about???

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Second time he's made that exact mistake. Against us in the pre-season with Lukaku too.
As opposed to the numerous times he's timed it perfectly and potentially saved us a fair few goals already this season. Making mistakes like the one today are always going to happen with the style Pep demands of him, it's only an issue if it is happening regularly. Once in pre-season and once 20+ games into the season is pretty good going (and both in meaningless games, it's worth adding).

Law's Law

Supports
Manchester City
He did pull out of it, but chances it would have still ended in a goal had he stayed back.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Never understand why GK's come running out like that outside the box, especially when a player already has the ball under control.

Really poor decision, I would always prefer the keeper to stay on the line rather than do that.

marktan

Don't think he's that great a keeper, made a massive error vs Shaktar, and for Rashford's goal today he went so wide that he practically gave him an open net to to score into. We just haven't attacked him enough.

El Zoido

Save was nothing special, knew nothing about the first one cause it hit him in the face, second one was straight at him and he would have had to dodge out of the way to let it in. Sky creaming themselves over it though.

Tarrou

Save was nothing special, knew nothing about the first one cause it hit him in the face, second one was straight at him and he would have had to dodge out of the way to let it in. Sky creaming themselves over it though.
in fairness he did well to react quickly after the first one twatted him square in the face

walkinhop

The ball hit him and no special positioning was required. The situation speaks more about Lukaku than of the GK

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Miles better than Bravo.

The sort that inspires confidence, Bravo just provoked panic.

criticalanalysis

Call it like it is guys. The saves was brilliant. Yes he didn't know much about it but he stood up and didn't duck/dive out of the way many other keepers would have.

He's not DDG but he has other qualities. A shame that he's perfect for City atm.