Edinson Cavani

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Wouldn't mind that because by the time he would leave hopefully Martial would be well on his way to fulfilling his potential.
If I had my druthers, I'd much rather have rented Zlatan for a year or two. But it's a bit late for that...

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Don't understand all the anti-Cavani talk when we've been putting up with Rooney's horseshite for the last couple of years. I wouldn't take him at any price with ridiculous wages but I would have him instead of Rooney any day of the week ! I also wouldn't have him under LvG either...that would just be doomed to failure. A couple of missed chances whilst he gets used to the league then off to the U21s or stuck on the bench!

ravi2

Don't understand all the anti-Cavani talk when we've been putting up with Rooney's horseshite for the last couple of years. I wouldn't take him at any price with ridiculous wages but I would have him instead of Rooney any day of the week ! I also wouldn't have him under LvG either...that would just be doomed to failure. A couple of missed chances whilst he gets used to the league then off to the U21s or stuck on the bench!

Cavani has always been seriously overpriced, not to mention he is the kind of ST that needs service to score and we dont create that many chances these days. It would make little sense to get him at this point, we need more of a Dybala type who is fast and can create his own chances IMO.

Drifter

American
PSG kicked off against Chelsea on Tuesday night without Edinson Cavani in their starting line-up. The Uruguayan strike has been out of favour recently at PSG, both on and off the pitch.

Cavani's performances have been questioned by the local media and his attitude brought into some doubt. Being played wide to accommodate Zlatan Ibrahimovic has been the problem and that issue remains, with a transfer looking increasingly like a possibility.

Catalan newspaper Sport have carried comments Luis Cavani, the footballer's father, gave to Sport 5 in Israel.

We have no idea what Luis Cavani was doing speaking to Israeli channel Sport 5 about his Uruguayan son who plays in France, but he's quoted by Sport as saying: "Real Madrid and Manchester United would be a good option for him, and we have also heard that other teams are interested in my son."

Manchester United have long been linked with Cavani but it remains to be seen if they're still interested in the 29 year old.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/...t-summer-move-to-man-united-feel-it-s-good-so

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Edinson Cavani confirms he is interested in the Premier League

PSG striker Edinson Cavani has confirmed in an interview with Fox Sports that he is interested in joining a Premier League side at some point during his career.

“Do I want to play in the Premier League. Honestly, I would be ironic if I said no. It is normal to think about it, it is the most wonderful league, the most important league in the world. For any player who has dreamt about the highest level, to be named as a target for these clubs, that grabs your attention.”

“But that stops there. The reality, is, today, I am a PSG player. I have always said it, I have always respected the shirt of the clubs that I play for as if I was a fan. The reality is that I am here, at PSG, that is my situation, I have a contract, I have to respect it. We will see in the future, you never know. But it is true that the Premier League is very attractive.”

Cavani also talked about Ligue 1:

“It is a very physical, very difficult league. You can think that it is easy. But last season, we really struggled to win, like the season before it. It is easy to say that Ligue 1 is easy. But I would invite the players to come here and play in it so that they can form an opinion. It is far from easy.”

March 22nd, 2016

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Perfect Mourinho type player, can give you a physical presence up front or from the wing, works hard and tracks back for the 90 mins. What he lacks in technique and style he makes up for in industry and graft. I'll get money on him coming here if and when Mourinho is confirmed.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Cavani is not born to make us dream but to score. His technical skills are average.

If you want a pure striker able to score in any circumstances, in any league whatever the tactical system, he is your man.

A guy obsessed with the goal and whose physical impact is impressive.

Cavani with Aston Villa would be able to score between 20 and 30 goals imho.

He is Uruguyan so he does not care about the weather or the number of restaurants in Manchester.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Cavani scored yesterday against Brazil :cool:

David Luiz is still a joke.

GloryHunter07

Cavani is not born to make us dream but to score. His technical skills are average.

If you want a pure striker able to score in any circumstances, in any league whatever the tactical system, he is your man.

A guy obsessed with the goal and whose physical impact is impressive.

Cavani with Aston Villa would be able to score between 20 and 30 goals imho.

He is Uruguyan so he does not care about the weather or the number of restaurants in Manchester.
I dont think Messi would score that many at Villa!

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He's not half as bad as what some on here percieve him to be, the issue is less his ability for me, and more his age at the fee/wages he'd cost.

salford_

He's a good player, just PSG dont use him properly. His Napoli form says so. Wouldnt go over 30-35m for him

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He's a good player, just PSG dont use him properly. His Napoli form says so. Wouldnt go over 30-35m for him
Cavani is made to play as a CF but we have Zlatan so he has played 90% of his games as a winger!

The market is crazy so I am sure Cavani will find a club ready to spend 35-40m.

Clubs like Chelsea, Juventus or Atletico Madrid are interested.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
If Zlatan Ibrahimovic stays, Edinson Cavani will make a transfer request

According to our colleagues at L’Équipe, should Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic agree to extend his contract with PSG, with his current deal expiring at the end of the season, then Edinson Cavani will submit a transfer request.

The Uruguayan has been relegated to the substitutes bench for any game of importance by PSG manager Laurent Blanc. His current deal runs until 2018 and his entourage ideally want for the player to be able to remain at PSG as the undisputed striker next season.

If that fails to materialise, then they will seek the exit door.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
He's gonna cry a river when Ronny turfs up there then.

Fer

I can see him leaving PSG in the summer. I hope that he isn't Mourinho's type of striker.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I can see him leaving PSG in the summer. I hope that he isn't Mourinho's type of striker.
If Zlatan leaves which is looking likely, surely Cavani will stay.

And he definitely is a Mou type striker.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I know he has decent stats but he's been Benteke-At-Liverpool levels of shit whenever I see him play.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I know he has decent stats but he's been Benteke-At-Liverpool levels of shit whenever I see him play.
He doesn't ever really play his best position, though does he? He became a big star playing as the main striker at the spearhead of that Napoli team. How can he do that at PSG with Zlatan there? Was stupid for him to go there in the first place so you can't exactly feel sorry for him now that he's unhappy with his role.

He should've come to Chelsea a couple of years ago when we were heavily linked. ;)

salford_

He doesn't ever really play his best position, though does he? He became a big star playing as the main striker at the spearhead of that Napoli team. How can he do that at PSG with Zlatan there? Was stupid for him to go there in the first place so you can't exactly feel sorry for him now that he's unhappy with his role.

He should've come to Chelsea a couple of years ago when we were heavily linked. ;)
He'll end up at chelsea this summer if Costa goes and cavani leaves psg.

Betson

Has this morning handed in official transfer request , given our current situation we will inevitable be linked.

Paul_Scholes18

A good shout that, he would add experience to our young forwards aswell.
Yeah only problem is that he can be a problem maker at times as well as his age. Him and Neymar had the classical fights over pens.
With Rashford out he could take them though ;).
Although I think he missed one in the CL recently when Neymar let him have it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Yeah only problem is that he can be a problem maker at times as well as his age. Him and Neymar had the classical fights over pens.
Surely he would be alright for a short term solution. I’d much prefer us to sign Werner but we have no chance this month.

Bojan11

How is he a problem maker? Was he not the penalty taker before Neymar got there?

That was Emery doing a bottle job. Cavani replaced Ibra as the pen taker. Then Neymar arrived and Emery didn’t bother informing Cavani that Neymar is taking them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Cavani's gone from best odds of 20/1 to 2/1 in the last 12 hours. Must just be mugs or some value betting. No real concrete links yet.

Edit: PP & BF now make him 13/8 to join United over slightly longer 17/10 for Atletico.