Eduardo Camavinga | Real Madrid watch

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
This is why I doubt RM go after this guy as they already stocked in that area and they need to invest on other replacements like Kroos/Modric/Benzema/Ramos positions first.

If Carmavinga has right advisors they dont let him go to RM, Instead he should consider clubs like UTD/Barca as both teams need players of his mould.
Which is Camavinga's position that is so different to Kroos's or Modric's? I don't get why he''s compared to Valverde, who plays in the same position as Kroos and Modric, or Odegaard, who is more of an attacking midfielder, and not to Kroos and Modric in this case.

Last edited:

Icemav

Honestly though, we sign a player like him and we have made a serious investment in the future of the club. Perhaps even a game changer for us .

ovoxo

What type of midfielder is he? From those France highlights he seems more like a Pogba style player but when he played PSG he looked more holding midfielder.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What type of midfielder is he? From those France highlights he seems more like a Pogba style player but when he played PSG he looked more holding midfielder.
He doesn't have a type he can pretty much do everything. It's difficult to pigeon hole him when he is defensively sound and technically above average, the question will be about his athleticism when he is 20-21 years old.

ovoxo

He doesn't have a type he can pretty much do everything. It's difficult to pigeon hole him when he is defensively sound and technically above average, the question will be about his athleticism when he is 20-21 years old.
Interesting! What position do you think he’ll end up long term? All action box to box?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
When he gets older and bulks up he could be a very good holding midfielder but i feel it would be a waste. He's really good technically, he needs to be played higher.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
When he gets older and bulks up he could be a very good holding midfielder but i feel it would be a waste. He's really good technically, he needs to be played higher.
I get a strange feeling he's going to wind up like Pogba where there will be a constant debate on where he should be played into his mid-20's. They are very similar in many ways, but maybe Camavinga is a bit more solid defensively.

Icemav

This is when the old heads will say that this over specialization is a new thing. Back in the day a midfielder was expected to do it all. Run, tackle, pass score goals, hold, box2box. This kid looks like he can do it all. Let him do it all. Someone like Pogba can probably do it all but definitely doesn't like doing it all, and definitely doesn't have the defensive technique and talent of this kid, whereas Camavinga can and seems to like it. Long live the old fashioned midfielder. A dream. No need to carefully craft a balanced midfield around him to make him operate optimally. If he can do many roles to a world class level then blessed are the team he plays for.

Last edited:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Great signing, annoying how Real are strengthening their already world class midfield while we’re unable to fill glaring holes in our starting midfield.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
The rumours all summer that his preference was Spain, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops over there.

He might be the next Raphael Varane :devil:

JoaquinJoaquin

Great signing, annoying how Real are strengthening their already world class midfield while we’re unable to fill glaring holes in our starting midfield.
I don't think i'd be as high on them as that in this day and age. Modric nor Kroos are the same players they were 2 years ago.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Think this move has come far too early for him. Massively overhyped right now and not nearly good enough for Real Madrid at this moment in time.

izec

Think he will be a superstar. He will get eased in initially, but mid to long term, he will tear it up there

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Sad to see him leave Rennes on such a low.

Hope the move works out for him although I'm worried about how he'll develop with such fierce midfield competition.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Amazing that we have managed to land him. Will be exciting to see how he does. I have Zero expectation from him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Quite glad about this.

Could be a good player but could also be the next bakayoko or the next Ndomebele.

Feel that alot of French players easily hyped but quite often they don't meet expectations.

Pickle85

Think this move has come far too early for him. Massively overhyped right now and not nearly good enough for Real Madrid at this moment in time.
Agree with this. I know he's proven at a higher level but it has a touch of the Odegaard to me. Agree that it could be too soon (hopefully!) and the Madrilenos will turn on him fast if he doesn't settle quickly.

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
Many of their young signings flop. What happened to those Brazilians and the eastern european forward they signed?
Yes none of the young players has set the world on fire. Vinicious, Rodrygo, Militao and Reiner has cost around 200 euros and still waiting for them to become world class. Reiner is on the bench for Dortmund. Not looking good.

The forward is Jovic I presume? He is a big flop as well.

iKnowNothing

This feels so much like Odegard signing. Young, massively hyped player. For his sake, I hope he doesn’t get loaned out to Arsenal soon.

Stacks

Yes none of the young players has set the world on fire. Vinicious, Rodrygo, Militao and Reiner has cost around 200 euros and still waiting for them to become world class. Reiner is on the bench for Dortmund. Not looking good.

The forward is Jovic I presume? He is a big flop as well.
loaned him to Bundesliga and he scored like 4 goals. Don't forget Odegaard

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
loaned him to Bundesliga and he scored like 4 goals. Don't forget Odegaard
It's not like every young player has been a flop.
Ramos came as 18 years old.
Benzema was 21
Casemiro was under 20 as well
Higuain was 19
Ozil was 22
Varane was 19
Marcelo was 18

Sometime it works sometime it don't.

The 4 brazillians are still very young and they can still succeed.

Odegaard was afraid of the competetition. He would rather play relegation game in Premier League then CL football.

RedDevilPure

Real either make you or break you. Most talented young players who move there at such an early age rarely live up to their hype. Real isn't a place for weak players, Good luck to him, I hope he has a strong mentality.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The hope with him is that the reason for such poor performances after his breakout season was all the noise around his future. The thing I've mentioned before though is if that's the reason he hasn't been continuing his progress, then I'm worried Madrid is going to be far from the best place for him. Maybe it's all armchair psychology and I hope he does well. He didn't cost a fortune so at least there won't be as much pressure as if Madrid paid a crazy fee.

passing-wind

It's sink or swim for Camavinga at real Madrid. The reason there's no middle ground is because the level they compete at. He'll either be a world class midfielder or he'll be sold eventually. That choice is up to him, it might be early for him but now is a good time given that Kroos / Modric are ageing.

I still feel that the type of qualities he possesses he is more suited to be a defensive midfielder. We will see if he kicks on best of luck to him.

Irrational.

He’s going to flop at Madrid, and will end up on loan to a club like Arsenal in the next few seasons. Bookmark this.

Madrid is a shite club for nurturing talent.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He’s going to flop at Madrid, and will end up on loan to a club like Arsenal in the next few seasons. Bookmark this.

Subscribed.

Crustanoid

Hopefully he’ll be benchwarming for Bradford Park Avenue or somewhere in the Northern Premier league in a few years.

fecking Judas

MDFC Manager

Wan Bissaka and Greenwood have liked his instagram post about joining Madrid. Seems like these 2 are off too :(