Edinson Cavani - Manchester United Player

Sparky Rhiwabon

Won't be surprised if he becomes the main CF with Martial moving to the left, he's better cutting in from the left then Rashford, imo, I also reckon Rashford should be played on the right as hes the best crosser among our forwards. Greenwood being two footed will be first choice for the entire front 3.

Cavani
Martial Rashford​
Rashford has been terrible on the right

ti vu

People interpreted giving Cavani no 7 for 2 years contract = Sancho off, me thinks...

el3mel

He's not just a squad player is he?

No. 7, massive agent fee and big wages. He's coming to be a starter here.
Of course he's not coming to be just content with the bench. He's coming to be a main player here.

He'll have Martial on his toes and both will have to perform at 100% at least to secure a place. Competition will be great for us, I believe.

mu4c_20le

How are you so sure his still beast when he hasn't shown it for a couple seasons and is coming off the back a injury hit season?
Because hes a physical freak of nature, in the mould of Ronaldo.

FattyFooty

If we want him to do well here, maybe we should get behind he's back. Give him the 7 to show our trust in him.

Cavani has been good for years. Let's hope he continues here....

Highfather_24

Its apparent the club knew we wouldnt get Sancho, so they got Cavani #7 instead to appease the fans. They think we are stupid enough to just see a big name and be happy. This is humiliating.

I fecking hate Woodward.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm going to park my sense of foreboding at this signing and wish him all the best. We certainly need help this year.

Ekeke

Top striker who would have been a great signing in 2015.

Its 2020. Reminds me a lot of the Ibrahimovic signing, which initially I thought was fine but turns out we were paying him a fortune he wasnt worth. Cant help but suspect this is the same. He was on like 300k at Paris

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Its apparent the club knew we wouldnt get Sancho, so they got Cavani #7 instead to appease the fans. They think we are stupid enough to just see a big name and be happy. This is humiliating.

I fecking hate Woodward.
You think they're ITK?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’m not sure why it’s getting so much hate. A one year deal for an extra attacker is nothing to frown at. He’s got experience which is an attribute lacking among our attackers. If he flops, then so be it. He goes next summer. If it works, then it could be a proper coup.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Nope. We spent 100 on these players. Seems clear now that Sancho wasn't coming for less than 120 before or after August 10th.
so we opted for a bunch mediocre cause we were 10m short of buying the best young player in the world that plays in the position we are in the most need to cover. Nice.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
It's the nature of the whole sancho saga.

They basically said.... It's done lads. No sancho not never.

Those talking about it being just a number should go support city.
Jesus Christ. The rattle is well and truly out of this pram. :lol:

Fooza

We probably the only project after him but none the less, let's hope he tears the league and has an RVP effect,

vidic blood & sand

Panic buy deluxe, but when he's fit he gives 100% and leads the line well. A proper striker. So will take him rather than nothing.
Number 7 shirt? meh who gives a shit. It was given to Michael Owen.

Suv666

People really getting mad at him getting number 7 :lol:
Expected really. We spent half the window chasing Sancho. I dont know who makes these sort of decision at the club because this just asking for trouble.

Denis79

People interpreted giving Cavani no 7 for 2 years contract = Sancho off, me thinks...
Don't think he was ever in. Days of us getting the most sought after talent are over. It's either getting players like Falcao, Zlatan, Cavani who are past their prime or finding gems like Bruno.

STYLOISRED

Hopefully he will be able to help us, i should imagine Greenwood will learn a lot from him id like to see them played as a front 2 a few times so Greenwood can get experience in the Strikers role with him "mentoring" him for want of a better word.

He could be useful in the CL as well due to his experience

However if we wanted him why didn't we get him earlier rather than scrabbling around in our usual fashion on the last day for him

Ole will have to manage his games very carefully, he wont be able to run him into the ground with his injury record and age. If he can get over his injuries and we use him carefully it may be a very useful signing.

How long a deal have we given him and any hint on his wage? Also is he ready to go now given Martial is banned or is he recovering from injury? I guess its a bit like Bale a bit of a punt that could work it could not.
We did inquire earlier but his wage demands put us off. It also put off Juve and Athletico.
I reckon he realised no was going to pay him 10m/yr and decided to lower his demands once Juve bought Morata and Suarez moved to Athletico.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
waste of a position in the roster nothing to build on and 10m a year. It's a dumb move.

so we opted for a bunch mediocre cause we were 10m short of buying the best young player in the world that plays in the position we are in the most need to cover. Nice.
We weren't chasing Mbappe mate.

Renegade

Because hes a physical freak of nature, in the mould of Ronaldo.
Maybe if Ronaldo spent a whole season on the treatment table. I think his more comparable to a Sanchez to a Ronaldo personally. We’ll l see though. As a United fan I hope to god he proves me wrong.

Thiagoal

Nice to have a striker with a bit of devil about them! Far too ‘nice’ a team at the moment! Could well be a catalyst! Fingers crossed!

mu4c_20le

Top striker who would have been a great signing in 2015.

Its 2020. Reminds me a lot of the Ibrahimovic signing, which initially I thought was fine but turns out we were paying him a fortune he wasnt worth. Cant help but suspect this is the same. He was on like 300k at Paris
He dropped down to around 200k to come here and I'd be happy with Zlatan like contributions. His second season was poor but first was great

lilcurt

This club can feck off. Giving him the #7 just shows their lack of awareness.

Fecking hate them.

nameischarles

Cavani getting the number 7 is Ed giving the fans the middle finger.

Anyways hope he does well here.

James Peril

Does he speak a single word of English? Genuinely interested, would be very important to the way he integrates and motivates himself short-term.