Edinson Cavani

No.8

Like Ibrahimovic but better!

He's got quite an impressive record and his pace and power would bode well in the Premier League. I'm not saying he's a player we should go for but I do think he'd fit well in this league and wouldn't be surprised to see a few clubs going in for him soon, he's only 25 and has made his mark at Napoli with 44 goals in 61 appearances.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
I'm just disappointed he had to have one of his poorer games at Stamford Bridge last week.

Agree that hes a fantastic talent though, would be an asset to pretty much any side.

No.8

Zlatan pisses all over him to be honest
I'm not sure he 'pisses all over him' tbh - Zlatan has proven himself at a higher level for sure but other than his spell at Inter his goalscoring record isn't much better and career totals are close too.

Ibrahimovic - Apps 468 Goals 224

Cavani - Apps 231 Goals 108

At 25 if Cavani continues this sort of form he could have a better goals per game ratio than Ibrahimovic.

No.8

Done an advanced search and even went back 10 pages, my bad. Of course it does help if people spell his name right!

Sewelly The Geordie

I'm not sure he 'pisses all over him' tbh - Zlatan has proven himself at a higher level for sure but other than his spell at Inter his goalscoring record isn't much better and career totals are close too.

At 25 if Cavani continues this sort of form he could have a better goals per game ratio than Ibrahimovic.
Not all about goalscoring though. Cavani is a brilliant finisher left, right, head and is a willing runner but he does it in a system that is built to get goals out of him.

He's a fantastic striker no doubt, but Zlatan lifts teams to titles on his own. He's been the goalscorer and the playmaker for both Inter and Milan now.

SATA

As a footballer

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Numbers are one thing but the things Zlatan can do with the ball, the goals he can score..
Cavani isn't on the same level even if he's a very good player

MaroonPondlife

Id have cavani in my team over Ibra anyday. At the big stage, Ibra can't be found. Still like him as a striker though, he's a great striker.
This .... its all about the present and for me Cavani is the better player just now. Always enjoyed watching Ibrahimovic but when it comes to crunch games in the CL he does seem to go missing. He slows teams down. He didn't work at Barca, he wouldn't work at Madrid, nor Munich, nor United, nor even Napoli.

Saying that, watch him make me eat my chapeau vs Barcelona in the next few weeks.

Varun

Staff
Ibra is quite comfortably the more skillful player with regards to what he can do with the ball or the types of skills he can perform. Even the kind of brilliant goals he scores.

But, Cavani is a fantastic striker and would be great in the premiership.

Given a choice to have one, i'd take Cavani.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He was being a bit of a crybaby in recent weeks about not playing in his prefered position (as a 9) but surely if you complain about it, when you have your chances you have to take them. He was awful in both legs. Lucas was PSG's most dangerous player.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Talk about waiting in the long grass!! 2 years since the last post!!!
On this forum people using come crawling out of the woodwork after a player has a bad game to put them down!

RedRover

Allegedly told he would get a game regularly upfront alongside Ibrahimovic - then moved wide left all season. No wonder he wants away.

Poor tonight but forwards need games upfront to get into a bit of form.

That said - missed a great chance.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
On this forum people using come crawling out of the woodwork after a player has a bad game to put them down!
Yeap. Cavani will be the new Zlatan now. Bad game against English team in CL = Crap and Overrated.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
Yeap. Cavani will be the new Zlatan now. Bad game against English team in CL = Crap and Overrated.
I'm one of those who doesn't rate Ibra as highly as some :nervous:

It is ridiculous on here at times. Just need to look at Man Utd and see how top strikers can have bad games. Especially when out of form and playing out of position or in a new system. Cavani is a top player, he looks horribly out of form and think he is being wasted at PSG.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He is better than he played in first game(haven't watched the second), but still very overrated player. Some people were happy to sell van Persie and add more money for him.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
What a clown.

I agree that he's better than he's shown over both legs but both performances were unbelievably bad.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I'm one of those who doesn't rate Ibra as highly as some :nervous:

It is ridiculous on here at times. Just need to look at Man Utd and see how top strikers can have bad games. Especially when out of form and playing out of position or in a new system. Cavani is a top player, he looks horribly out of form and think he is being wasted at PSG.
He is not happy there and wants out if he does not get to play up top. Wonder if Chelsea will be in for him now