Edinson Cavani

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yet he failed to make an impact in the Champions League (yeah he scored a couple against Anderlecht and Olympiakos but that's about it) and missed countless sitters in the World cup. I don't think he has lived up to his price tag at all yet. And his Serie A record does look good but the level of the League dropped massively in the last few years. I mean even Luca Toni managed to score 20 odd goals there last season.
Are you talking about his time at PSG? Because for Napoli he scored 3 against Man City and one or two against Chelsea.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
He's crap.

Complete flat track bully.

Anyone who thinks he's even remotely good is fecking deluded.

Don't care that he's been played out of position at PSG. That argument is bullshit. Much like Welbeck whilst he was here, if he was actually fit for purpose up front and could be trusted to deliver good performances as a central striker, then he fecking would've played there. As it is, he isn't trusted and it's fecking obvious why, he's fecking crap.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He's crap.

Don't care that he's been played out of position at PSG. That argument is bullshit. Much like Welbeck whilst he was here, if he was actually fit for purpose up front and could be trusted to deliver good performances as a central striker, then he fecking would've played there. As it is, he isn't trusted and it's fecking obvious why, he's fecking crap.
So what you trying to say?

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Have you seen his record for psg before you go ahead comparing him to welbeck? He's got at least one in two for psg so far iirc.
Why is Welbeck mentioned in every thread????
He's not Eric Cantona!!

Seems that the only thread that Welbeck isn't mentioned in is the Brentan thread. Incredible scenes

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's crap.

This makes no sense whatsoever while I agree he hasn't been good enough for PSG. Your logic is stupid though, if you have Ibra ahead of you at the striker position then not playing there isn't an issue of not being trusted at all. Ibrahimovic has been the best n°9 in the world for a while.

Stringer

He's crap.

:lol:

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He's crap.

:lol: He's scored at least 25 goals every consecutive season since the age of 22. You couldn't name many strikers who have done that in the past decade ffs.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
The French league experts out in force again after watching a player once a season. Total hyperbole. 15 in 28 is hardly bad for a guy who doesn't play centre forward. 5 in 6 in champs league too.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The French league experts out in force again after watching a player once a season. Total hyperbole. 15 in 28 is hardly bad for a guy who doesn't play centre forward. 5 in 6 in champs league too.
I doubt anyone is doubting his goal scoring record mate, I for one just don't rate him that highly and Ive seen him play quite a few times.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The French league experts out in force again after watching a player once a season.
Who cares how he plays in French league when he fails in literally every big game people(who don't bother following League 1) are watching him?

Kag

Any time he's in on goal in these big matches I never expect him to score, and he doesn't :lol:
This is my problem with him. I only watch him in these big games but this is where the top players earn their money. He gives you the impression he's going to miss.

And then he does.

Count Orduck

He worked really hard, got himself into great positions and made excellent runs, but his touch was shocking and his finishing was even worse.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Who cares how he plays in French league when he fails in literally every big game people(who don't bother following League 1) are watching him?
Didn't he score in the first leg?... the same stick was used to beat Ibra with for years, and Henry.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
This is my problem with him. I only watch him in these big games but this is where the top players earn their money. He gives you the impression he's going to miss.

And then he does.
the very fact he felt the need to round the keeper tells you all you need to know. He's no confidence in his own finishing ability in the big pressure moments, and even after he basically worked an open goal he still fecking missed.

Lay

He scored in the first leg and played pretty well no? He's scored against Man City twice and Chelsea before hasn't he?

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Didn't he score in the first leg?... the same stick was used to beat Ibra with for years, and Henry.
He did score, but I don't remember him being great in that game either. Both Ibra and Henry are twice the players he is, I really don't get the comparision.

He scored in the first leg and played pretty well no? He's scored against Man City twice and Chelsea before hasn't he?
For Napoli, yes. But for PSG he was terrible last year against Chelsea.

Lay

He did score, but I don't remember him being great in that game either. Both Ibra and Henry are twice the players he is, I really don't get the comparision.

For Napoli, yes. But for PSG he was terrible last year against Chelsea.
Still goes against the literally every game bollocks. He was good in the first leg of this tie as well.

Enigma_87

You know who
He's nothing like Henry or Ibra, both are quite better than him. Also Ibra has proven himself in Spain, Italy, France.. Cavani was prolific only in Napoli. This year when Ibra missed big part of the season he is still outscoring him.

Skills

Snitch
I thought he did very well today. Worked his bollocks off with 10 men and still managed to get into very good positions.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Still goes against the literally every game bollocks. He was good in the first leg of this tie as well.
Maybe too harsh with literally, but go back through this thread or others threads about him and you'll see people are mostly bumping them because they were disappointed with his performance in some big games they were watching at the time.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Works hard, good touch and control but his finishing is so unpredictable any time I watch him. He looks good but nothing major

Robbie Boy

Worked hard and performed his task well when PSG went down to ten men. I would imagine that he done exactly what was asked of him. Never looked overly threatening though and his first touch was often poor.

Meller

I've seen him live once against Lecce whilst playing for Napoli. He got sent off after an hour. He also scored a goal, which would be the only goal I've seen the guy score (probably).

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Misses the easiest chances but worked really hard which is never easy away with 1 man less for more than an entire half plus ET.