Eduardo Camavinga / signs for Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highfather_24

Camavinga has a much much higher ceiling than Declan Rice. And is arguably already a better player. A much more complete footballer.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Can't say I've watched much of him. But stats wise he seems like a younger Pogba who gets stuck in a bit more but not as creative. Here's a comparison with Pogba and Matic from the 2017-18 season (as they both played as the double pivot for most of that season).

Looks to me like he'd be fine in a double pivot, moreso than Pogba, but would still need a safer player next to him as he gives it away often too.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Is camavinga a deep lying playmaker type?

if he is then I’m liking the sound of him replacing Pogba as our a creative CM in our squad.

I still want Rice to replace Matic as our ball winning midfielder but I guess that can wait considering west ham qualified for Europa league as well.

Mark Pawelek

if he is then I’m liking the sound of him replacing Pogba as our a creative CM in our squad.

I still want Rice to replace Matic as our ball winning midfielder but I guess that can wait considering west ham qualified for Europa league as well.
More like an energetic hunter, like Fred but with an, obviously, higher ceiling. Also over-priced by Rennes.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Camavinga is a promising talent, but a lot of his hype is due to the fact he had an amazing first season at 16.
This season was more hit and miss, but at the same time he added more offensive tools and if he can find the right balance it will be a useful season for him.
If he's priced correctly, he's definitely worth a risk, could end up being an M'Vila(worst case), Arteta or Cesc if you look at similar players succeeding at a young age as CM/DM.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
L’Équipe reporting Rennes will sell him if they haven't extended his deal before the 28th of June.

Scholsey2004

I think hes more like Edgar Davids.

jesperjaap

I think hes more like Edgar Davids.
Yes that who he reminds me of, if he can go on to be half the player he was, should spend whatever it takes. For me two of the most realistic and value for money transfers we could potentially do this summer both have contract disputes and neither are representing there sides in the Euros and that is Camavinga and Romagnoli....and we could possibly get both for the same price of Rice. Would actually like to see a swap deal with Dalot for ROmagnoli then he is virtually a zero spend.

But Camavinga, people saying a bit hit and miss this season....he is till 17 or 18 lets not forget. He would be a great signing for anybody this summer, tat may well be the problem in trying to sign him

jesperjaap

Camavinga is a promising talent, but a lot of his hype is due to the fact he had an amazing first season at 16.
This season was more hit and miss, but at the same time he added more offensive tools and if he can find the right balance it will be a useful season for him.
If he's priced correctly, he's definitely worth a risk, could end up being an M'Vila(worst case), Arteta or Cesc if you look at similar players succeeding at a young age as CM/DM.
M'Vila, wow that is a blast from the past, didnt realise he is only 30 and still playing

bosskeano

I'd love to see us spend the 40m on this kid and tie him down with this young squad. He's very similar to Bellingham with how he plays and would be an ideal player in our midfield.

I just don't see Ole making this a priority though.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
L’Équipe reporting Rennes will sell him if they haven't extended his deal before the 28th of June.
He’s the obvious one on the market this summer if Ole wants to persist with 2 x box to box. Go for Bellingham in 2 years and phase out Fred and McT for Hannibal and Hansen as the rotation. I would wait another year at least and take a bit of the sting out of Rices contract and wait for west ham to fall off. He won’t be long pushing for a move once they are back in 10th place.

Kingslayer18

I have a dream, far fetched dream but a dream nonetheless of a Bellingham and Camavinga midfield pairing for United. It would take some planning and luck, but could be achievable in 2-3 years time. Buy Camavinga now during this transfer window and get Bellingham in 2-3 years time, when Dortmund will be ready to sell him. They would be great in a double pivot and feel they could combine well together, both strong defensively but can also go forward as well. They would also fit in well in a midfield 3, as the two 8's.

jesperjaap

I have a dream, far fetched dream but a dream nonetheless of a Bellingham and Camavinga midfield pairing for United. It would take some planning and luck, but could be achievable in 2-3 years time. Buy Camavinga now during this transfer window and get Bellingham in 2-3 years time, when Dortmund will be ready to sell him. They would be great in a double pivot and feel they could combine well together, both strong defensively but can also go forward as well. They would also fit in well in a midfield 3, as the two 8's.
Well even thinking about that now and how unlikely it is, is frustrating. I would go as far as to say it leaves a bad smell and sucks. "I have a dream"......who said that again..oh yes...Fartin Hoover Thing haha

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
I think he goes to PSG. Its the best way to move up a level and have a new challenge while staying in his comfort zone for now

Also, I'm not sure he is ready to be a regular starter for a top club truly competing to win a tough league like the Premier League or La Liga. He is still pretty young and raw in many ways. At PSG he can screw up on occasion, learn on the job, and nobody will care because they will walk the league anyway next year with Lille and Lyon holding fire sales this summer.

