Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What's his best role and what are his strengths?

I saw him play well for France, but haven't seen much of him.
He doesn't have a best role at the moment. He is very complete, he is an above average passer and tackler but also has above average vision and positioning. As an 18 years old his main weakness is that he is frail and he will have to demonstrate that he can play at the highest level throughout a season and year after year.

Varun1

You gotta consider the possibility that he might not want to join us at the moment.
Who's us? United? If so, totally agree. By all accounts, he's extremely talented and most of the top teams will be casting an eye: United are neither one of the top teams at the moment nor offer the same attraction that teams like Dortmund currently do, which is the ability to grow without undue pressure and allowing the player to move on when an offer comes in.

He seemed sure to be joining Real but doubt it will happen now, Bennett has been very critical of Zidane and Real over Bale.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Who's us? United? If so, totally agree. By all accounts, he's extremely talented and most of the top teams will be casting an eye: United are neither one of the top teams at the moment nor offer the same attraction that teams like Dortmund currently do, which is the ability to grow without undue pressure and allowing the player to move on when an offer comes in.

He seemed sure to be joining Real but doubt it will happen now, Bennett has been very critical of Zidane and Real over Bale.
Bennett is taking instruction from his client (bale)... if his client is cammavinga and his parents and they say they want to go to real Madrid and Madrid want him im sure there will be no personal animosity that can't be put aside in an instant with the money involved

Red_Orchestra

After the Sancho saga, I have absolutely ZERO faith in signing someone like Camavinga.
BUT, the good news is, Woodward will still put in a bid just for the cameras sake. So there technically is a slight chance that Stade Rennais will accept a VERY late bid for £50m plus £50m add-ons.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I get the feeling his agent or the media will be in his ear about the French talents that came here and flopped or got a lot of hate rather the youth that's been developing and succeeding here

croadyman

I get the feeling his agent or the media will be in his ear about the French talents that came here and flopped or got a lot of hate rather the youth that's been developing and succeeding here
Yeah will have to look elsewhere which isn't a major problem

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I doubt it when we would probably pay his agent and him a fat wedge

Chief123

I really hope we sign this kid in January after saying cheerio to Paul Flogba.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
French players are quite overrated in league/european football. Dembele, Pogba, Varane, Martial, Kante, Digne, Coman even Mbappe - I would not be surprised if Camawinga turns out to be the same.

AshRK

French players are quite overrated in league/european football. Dembele, Pogba, Varane, Martial, Kante, Digne, Coman even Mbappe - I would not be surprised if Camawinga turns out to be the same.
You forgot the biggest one - Griezmann

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
I love us signing exciting young talents but right now we need a ready made player for defensive midfield.
This kid has played a lot of first team football for his age and even has a few caps so he is clearly a prodigious talent but is he ready for such a big step up yet? The fees being mentioned are too much for a Dortmund style stepping stone move so maybe he’s better off staying put for now?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What does that mean exactly? You listed a bunch of players that have either won a lot of silverware or haven't been particularly rated let alone overrated in the case of Digne and Martial, then you have Dembélé who has been productive but injury prone.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What does that mean exactly? You listed a bunch of players that have either won a lot of silverware or haven't been particularly rated let alone overrated in the case of Digne and Martial, then you have Dembélé who has been productive but injury prone.
Indeed a confusing post. Surely no one wants a Mbappe or Coman or a healthy Dembele in their team. :lol:

kode

While watching him i dont see a number 6 rather an 8 or even 10. He could be a replacement for Pogba and compete with VDB,

Champagne Football

He'd be mad to go to Madrid so early in his career. Odegaard, Varane, Rodrygo, Isco, Jovic, Vinicius Junior etc were the most sought after kids/young payers in world football when Madrid bought them, but have all really struggled there. Even Benzema struggled in his first few seasons.

Mainoldo

I don’t think we are top of the list for French players at the minute in all honestly. You think they aren’t aware of how Pogba has been treated.

He won’t be coming here unfortunately.

pascell

He'd be mad to go to Madrid so early in his career. Odegaard, Varane, Rodrygo, Isco, Jovic, Vinicius Junior etc were the most sought after kids/young payers in world football when Madrid bought them, but have all really struggled there. Even Benzema struggled in his first few seasons.
Shaw, Martial, Pogba and Depay, all highly rated as youngsters before coming to United, all struggled at United. Swings and roundabouts.

Chicharito_

I never really like the idea of signing a player that will always dream of being at Real Madrid, Ronaldo was acceptable as he gave us so much but I doubt anyone will live up to those expectations ever again.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I never really like the idea of signing a player that will always dream of being at Real Madrid, Ronaldo was acceptable as he gave us so much but I doubt anyone will live up to those expectations ever again.
I would very gladly give Camavinga the opportunity to dream some more of being at Real Madrid while in a Bayern jersey.

Champagne Football

Shaw, Martial, Pogba and Depay, all highly rated as youngsters before coming to United, all struggled at United. Swings and roundabouts.
3 of those players were bought by a manager who litteraly had no idea what he was doing. The other was bought by a diva who is a cheque-book manager who put his own self interest above the clubs. Ole has a better understanding of what a Man Utd player is.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Calling Coman overrated is pretty hilarious, really, considering how little hype there has been around Coman even at Bayern and considering the year he has had.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
3 of those players were bought by a manager who litteraly had no idea what he was doing. The other was bought by a diva who is a cheque-book manager who put his own self interest above the clubs. Ole has a better understanding of what a Man Utd player is.
Van Gaal didn’t know what he way doing but Ole does? :lol:

GledTheRed

I don’t think we are top of the list for French players at the minute in all honestly. You think they aren’t aware of how Pogba has been treated.

Yes we have treated him like shit paying him 290K a week to be half arsed for 4.5 years.

Champagne Football

Van Gaal didn’t know what he way doing but Ole does? :lol:
Felipe Scolari was a world cup winner before he arrived at Chelsea, but when with Chelsea he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. Lampard has won nothing at Chelsea but its clear he's building a solid foundation there. Players with the right mentality who are a good fit for the club. Similar to what Ole is doing. If you can't see that then you should probably follow cricket instead.

Cloud7

Late contender for worst post of the year.

Red_toad

So they wouldn’t want to be paid hundreds of thousands of £ a week?
Sorry but treated? You mean getting rightly criticised for being half arsed when performing.
We have several young French players on the books, they all don’t seem very affected by Pogba amassing multi millions for not playing to the required standards.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Flippin heck. Everyone was banging on about camavinga and I thought he's a legitimate fully grown capable player.

Dude is a kid. Why can't we just settle to purchase a ready made player

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Between him, Halland and Dayot, who would you choose?

We'd win the title with those three (on paper).
I have all three plus Sancho in my 2021/22 team in FM2021 (along with Greenwood, Rashford and Martial) and it’s all conquering! :lol:

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Felipe Scolari was a world cup winner before he arrived at Chelsea, but when with Chelsea he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. Lampard has won nothing at Chelsea but its clear he's building a solid foundation there. Players with the right mentality who are a good fit for the club. Similar to what Ole is doing. If you can't see that then you should probably follow cricket instead.
You’ve gotta be trolling. Ole is building something starting with 7 defensive players & leaving it that way for 45 minutes while we need 2 goals? Bringing on 2 youngster defenders when we need 3 goals. Oh yes, what a tactical mastermind :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.