Edinson Cavani - SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

macheda14

Excessive use of smilies
You are really good with those smileys.

It is just a shame you can't make a coherent point.
Your post doesn't deserve a coherent response. Cavani meant that Martial got sent off today.. My word what a stupid assumption to make. You deserve the smileys. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

djdhrubs

Can we stop with this 'he's probably having second thoughts about joining now' type comments? I think that's nonsense. Someone is about to join Manchester United, and will get paid very handsomely for doing so. I'm sure second thoughts about joining are the last thing on their minds! They're ecstatic.

Also, the best players would see it as a challenge. Did Bruno have second thoughts about joining us after seeing the shitshow at home against Burnley last season?

MattyB1986

Funnily enough that’s what people said about Zlatan too. Coming from the same club and almost identical situations! Amazing how short our memories are.

I’m happy to have someone who can realistically push our front three for a spot in the team and someone who is proven to score goals by the truckload.
The only similarities are he was free and came from PSG.

Zlatan: Came here off a back of a good season, fit, raring to go. Albeit, was on the decline from past Zlatan obviously. But still had something in the tank due to fitness.

Cavani: Dropped by PSG, injury plagued last season, not played in a year, injuries, with a national coach saying, he'll never be the same player.

I don't know how the situations are identical.

WPMUFC

Anyone thinking he'll play to cover the martial ban is delusional. The guy will be lucky to be fit enough for the bench by mid November or early December

Hes done absolutely nothing for months.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Yes big regrets because a handful of redcafe posters don't understand sports psychology and team dynamics.

Now that does deserve a laughing smiley...

Edit. I do wonder if you can even count to 10. Maybe try again.
Dude, what wrong with you? I mean for real...

The national team assistant coach said he couldn't even make a qualifer squad because months of covid regulations have fecked his training regime. Hes been doing NOTHING for months
Yeah, “fecking up his regime” isn’t the same as doing nothing man.
He looks fit as a fiddle and is a renowned top pro with access to facilities that millionaires always have.
Training to stay in shape isn’t the same as training football with a team, but let’s not make out he’s been sat watching TV and eating crisps for months.
He’ll need a few weeks training with the team for his sharpness is all.

VanHaal'sRedArmy

At this point, I'm all for this transfer. Our strikers can't seem to hit the barn door and the team looks like a bunch of scared schoolboys.

Red00012

Anyone thinking he'll play to cover the martial ban is delusional. The guy will be lucky to be fit enough for the bench by mid November or early December

Hes done absolutely nothing for months.
Yes he’s been swigging pints for the last 6 months

Boneli

The national team assistant coach said he couldn't even make a qualifer squad because months of covid regulations have fecked his training regime. Hes been doing NOTHING for months
You make it sound like he’s going to rock up at his medical looking like Jardel at Bolton...

Judas

Open to offers
Some on here seem to have the biggest bonk on at the idea of this going badly, which is kind of baffling really. We might not all love it, but some seem giddy at how bad it could potentially be? Odd.

FizzyWomack

Yeah, “fecking up his regime” isn’t the same as doing nothing man.
He looks fit as a fiddle and is a renowned top pro with access to facilities that millionaires always have.
Training to stay in shape isn’t the same as training football with a team, but let’s not make out he’s been sat watching TV and eating crisps for months.
He’ll need a few weeks training with the team for his sharpness is all.

Brilliant. Judging from his little fitness video he hasn't been eating pot noodles and Pringles.

Can he cut it in the premier league is another question however? I might be in the minority but im excited to see what Cavani can do for us.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Brilliant. Judging from his little fitness video he hasn't been eating pot noodles and Pringles.

Can he cut it in the premier league is another question however? I might be in the minority but im excited to see what Cavani can do for us.
Which video?

Enigma_87

You know who
The only similarities are he was free and came from PSG.

Zlatan: Came here off a back of a good season, fit, raring to go. Albeit, was on the decline from past Zlatan obviously. But still had something in the tank due to fitness.

Cavani: Dropped by PSG, injury plagued last season, not played in a year, injuries, with a national coach saying, he'll never be the same player.

I don't know how the situations are identical.
Cavani's biggest asset is his movement and ability to get into positions.

He's become very injury prone, hasn't played regularly for about a year. Scored 7 in his last 22 games and about to turn 34 in 4 months.

Zlatan - scored 50 in his last 51 games before joining us, his asset was never pace and played close to 50 games in our first season.

Almost identical. :D

Are we seriously about to pay him north of 200k per week?

Crustanoid

No one else wants him with good reason. Expensive crock in major decline.

Yet another idiot move by Ed

b20times

So we've gone from Sancho to Bale to Dembele to Fati to 34 year old Cavani!
You got to love Mr Woodward, he knows a bargain when he sees one.

WPMUFC

My argument = he hasn't been training for months, there's no way he can be ready to cover for martial

Redcafe = omg why are you saying he's obese and drinking alcohol everyday.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't think he'll be ready to start in 2 weeks. But I hope he will be a strong addition over the course of the season.

lsd

The Oracle
I'm sure he is in decent shape . Doesn't seem the kind of person who would let him self go especially when he has been looking to sign for a new club

Deery

Dreary
It doesn’t really matter if he’s in shape, you can do all the training you like but at nearly 34 he’s not going to have much legs about him anyway.

MattyB1986

Cavani's biggest asset is his movement and ability to get into positions.

He's become very injury prone, hasn't played regularly for about a year. Scored 7 in his last 22 games and about to turn 34 in 4 months.

Zlatan - scored 50 in his last 51 games before joining us, his asset was never pace and played close to 50 games in our first season.

Almost identical. :D

Are we seriously about to pay him north of 200k per week?
I don't understand the direction of this club anymore. From the well-oiled machine to the jokes of what we've become is quite upsetting. Nobody else even wants him. That says it all, my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.