Edinson Cavani

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
How is he a problem maker? Was he not the penalty taker before Neymar got there?

That was Emery doing a bottle job. Cavani replaced Ibra as the pen taker. Then Neymar arrived and Emery didn’t bother informing Cavani that Neymar is taking them.
He's not really a problem maker, this whole pen thing was poorly managed by Emery and not helped by Alves.

The biggest problem Cavani has when he's not on the pitch is the fact that he remains a very lonely character and doesn't really bond with other players. When it comes to influence in the locker room, he has little to none because he doesn't socialize much.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Said a week or so ago we should be in for him, but I think he’s off to Atletico. He could definitely do a job on a short term deal, I guess it depends what he’s offered elsewhere.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nothing in this IMO. Just rumors that come about because it absolutely makes perfect sense and would be the logical thing to do, but not something we actually do (unfortunately). The management dont care about our current season/situation.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
He'll be in Atletico by the end of the week.
Leonardo clearly indicated that their offer is far from being satisfactory atm. They'll have to make a far bigger effort if they want him and reports in spain indicate that they don't have a lot of wiggle room.
On top of that, Atletico had ridiculous demands for Felipe Luis when PSG wanted to buy him because they didn't want him to leave so I doubt PSG will make this transfer easy on them.

peridigm

He's not really a problem maker, this whole pen thing was poorly managed by Emery and not helped by Alves.

The biggest problem Cavani has when he's not on the pitch is the fact that he remains a very lonely character and doesn't really bond with other players. When it comes to influence in the locker room, he has little to none because he doesn't socialize much.
Sounds like Sanchez.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Been saying that the profile of Cavani or Diego Costa would suit us in January. If Cavani goes to Atleti, Costa will definitely be available.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Leonardo clearly indicated that their offer is far from being satisfactory atm. They'll have to make a far bigger effort if they want him and reports in spain indicate that they don't have a lot of wiggle room.
On top of that, Atletico had ridiculous demands for Felipe Luis when PSG wanted to buy him because they didn't want him to leave so I doubt PSG will make this transfer easy on them.
Yeah, I guess, but I just can't see you really being that bothered about a 33 year old who's not appeared for you that much this season.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
watching our presser, Lampard is certainly interested in Cavani this window. Clear as day

RedIan

Hes 33 in 3 weeks, cant get in the PSG team. Is he he answer? Not for me plus i think he will got to Athletico Madrid this month..

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
watching our presser, Lampard is certainly interested in Cavani this window. Clear as day
I think he'll be very similar to how Higuain was for you lot. Or Falcao for us. Or Falcao for you.

Absolutely shit.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Hes 33 in 3 weeks, cant get in the PSG team. Is he he answer? Not for me plus i think he will got to Athletico Madrid this month..
He is up against Mbappe, Neymar and Icardi. What on Earth do you expect? What available striker would get in that team? It’s hardly a stick to beat him with. Another play who can’t get in the PSG team is Herrera and it seems most people would be desperate for him to come back.

Varun1

He is up against Mbappe, Neymar and Icardi. What on Earth do you expect? What available striker would get in that team? It’s hardly a stick to beat him with. Another play who can’t get in the PSG team is Herrera and it seems most people would be desperate for him to come back.
Agree with the rest of what you're saying. Is Herrera really not getting game time or I thought he was injured?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Barca not interested? Seeing as they need to replace Suarez

redshaw

Thought he might be good for us but don't know about his injuries. Read it's not good recently. We sure don't need someone likely to get injured on big wages. If PSG can't keep him fit the we'll have him bedridden in a week.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Injury record aside, I'm not sure a big player like this is easy to handle for Ole. I'd like him as a stop-gap though. A very very good stop-gap.

Andersons Dietician

Been saying that the profile of Cavani or Diego Costa would suit us in January. If Cavani goes to Atleti, Costa will definitely be available.
I agree but do have to wonder how much money would either be expecting a week? Personally I’d prefer Cavani. What either be on a week? If it’s like 140k for 2 years with an option for a 3rd then fare enough but if it’s like 200k then nah.

tomaldinho1

This is fine for a loan though - to be honest we have enough of a spanish speaking group that he can have some support when if arrives and we can pretty much guarantee him regular football + a chance to lift the cup of all cups, the Europa!!

Judas

Open to offers
I am honestly shocked how many people want him. Have you lot not learnt anything? He's too old, he's too injury prone, he wouldn't want to be here for anything but the money, he'd be a total disaster. If we signed him it would be the biggest sign yet that this faith in Ole and a "plan for the future" is absolute bollocks.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I think he'll be very similar to how Higuain was for you lot. Or Falcao for us. Or Falcao for you.

Absolutely shit.
fair point. Could add Pato to that, people forget we had him on loan too.

For a loan for 6 months, could do far worse. But i think he ends up at Atletico

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He wont take a loan when he can get a permanent move
yeh suppose. An 18 month deal could be a thing too. Why would anyone not take him in that scenario, especially if you need a striker. This also has Mourinho late swoop all over it too... unless Levy baulks at the wages

OverratedOpinion

On an 18 month deal or even a 6 month loan he would be just about perfect if you ask me. Considering the youngsters we have coming through especially. I do agree that it wont happen though, makes too much sense.

Jericholyte2

With everything put together, age, lack of playing time, recent injuries I would only accept him if it was on an Ashley Young type deal - six month contract with an option of an extre year and a fee of no more than £5m.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
fair point. Could add Pato to that, people forget we had him on loan too.

For a loan for 6 months, could do far worse. But i think he ends up at Atletico
I completely forgot you had Pato! Yeah, that’s how I’d envisage it going. I may be wrong of course.

I don’t think we’ll find out, as I agree, I think he’ll go Atlético

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs

Agree, but I'd argue you should add quotes to "biggest problem". Yes, he is not a massive influence like Zlatan, that's not part of the package, but you will hardly find a more down to earth, honest, disciplined and hardworking guy than Cavani. It does indeed make him a misfit in the midst of World Class players... I mean, this is a guy who is studying how to grow crops and run a farm in preparation for life after football! How many multimillionaire football players do that?

From what I gather he fancies that last stint at Atlético, which would suit him, while going to a club in trouble like us doesn't sound like the most compelling 18-month project prior to moving back home.

NoPace

Spurs to replace Kane until the summer makes the most sense, right?

If everyone was smart PSG could send Kurzawa to Arsenal now, Arsenal sell Kolasinac to some team that needs a left-back immediately in Germany or lower in the Prem like Watford, PSG gets Danny Rose (who Mourinho seems not to prefer to Sessegnon anyways) to be their left-back for the next couple years (along with Bernat) and sends Cavani to Spurs to fill in while Kane is out.

Varun1

How about Morelos? Would he fit in better than Cavani? Would rangers sell?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I agree but do have to wonder how much money would either be expecting a week? Personally I’d prefer Cavani. What either be on a week? If it’s like 140k for 2 years with an option for a 3rd then fare enough but if it’s like 200k then nah.
I’d prefer Costa personally. Has already done it in the PL.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not even going to bother with this.

We should be all over this as we desperately need a finisher but we wont because the club dont care.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I am honestly shocked how many people want him. Have you lot not learnt anything? He's too old, he's too injury prone, he wouldn't want to be here for anything but the money, he'd be a total disaster. If we signed him it would be the biggest sign yet that this faith in Ole and a "plan for the future" is absolute bollocks.
I agree with mostly everything, but even if he did come for money, he's a consummate professional and would do his best no matter where he goes. The problem is mainly the first two points you made: Age and injuries have been catching up to him to the point he injures himself kicking the ball. I would stay away too and I love the guy.