Mylock

There is no doubt that Camavinga would be a great signing if we have top quality midfielders. This is not the case. It's a more experienced DM we need as a priority this summer, not an outstanding youth prospect.
If Camavinga were signed, the media and supporters would eat him alive if he didn't hit the ground running straight off. We have enough outstanding prospects; we need automatic starters like Bruno, who will play 40 to 50 matches and provide the backbone and leadership this team badly needs.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A lot of people saying that Camavinga’s hype has come from breaking through young rather than his performances.

I wonder if I would skip on him and wait for Bellingham instead.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
A lot of people saying that Camavinga’s hype has come from breaking through young rather than his performances.

I mean Bellingham is similar, he has good moments, but his overall performances are a bit overhyped because of his age as well.

Ekeke

He's a better Fred. One that would seem to have a lot of potential and could maybe go as far as the likes of Kante or Casemiro have over the past 5 years if he keeps developing. When you cant sign Kante he has to be somewhere on the list of midfielders you'd want to deploy next to Pogba to do a lot of the dirty work, running, tackling and pressuring opponents

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
This is the guy I really want as our midfield signing, he would be quality and would definitely complement pogba. His style seems a little bit like Kante, this guy is up there with the most tackles in Europe along with AWB

bosskeano

Bellingham hasn't turned 18 yet and when he does, Dortmund will sign him to a contract extension probably until 2025. You really want to wait until then and have to deal with Dortmund based on how it's been so far?

Camavinga is a true 8 that possesses the ability to create but isn't afraid to do the dirty work and tackle. He's better on the ball than Fred or Scott and he's certainly more athletic than either of them.

Again, the giant elephant in the room is Pogba.

Tallis

There is no doubt that Camavinga would be a great signing if we have top quality midfielders. This is not the case. It's a more experienced DM we need as a priority this summer, not an outstanding youth prospect.
If Camavinga were signed, the media and supporters would eat him alive if he didn't hit the ground running straight off. We have enough outstanding prospects; we need automatic starters like Bruno, who will play 40 to 50 matches and provide the backbone and leadership this team badly needs.
Would love to see him paired with Garner. Think they could work really well together with Garner holding and dictating play and Camavinga more free, putting tackles and Progressing the ball.

jesperjaap

I'd love to see us spend the 40m on this kid and tie him down with this young squad. He's very similar to Bellingham with how he plays and would be an ideal player in our midfield.

I just don't see Ole making this a priority though.
ALthough I think he is different to Bellingham, the similarity i see is he shouldnt be tied to the questions people ask "what position is he, is he box to box, deep lying playermaker" etc etc.

They are both well rounded and able to do several roles I feel as they have a tonne of technical ability and are also both aggresive

jesperjaap

I still feel we need two central midfielders signed personally so get the point but think whoever we were to sign experienced or not, that same problem exists.

Where I do disagree though, is "we already have outstanding prospects"....both Bellingham and Camavinga are not the finished article and still have a lot of progression to do, but they are not outstanding prospects, they have both played for there country more than once and have around 100 games between them for sides that have been title challengers in the countries top league division. The only young player we have of that ilk is Greenwood. Any of Mad, Hannibal, Garner, Pellestri could go on to be similar if not better players, they have to play, but apart from age I dont think we can compare Camavinga with them as he is far more experienced....maybe a case of seeing shuny new toy, but I think he becomes a regular starter for us within a very short period of time here, is already a better option than any we have for the pivot

Last edited:

jesperjaap

Would love to see him paired with Garner. Think they could work really well together with Garner holding and dictating play and Camavinga more free, putting tackles and Progressing the ball.
I do think we need to show some faith in Garner in terms of a squad place. We have a number of midfield options that there are reasons to sell Matic, Lingard, Pogba, VDB, Pereira even Fred too.

I think if we were to be ruthless which we wont and sell the majority of those and maybe sign a couple of central midfielders, as those sales would allow us to sign a lot of pairing bar the costs of the likes of Rice and Barella..... Garner can surely be a 4th or 5th choice option for the doubloe pivot next season within the squad.

bosskeano

I think with Zidane gone this isn’t nailed on for him to go there. I suspect Ancelotti will have other more experienced targets in mind

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Not nailed but it’s the destination he favours. May come down to bidding
Thought he was a United fan or was all that a load of bollocks.

If Pogba stays and Varane joins there’s 2 good reasons for him to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.